Friendswood vs. Humble 3rd Round Predictions?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="rollinac" post="915328" timestamp="1290319241"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=76423.msg914923#msg914923 date=1290305104]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg914799#msg914799 date=1290298719]
Friendswoods going to be a tough test, but i like the way we match up with them.   They have a great offense that is centered around throwing the ball, and a sub par defensive unit.

They play more into our strengths then into our weakness.  At least this week, we will have the speed advantage.  

Tough to say, got to watch some film on them (if i can get some).  Ive seen them twice this year, but it was at the start of the season.  Good teams tend to change and fix the problems after game 4 or so.
[/quote]

A classic post of the ill-informed.  Friendswood will win by 14 or more.  I love it when fans assume -- I wonder why -- that their teams will be faster or speedier than Friendswood.  Ask your SETX buddies at Dayton or Central about making that kind of assumption, or ask the folks at Dawson, Manvel, and LaMarque.  Truthfully, Humble would be no better than third in district 24-4A.  
[/quote]

Haha....you know he's gonna stir it up!  To be fair....it is unfair that Friendswood's teams are always assumed to be "slow."  FW always has good linebackers and 24-4A is the toughest district around.  That being said however all 4 teams are still alive because they played HISD in round 2.  Getting the sweep in round 1 was impressive.  LaMarque beating El Campo was a bit of a shocker. 
[/quote]

hahaha.

no one said they were slow.  He took that as insult because i said we would have a speed advantage....it was a reference to not having it against Central.  We are faster then they are from top to bottom, but it doesn't mean they're slow.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="915302" timestamp="1290317373"]
Friendswood by 17.  Van Meter is twice the coach of anyone on Humble's staff. 
[/quote]

Really? What is this based on ? The Humble staff has been together for many years and has had success on a five a level. Frazier you must be a cousin of someone from Fwood.

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="915302" timestamp="1290317373"]
[/quote]

its weird how its always the same Dayton fans (not all Dayton fans) that hate on Humble.

You know that Van Meter is twice the coach because??????????

Guest jhamilton
Humble has put how many kids in college and the NFL compared to? Really? Have a hall of fame Coach In Coach Q and Walt is no slouch. Really Frazier? Grow you some son.

[quote name="beechnut" post="915447" timestamp="1290352573"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg915302#msg915302 date=1290317373]
[/quote]

Really? What is this based on ? The Humble staff has been together for many years and has had success on a five a level. Frazier you must be a cousin of someone from Fwood.
[/quote]

As far as I know I'm not related to anyone that lives in Friendswood.  I hate Friendswood and would love to see yall kick their butts.  However, Van Meter is one of the best coaches around.  If your homerism doesn't allow you to see it, that's your problem. 

Maybe in Dayton we have a different barometer for success, but I wouldn't call a 37-26 record (according to maxpreps) over the last 6 years in 5A successful.  I'd call that average at best.  Since we're on the subject I'd like for all of you Humble fans to say something out loud with me.  Repeat after me.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Say it again.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Wasn't that cathartic for everyone?    I know I feel better.  The sooner yall realize that the sooner the healing process can begin.  DB was a great player and yall had a great run 15 years ago, but let it go. 

[quote name="HUM398" post="915454" timestamp="1290352824"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg915302#msg915302 date=1290317373]
[/quote]

its weird how its always the same Dayton fans (not all Dayton fans) that hate on Humble.

[/quote]

Hey HUM can you do me a favor?  After yall lose this week can you make your requisite post about zoning restrictions and how all of Humble's talent gets sent to other schools.  Those never get old. 

Also there's no hate for Humble.  I spent my first three years of grade school there.  I'd love to see Humble make a run this year. However I'm not that fond of the over inflated sense of self worth yall have over there. I know you're proud of what happened 15 years ago, but that was the past.  Let's make a deal.  We'll keep going balls deep in the playoffs on our end of 1960 and you guys can enjoy mediocrity on your end.  Good talk, son.

[quote name="beechnut" post="915457" timestamp="1290352978"]
Humble has put how many kids in college and the NFL compared to? Really? Have a hall of fame Coach In Coach Q and Walt is no slouch. Really Frazier? Grow you some son.
[/quote]

You just made my point for me.  I appreciate it.  Humble has sent a ridiculous amount of players to the next level, but outside of a few runs you guys haven't done a lot come playoff time.  So it's obvious that the talent is there.  What's the missing ingredient?  I'll let you figure that one out. 

Grow you some, son?????  Really?????  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I sense a little internet tough guy in this post. 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="915571" timestamp="1290361785"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg915454#msg915454 date=1290352824]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey HUM can you do me a favor?  After yall lose this week can you make your requisite post about zoning restrictions and how all of Humble's talent gets sent to other schools.  Those never get old. 

Also there's no hate for Humble.  I spent my first three years of grade school there.  I'd love to see Humble make a run this year. However I'm not that fond of the over inflated sense of self worth yall have over there. I know you're proud of what happened 15 years ago, but that was the past.  Let's make a deal.  We'll keep going balls deep in the playoffs on our end of 1960 and you guys can enjoy mediocrity on your end.  Good talk, son.
[/quote]

Ill let the kids do the talking on the field. 

Its unfortunate that Humble won't be able to meet up with Dayton this year.  That sure would be a hell of a game.

Hmmm.  We go 11-1, and still no respect from Frazier....its what i expected.  No one is holding on to 15 years ago, other then you.  Ill make you another deal, you keep on pounding your chest and feeding your over inflated ego at your end of 1960....and ill keep it real on mine.

On a side not, HUM398.  I know that your guys are battle tested and used to playing those big 5a schools, but don't underestimate FW.  They are as close to a 5a team that you'll face.  They're good.  Very well coached.  Their coach won't go braindead in the middle of a game.  And their players are very fundimentally sound.  They'll run those little gadget plays.  They'll loff you to sleep with stupid plays (and you'll think their stupid) then they'll catch you with your underwear down and hit with the big play.  Or they may short gain you all night with the short pass.  Coaching better have done his homework on this team.

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="915562" timestamp="1290361104"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=76423.msg915447#msg915447 date=1290352573]
[/quote]

[/quote]

As far as I know I'm not related to anyone that lives in Friendswood.  I hate Friendswood and would love to see yall kick their butts.  However, Van Meter is one of the best coaches around.  If your homerism doesn't allow you to see it, that's your problem. 

Maybe in Dayton we have a different barometer for success, but I wouldn't call a [b]37-26 record[/b] (according to maxpreps) over the last 6 years in 5A successful.  I'd call that average at best.  Since we're on the subject I'd like for all of you Humble fans to say something out loud with me.  Repeat after me.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Say it again.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Wasn't that cathartic for everyone?    I know I feel better.  The sooner yall realize that the sooner the healing process can begin.  DB was a great player and yall had a great run 15 years ago, but let it go. 
[/quote]

Beasley is currently 43-21, so it would be unfair to include Coach Quillens last year.    The man before Beasley was Neil Quillen, and Jerry is NO Neil Quillen.

When you run into Katy, North Shore, and Hightower...its a little hard to win 12-13 games a season.   Dayton wouldn't of fair much better in our 5a District...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="915634" timestamp="1290366258"]
On a side not, HUM398.  I know that your guys are battle tested and used to playing those big 5a schools, but don't underestimate FW.  They are as close to a 5a team that you'll face.  They're good.  Very well coached.  Their coach won't go braindead in the middle of a game.  And their players are very fundimentally sound.  They'll run those little gadget plays.  They'll loff you to sleep with stupid plays (and you'll think their stupid) then they'll catch you with your underwear down and hit with the big play.  Or they may short gain you all night with the short pass.  Coaching better have done his homework on this team.

[/quote]

They won't be underestimated.  I have full confidence the coaching staff knows how good they are.  We match up well against them schematically, and i have watched enough friendswood teams over the years to know that they are a legitimate contender year in and year out.  They are similar to the Baytown teams of the 90's and early 00's.  Their offense is their bread and butter.  They just be ready to come and play defense, because if i had to choose a team to come up with a game winning stop..it won't be the Stangs.

[quote name="HUM398" post="915624" timestamp="1290365607"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg915571#msg915571 date=1290361785]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg915454#msg915454 date=1290352824]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ill let the kids do the talking on the field. 

Its unfortunate that Humble won't be able to meet up with Dayton this year.  That sure would be a heck of a game.

Hmmm.  We go 11-1, and still no respect from Frazier....its what i expected.  No one is holding on to 15 years ago, other then you.   Ill make you another deal, [b]you keep on pounding your chest and feeding your over inflated ego[/b] at your end of 1960....and ill keep it real on mine.

[/quote]

I don't think it's an over-inflated ego when you back it up with 15 straight playoff appearances and a 92-34 record over the past 10 years...

that's what we're all on here for anyway, right?  To beat our chests??  I mean, we're a bunch of grown men (and women) arguing over high school football  ::)

As a true Mustang fan, I certainly think we can win this week, and will be there pulling for them. This game though is going to be a tough one.
I don't think Humble has seen an offense like FW has, and it is possible that we have not seen a defense like Humble's.

Quick scouting report:
The Mustangs are well coached true spread offense. We have a clutch QB, #6 Pete Meatzold, that can and will make all the throws. He spreads the ball around very well. We have 5 players that catch balls consistently, If you have a weakness in the secondary, we will find it. The true key to this years offense has been the quality of the running game, #5 Johnathan Johnson, a Junior Texas Tech commit, is a scary scatback kind of runner. When we spread the field with all the receivers, which you MUST honor, he has a broken field to run in, which he does very effectively. Meatzold is also a very good runner, he gives us another aspect that we have not had in the past. We have a huge O line, that is led by A&M commit #50 Ben Compton (6'3" 300, 4.9 40) at left Tackle, the rest of the line averages 260 plus. This year's offense may be the best overall we have had ever. Ask Dayton what they would think of a FW offense that is even better than any of the ones they ever faced.
The Defense is underrated, and has given up a lot of points this year, but has held in several crunch time situations. Some of their negatives are due directly to the quality of the 24-4a opposition. They are well coached, usually in the right place at the right times, and faster than they get credit for, again more due to the quality of opposition than a distinct lack of speed. Our tackling has sometimes been a little suspect, we often have given up lots of yard after the first hit. We do have a couple of good D linemen, #66 Manning is a big fast DL that disrupts a lot of plays. Compton often plays DT in crunch time, he can absolutely crush an offensive line.
Please Please Please kick it deep to us. I am sure you wont, and if you do your coach should be fired. When receiving KO's, whenever we can, we will run reverses, star formations, fakes, and anything else that Van Meter can come up with in that mad scientist brain of his. Our coverage is at best average, we have been beat several times on returns, but that is one place that pure speed can often burn us.
Van Meter is a great offensive coach, we are well coached, and talented. We have not played inspired of late, and have won even without a lot of intensity. I do not see that being a problem this week, I expect a fired up intense team to show up. If that team does not show up, then we don't deserve to win anyway.
Good luck, Humble, Just not too much if you don't mind

[quote name="HUM398" post="915636" timestamp="1290366412"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg915562#msg915562 date=1290361104]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe in Dayton we have a different barometer for success, but I wouldn't call a [b]37-26 record[/b] (according to maxpreps) over the last 6 years in 5A successful.  I'd call that average at best.  Since we're on the subject I'd like for all of you Humble fans to say something out loud with me.  Repeat after me.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Say it again.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Wasn't that cathartic for everyone?    I know I feel better.  The sooner yall realize that the sooner the healing process can begin.  DB was a great player and yall had a great run 15 years ago, but let it go. 
[/quote]

Beasley is currently 43-21, so it would be unfair to include Coach Quillens last year.    The man before Beasley was Neil Quillen, and Jerry is NO Neil Quillen.

When you run into Katy, North Shore, and Hightower...its a little hard to win 12-13 games a season.   Dayton wouldn't of fair much better in our 5a District...
[/quote]

I'm assuming you're referring to Coach Stewart when you say Jerry.  You make it sound like they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.  Give me a break. 

Career Records: Quillens 179-80 Stewart 164-61. Stewart has the advantage in winning percentage.  Quillens has more wins, but  I don't see Stewart having a problem passing that mark within the next season or two.

Quillens had one great season at Humble to go along with several first round losses and several years of not making the playoffs.at all.  Jerry Stewart took over a team that was 9-41 the five seasons before he got there.  All he's done is make the playoffs every season (15 seasons) and 10 district titles.  Not to mention 3 straight years of making the quarters or better and working on a fourth.  Yep you're right he's no Quillens.  The numbers say he's better. 

Could you not cry anymore about who you had to play? Those are just excuses.  I could make excuses all day about why dayton didn't win more games, but nobody cares. Either you won or you didn't.  That's all that really matters. 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="916503" timestamp="1290447464"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg915636#msg915636 date=1290366412]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg915562#msg915562 date=1290361104]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm assuming you're referring to Coach Stewart when you say Jerry.  You make it sound like they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.  Give me a break. 

Career Records: Quillens 179-80 Stewart 164-61. Stewart has the advantage in winning percentage.  Quillens has more wins, but  I don't see Stewart having a problem passing that mark within the next season or two.

Quillens had one great season at Humble to go along with several first round losses and several years of not making the playoffs.at all.  Jerry Stewart took over a team that was 9-41 the five seasons before he got there.  All he's done is make the playoffs every season (15 seasons) and 10 district titles.  Not to mention 3 straight years of making the quarters or better and working on a fourth.  Yep you're right he's no Quillens.  The numbers say he's better. 

Could you not cry anymore about who you had to play? Those are just excuses.  I could make excuses all day about why dayton didn't win more games, but nobody cares. Either you won or you didn't.  That's all that really matters. 

[/quote]

You are one of those embseles that looks at stats and equates them to success without taking into consideration the level of competition.  a 12-2 season doesn't trump a 7-3 season if didn't play an equivlent level of competition.  It isn't comparable.

Your coach is to be comended on the job he has done where he is at.  Their is no way to cut around that.  Just Coach Stewart wouldn't of faired better in the same situation that Quillen or Beasley were in these last 10 years.  Stewart simply didn't have to match up against some of the quality of teams they did.  Their isn't a program in our area comprable to The Katy Tigers, or to North Shore (at the 4a level).  LaMarque used to be that school, but has fizzled with the growth of pearland and dickinson areas.

Im not going to have a pissing match with you.  it gets old, and i really don't care how you view us.  you either respect us or you don't.  Either way, if we win...we will more then likely garner your envy or your respect. 

Our kids will play hard, and will earn everything that is given to them.  My opinion matters very little, and if Dayton wants to feels superior to the Wildcats...go ahead. 

Must be killing you to know that we are 11-1 though, after claiming we wouldn't win our own district...and be 1 and done.

[quote name="fatdaddy" post="916471" timestamp="1290444063"]
As a true Mustang fan, I certainly think we can win this week, and will be there pulling for them. This game though is going to be a tough one.
I don't think Humble has seen an offense like FW has, and it is possible that we have not seen a defense like Humble's.

Quick scouting report:
The Mustangs are well coached true spread offense. We have a clutch QB, #6 Pete Meatzold, that can and will make all the throws. He spreads the ball around very well. We have 5 players that catch balls consistently, If you have a weakness in the secondary, we will find it. The true key to this years offense has been the quality of the running game, #5 Johnathan Johnson, a Junior Texas Tech commit, is a scary scatback kind of runner. When we spread the field with all the receivers, which you MUST honor, he has a broken field to run in, which he does very effectively. Meatzold is also a very good runner, he gives us another aspect that we have not had in the past. We have a huge O line, that is led by A&M commit #50 Ben Compton (6'3" 300, 4.9 40) at left Tackle, the rest of the line averages 260 plus. This year's offense may be the best overall we have had ever. Ask Dayton what they would think of a FW offense that is even better than any of the ones they ever faced.
The Defense is underrated, and has given up a lot of points this year, but has held in several crunch time situations. Some of their negatives are due directly to the quality of the 24-4a opposition. They are well coached, usually in the right place at the right times, and faster than they get credit for, again more due to the quality of opposition than a distinct lack of speed. Our tackling has sometimes been a little suspect, we often have given up lots of yard after the first hit. We do have a couple of good D linemen, #66 Manning is a big fast DL that disrupts a lot of plays. Compton often plays DT in crunch time, he can absolutely crush an offensive line.
Please Please Please kick it deep to us. I am sure you wont, and if you do your coach should be fired. When receiving KO's, whenever we can, we will run reverses, star formations, fakes, and anything else that Van Meter can come up with in that mad scientist brain of his. Our coverage is at best average, we have been beat several times on returns, but that is one place that pure speed can often burn us.
Van Meter is a great offensive coach, we are well coached, and talented. We have not played inspired of late, and have won even without a lot of intensity. I do not see that being a problem this week, I expect a fired up intense team to show up. If that team does not show up, then we don't deserve to win anyway.
Good luck, Humble, Just not too much if you don't mind
[/quote]

We have NOT seen a offense like yours.  This is very true.  The closest thing was Willis, and lets be honest here...they weren't very good at it.

I antcipate a great game, i do love however love that some people believe we have no business being on the field with you guys.  Damn us Cat's got lucky and slipped into 3rd round.

I will give a breakdown of what i have observered from friendswood later this week, and you can let me know where i am wrong or where i am right. 

I will say this,  i am really looking forward to this game.  It is the one that i felt that if we could get past, we have a legit shot at a title.

Yalla are going to be TOUGH

[quote name="HUM398" post="916540" timestamp="1290449477"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg916503#msg916503 date=1290447464]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg915636#msg915636 date=1290366412]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are one of those embseles that looks at stats and equates them to success without taking into consideration the level of competition.   a 12-2 season doesn't trump a 7-3 season if didn't play an equivlent level of competition.  It isn't comparable.

Your coach is to be comended on the job he has done where he is at.  Their is no way to cut around that.  Just Coach Stewart wouldn't of faired better in the same situation that Quillen or Beasley were in these last 10 years.  Stewart simply didn't have to match up against some of the quality of teams they did.  Their isn't a program in our area comprable to The Katy Tigers, or to North Shore (at the 4a level).  LaMarque used to be that school, but has fizzled with the growth of pearland and dickinson areas.

Im not going to have a pissing match with you.  it gets old, and i really don't care how you view us.  you either respect us or you don't.  Either way, if we win...we will more then likely garner your envy or your respect.   

Our kids will play hard, and will earn everything that is given to them.  My opinion matters very little, and if Dayton wants to feels superior to the Wildcats...go ahead.   

Must be killing you to know that we are 11-1 though, after claiming we wouldn't win our own district...and be 1 and done.
[/quote]

Just a heads up.  If you're going to use a word to insult someone's intelligence, you might want to spell it right. I don't care who you had to play, the bottom line is Humble's playoff success has been minimal in comparison to Dayton's in recent years.  If you think getting beat in the first round is better than making the deep runs that Dayton has, I can't help you. 

Also, you have no clue what kind of success Coach Stewart would or wouldn't have had in Humble. 
I also love how you say yall aren't hanging on to the past yet you bring up Quillens in a thread about Humble/Friendswood 2010. 

I never said Humble wouldn't win the district yall are in.  When all the realignment talk was going on I said Humble wouldn't win district if put in Dayton's district.  Unfortunately we won't get to find out. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83