Ozen at Vidor Predictions

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vidor could realisticly be 5-3 if not 6-2. So you are saying that it's the kids fault? In high school football it's all about coaching. I believe Vidor has always had talent but the talent level is never pushed to the extreme by the coaching staff. It's funny how Vidor's Junior High team wins every year. The Nederland game was just a great come back by the team, not the coaching. Central was just like the Ozen game last year. Vidor is winning with around a minute left and we run nothing but a prevent defense. Make the other team make a big play. Do not let them scramble for 30 yards. The Lumberton game Vidor fumbles 3 times inside the 20. PNG was horrific. Defense played great but the offense stumbles again until Vidor starts throwing the ball. They could have thrown the ball all night.

It's all about coaching. Look at Dan Hooks and Larry Neuman? I guess they both have more talent than Vidor? Those coaches know who to play and where to play them. If I remember correctly the class of 2004 went 29-1 from 7th-9th grade with a last second loss to Ozen. I guess you're right it's not the coaches fault.

Vidor could realisticly be 5-3 if not 6-2. So you are saying that it's the kids fault? In high school football it's all about coaching. I believe Vidor has always had talent but the talent level is never pushed to the extreme by the coaching staff. It's funny how Vidor's Junior High team wins every year. The Nederland game was just a great come back by the team' date=' not the coaching. Central was just like the Ozen game last year. Vidor is winning with around a minute left and we run nothing but a prevent defense. Make the other team make a big play. Do not let them scramble for 30 yards. The Lumberton game Vidor fumbles 3 times inside the 20. PNG was horrific. Defense played great but the offense stumbles again until Vidor starts throwing the ball. They could have thrown the ball all night.

It's all about coaching. Look at Dan Hooks and Larry Neuman? I guess they both have more talent than Vidor? Those coaches know who to play and where to play them. If I remember correctly the class of 2004 went 29-1 from 7th-9th grade with a last second loss to Ozen. I guess you're right it's not the coaches fault.[/quote']coaches cant get out there and block for a kid ..was it the coaches fault that they fumbled inside the 20???

I am not saying it is the kids fault..But you cant blame everything on the coaches..

Vidor could realisticly be 5-3 if not 6-2. So you are saying that it's the kids fault? In high school football it's all about coaching. I believe Vidor has always had talent but the talent level is never pushed to the extreme by the coaching staff. It's funny how Vidor's Junior High team wins every year. The Nederland game was just a great come back by the team' date=' not the coaching. Central was just like the Ozen game last year. Vidor is winning with around a minute left and we run nothing but a prevent defense. Make the other team make a big play. Do not let them scramble for 30 yards. The Lumberton game Vidor fumbles 3 times inside the 20. PNG was horrific. Defense played great but the offense stumbles again until Vidor starts throwing the ball. They could have thrown the ball all night.

It's all about coaching. Look at Dan Hooks and Larry Neuman? I guess they both have more talent than Vidor? Those coaches know who to play and where to play them. If I remember correctly the class of 2004 went 29-1 from 7th-9th grade with a last second loss to Ozen. I guess you're right it's not the coaches fault.[/quote']

Realistically?? yes... but they arent 5-2 or 6-2..... Nederland could realistically be 7-1... 3 of 4 losses were really close.... but once again... they arent... What is possible is totally different than from what actually happened...Its not always the coaches fault... For instance... (By the way I am not singleing out this kid, there were plenty of other errors by LCM)... but take a look at the dropped pass by LCM on 3rd and long... If that ball is caught, thats a first down for LCM and they can run the clock out... You can blame who you want... I think it falls a little on both...It just depends on the circumstances, but the fact is that Vidor is not 6-2...they are 2-6 (or 3-5...not sure)

There is always going to be mistakes. Heck college and NFL players make mistakes constantly but it's coaching that wins games. Coaches have to put their kids in the position to win. Vidor is always trailing in every game. How many times have they had the lead due to 4 quarter heroics by a Pirate? Talent can only carry you so far and we all know this. The coaches have to push the kids to the limit and have discipline with in their team. Plain and simple, this isn't getting done by the Mighty Pirates. It's time for a change. Vidor never knows if Mathews is staying or going. You always hear he wants to go back to BC. Well let him go and we appreciate what he did while he was there. Vidor needed Mathews at the time when he was hired and the kids wanted him. Now it's time for a change.

Vidor has suprised the whole district this year but 2-6 isn't it. With LC-M having a great year and Ozen getting some momentum it might be another 2-8 season for Vidor. I'm just glad they aren't playing Gulf Shores anymore just to get an easy win. That was a joke for the whole district and the city of Vidor. How much revenue did those games pull in? Would Hooks, Neuman, or Burnett play Gulf Shores?

Guest Kelly Football

It's all about coaching. Look at Dan Hooks and Larry Neuman? I guess they both have more talent than Vidor? Those coaches know who to play and where to play them. If I remember correctly the class of 2004 went 29-1 from 7th-9th grade with a last second loss to Ozen. I guess you're right it's not the coaches fault.[/quote'] After following HS football for years here it seems like Vidor has always had this problem. Every different coach they'sve had it's been the same thing. Year after year. Vidor will look like a State Champ one week and look like a completely different team the next. Where is the consistancy? Vidor has never had any consistancy. Why?

Guest jbseballfan

There is always going to be mistakes. Heck college and NFL players make mistakes constantly but it's coaching that wins games. Coaches have to put their kids in the position to win.

So' date=' I guess hanging with a team all the way up to the last minute isn't putting their kids in the position to win? Seems to me....the kids were put there and couldn't pull it out in the end. Coaches can make every correct decision, and if the kids can't execute on the field...there's nothing you can do about it.[/color']

Vidor is always trailing in every game. How many times have they had the lead due to 4 quarter heroics by a Pirate? Talent can only carry you so far and we all know this.

I'd be pretty proud to know that the kids are fighting through to the fourth quarter. You think if Mathews wasn't motivating them that they would do that? Not hardly. Also...your point about talent is absolutely correct though not from the angle you are leaning towards. Seriously....how much talent does Vidor have? Be real honest here......two or three semi-consistent kids does not a football team make.

It's time for a change. Vidor never knows if Mathews is staying or going. You always hear he wants to go back to BC. Well let him go and we appreciate what he did while he was there. Vidor needed Mathews at the time when he was hired and the kids wanted him. Now it's time for a change.

So, have you ever sat down and had a conversation with Mathews about the pros and cons of staying/going? I think not. The BC stuff is a rumor every year because Vidorians can't stand it if they don't have something to gossip about. And really...if you are so concerned about there needing to be a change....go to a board meeting and publicly voice your opinion. Don't hide behind some BS screen name that insists you are from Baton Rouge, LA....and while we are on the subject...I find it incredibly ironic that you call yourself The Guru....considering that Vidosports.com is run by someone who calls himself the Guru...hmmmm go figure. Maybe a little conflict of interest there.

Vidor has suprised the whole district this year but 2-6 isn't it. With LC-M having a great year and Ozen getting some momentum it might be another 2-8 season for Vidor.

There you go....that's a way to have faith in your team. Tell the kids their coach sucks so there's your excuse to lose out the rest of your games. Vidor kids are the world's worst at playing to not get beat....not to win. And yes, there is a difference.

I'm just glad they aren't playing Gulf Shores anymore just to get an easy win. That was a joke for the whole district and the city of Vidor. How much revenue did those games pull in? Would Hooks, Neuman, or Burnett play Gulf Shores?

Now, here's the only thing I agree with. Playing Gulf Shores was ridiculous.

By the way...I added my comments in Blue inside the quote.

dont let them get you piratefan. i enjoy your ribbings son. just come on back and give some insite. ill take the ozen in the game. after winning last week against southlake carroll i mean lumbeton the ozens confidence should be at a season high. meanwile vidor latest loss to port neches has to have them boys feeling a little down son.with this being said ill go with the ozen in a pretty good matchup. and piratefan just come on back and have some good conversasions with jimmy son. dont let that boy bring you down.

dont let them get you piratefan.i enjoy your ribbings son.just come on back and give some insite.ill take theozen in the game.after winning last week against sothlake carr' date='oh i mean lumbeton the ozens confudance should be at a season high.meanwile vidores latestt loss to pot neches has to have them boys feeling a little down son.with this bein said ill go with theozen in a pretty good matchup.and piratefan just comeon back and have some good conversasions with jimmy son.dont let that boy bring you down.[/quote']Well jimmy I am speechless.. I appreciate the post.

Vidor will be ready for Ozen..should be a good game..Ozen is a very athletic team..Its a shame they couldnt have done more this year..that would have really shook up the district..

But it will be a good game.

Guest sportsfanatic

This is what makes me laugh about you guys....I heard that people get on here and talk badly about football. It's true. You forget that kids look at this and that you should be a little more respectful and knowledgeable before you post things. First of all, some of you people ask as though you are a coach yourselves and could do a better job. About Vidor, I think they have played well this year. And Guru, why don't you try and apply to coach. You want Mathews gone? You're an idiot. He is the best thing that has happened to Vidor. Do you not remember the playoff trip he took them to? You forget that? Alot of sports begin when the kids are young....you probably had something to do with that----they need better training from the people that coach them at a young age. If he went elsewhere, maybe people would see him for the awesome coach he is, instead of sitting around a computer thinking of things he does wrong. Nice try, Guru!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder