Okay SETX brothers a little help please

A lot of options still out there. He actually has solid offers from San Angelo State and TSU as well. But the cream of the crop still have above medium interest, still kinda in a holding pattern. His performance in these playoffs are really turning heads. The scouts were at large against Crosby and I am sure there will be many at Turner Saturday. He had knee surgery in Week Two and I really think it gave a few some apprehension. But he's been busting off three hundred yarders since, so we'll see.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="916716" timestamp="1290461578"]
A lot of options still out there. He actually has solid offers from San Angelo State and TSU as well. But the cream of the crop still have above medium interest, still kinda in a holding pattern. His performance in these playoffs are really turning heads. The scouts were at large against Crosby and I am sure there will be many at Turner Saturday. He had knee surgery in Week Two and I really think it gave a few some apprehension. But he's been busting off three hundred yarders since, so we'll see.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.  I think a lot of schools will regret not offering Dobbins. 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="916733" timestamp="1290463354"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=76509.msg916716#msg916716 date=1290461578]
A lot of options still out there. He actually has solid offers from San Angelo State and [color=maroon][b][s]TSU[/s][/b][/color] [b][font=Arial][size=12pt][color=goldenrod][color=maroon]TEXAS STATE[/color][/color][/size][/font][/b] as well. But the cream of the crop still have above medium interest, still kinda in a holding pattern. His performance in these playoffs are really turning heads. The scouts were at large against Crosby and I am sure there will be many at Turner Saturday. He had knee surgery in Week Two and I really think it gave a few some apprehension. But he's been busting off three hundred yarders since, so we'll see.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.  I think a lot of schools will regret not offering Dobbins. 
[/quote]

We (Texas State) fired our lackluster head coach today, so maybe we'll blaze a trail down there and pick up some more talent!

I assumed you meant Texas State, I guess it could have been texas southern?  I hope not...

I can only imagine if we have him paired up with our blue chip QB Tyler Arndt (out of Cuero)!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Wow. Leroy Dobbins. I haven't heard that name is years. I got a story for yall. Back in the day when my friend was playing in a tournament up in Humble when this years seniors and juniors were just about 10 and 11, the kids in Vidor now went up to houston to try and see what we could do and we got schooled and Leroy Dobbins was the main reason we never went back lol. He was legit even as a kid. Made my friend realize a lot lol. I never thought i would hear that kids name again but to see this it makes me feel better lol. Well i voted for him. Best of luck to him. What team does he play for again?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="916935" timestamp="1290478690"]
Wow. Leroy Dobbins. I haven't heard that name is years. I got a story for yall. Back in the day when my friend was playing in a tournament up in Humble when this years seniors and juniors were just about 10 and 11, the kids in Vidor now went up to houston to try and see what we could do and we got schooled and Leroy Dobbins was the main reason we never went back lol. He was legit even as a kid. Made my friend realize a lot lol. I never thought i would hear that kids name again but to see this it makes me feel better lol. Well i voted for him. Best of luck to him. What team does he play for again?
[/quote]

He's a Montgomery Bear. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="917080" timestamp="1290486365"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=76509.msg916935#msg916935 date=1290478690]
[/quote]

He's a Montgomery Bear. 
[/quote]

He's a bear now but he played at least his last 2 years of youth football at SCFL (South Montgomery County Football League) out of The Woodlands...It was common for SCFL to go to Houston or other surrounding areas and play end of season all star tourneys...This is probably where the poster ran into him...We had some really, really good players in that league around that time...(as I'm sure they still do since they have such large numbers)....One of my sons played against him in that league and he was as previously mentioned "legit as a kid"....He was a man amongst boys as a 11-12 year old...He was very hard to bring down, lightning quick, and as good as gone if he got to the corner....I'm not sure exactly when he moved to Montgomery but I'm fairly sure he didn't move until 8th grade at the earliest...Might've even been later..

It's good to see him having continued success...He always was a really good kid...Very humble and unassuming...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder