UIL Rules on PA Systems

GoDogs27

Can anyone clarify the UIL rules on PA systems... LC-M was playing very loud and obnoxious chanting noises during our offensive plays and I thought that was against the rules?? maybe I was wrong... I was disappointed in some of the sportsmanship from LCM tonight... That whole thing, along with several Nederland cars being painted with LC-M stuff, and the timekeeper not taking anytime off at the end of the game... and the cheap shots on Mosley toward the end of the game... I was kinda disappointed in all that...

Anyways... any clarifications on the UIL rules??

The announcer at LCM was very obnoxious when we played them . The fans were just being fans....don't believe we had any cars painted....wow, can't believe that happened! But the announcer guy............in my book, he needs to go!

Not for sure about the rules....I know a couple of years ago when we played Kilgore in the playoffs, they had this thundering train horn that they blew each and EVERYTIME we had the ball and nothing was done or said about it. I don't think its right, especially if it affects the focus on the game.

I still can't believe your cars were painted at LCM and the cheap shots on Mosely....wow...........bet a LOT of NED fans were upset bout that!

Actually I give credit where credit is due and the LCM announcer was GOOD last night. He was supportive of his team but not obnoxious in any way. However, I did not like the piped in noise over the PA system. I really do not know, but I am almost certain that it is against the rules because it is an advantage that only 1 team can use. They dont even pipe in noise in the NFL which allows almost anything. If it were not against some rule EVERYONE would be doing it. It was not really that bad, but it was somewhat noticeable. I dont think it impacted the game either way.

LCM's scoreboard is COOL and they way they are utilizing it is cool too. I really like their pregame music while the teams are warming up and I like the inspiration music and video as the Bears were running out on the field. That was awesome. Also, hoisting the giant flag underneath the lift bucket on the firetruck when the National Anthem was played almost brought tears to my eyes. Very cool LCM. 8)

Then they need to make a rule about bands too. When Vidor played Central, every time Vidor was about to snap the ball the Central band would start playing extremely loud, even during the play. That makes it hard hearing the cadence from the QB. If they have rules about PA announcer then the same should go for the bands as well.

nah that is and has always been part of the game and its something that both teams have the opportunity to do. Playing music or noise over the PA system gives the home team an unfair advantage.

Vidors band could have done the same thing to Central, your band just chose not to...

Then they need to make a rule about bands too. When Vidor played Central' date=' every time Vidor was about to snap the ball the Central band would start playing extremely loud, even during the play. That makes it hard hearing the cadence from the QB. If they have rules about PA announcer then the same should go for the bands as well.[/quote']

lol...thats part of the game. have you ever watched a college game? The home team has a distinct advantage in crowd noise due to the fans and the band....this is football not golf :lol:

Guest Uncle Rico

Then they need to make a rule about bands too. When Vidor played Central' date=' every time Vidor was about to snap the ball the Central band would start playing extremely loud, even during the play. That makes it hard hearing the cadence from the QB. If they have rules about PA announcer then the same should go for the bands as well.[/quote']

Come on Guys. It's football. Noise is part of the ambiance of HS football. Would you rather they played in the Jefferson County Library?

Ok then shut up about the PA announcers. "Noise is part of the game" right?? When you play at home your announcer can do the same thing. The kids don't even notice it on the field, trust me I've been there and you cannot hear a thing that the announcer says on Friday Nights. Is it an inconvenience to the fans?? Yes, but you should expect that at someone elses stadium because they are trying to get inside your heads. The same thing happens at college and pro games, they play the music over the speakers and everything.

What I was saying is' date=' if your going to have rules about PA announcers supporting their teams respectfully and playing music then you should do the same for the band because they are in the same boat. Agree or disagree that is a fact.[/quote']

I have to disagree. Like Mike said, both teams have the option of letting their bands play any time they feel like it. Piped in noise/music over the PA system, whether the players can hear it or not, is not an option that is available to both teams. Granted, I don't think it affected our play, but that doesn't make it right.

In the NIFL (indoor league that the Beaumont Drillers play in), the home team will get a warning for the first offense of playing music during the snap count. After that, the home team gets penalized for it. Yes, I know there is a big difference between playing inside an arena and outside in an open area. My point is, the NIFL does have a rule about it & Godogs27 was wondering if the UIL had a similar rule. It is a legitimate question. And again, I do not think it affected the outcome of any of our plays, I too, am just wondering if it is legal. If so, then heck yeah, every home team should use it.

As for LCM's announcer, I thought he did a good job - no complaints from me there. And I loved it when he would say, "And that's good enough for another Battlin' Bear . . ." and the fans would respond with "First Down!" Very cool. I wish we would have thought of that!! :)

PNG Proud:

I told ya about the unsportsmanlike conduct on the PA, didn't I? That guy is obnoxious.

Come on, you have to be kidding me. GoDogs said nothing about our announcer.

Ned fans, I am sorry to hear about the painted cars, I am very dissappointed to hear that. I am sure it was just some young kids being kids. However, I hope it was just shoe polish, or something similar that can be cleaned off.

and the cheap shots on Mosley toward the end of the game

I also saw a couple of cheap shots from Ned also.

I don't know about the announcer because I was on the sideline and can't hear all that crap, but the only cheap shot I saw was Nederlands big #72 push an Lcm player down as he was getting up. this happened after the play was over and the Ref just gave big boy a warning.

Boo Hoo Boo Hoo !

Just be glad you won the game you BIG CRYBABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The annoucer does not operate or control the scorboard at LCM has for the cars being painted I hate that something like that would happen any where, those kid s should be punished. I dont recall any cheap shots on Mosley? Good game and good luck. P.S. has for noise, that horn poited at the opposing stands is defening. But no big deal.IMO

It wasnt so much the announcer... I thought he did a great job... It was when they played that beginning beat to "We Will Rock You"... it was played very loud during several of Alex's snapcounts... Not hard feelings about it... I was just curious if there were any rules about it???

There are many things written on these sports message boards that are simply untrue. Most of us read these statements, smile, and read on.

Today I have read what very well may be the most inaccurate post that has ever been made on this board.

PNG Proud wrote that the announcer from LCM is obnoxious.

You could count on one hand the number of men in South East Texas as honorable as this man.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine