Dayton vs. Kingwood Park Game Thread/Dayton Wins/Comments

Hawkeye

Kingwood Park was one of the better teams that the Broncos have faced.  The two teams matched up pretty well, but ultimately the Dayton linemen did work on the KP linemen.  Dayton was stronger, faster, more disciplined and better coached. 

Thoughts and Reflections:

1. This Bronco team is pretty good.
2. The Defense got stops and made good plays. They did seem to play down a little bit in the second half.
3.  #62...You shouldn't be tired in the 2nd quarter.  Knock that center on his ace every play.  Good Game today out of #62 Toussant.
4.  KP had some scrappy kids who had a little fight in them.  Dayton still kicked their tails, but they get respect for their hard-nosed play.
5.  As good as this team is, there is still room for improvement.  I look for the Broncos to refocus and come out ready punch La Marque in the nose repeatedly.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well played game by the broncos and Tyrone I agree room for improvement. I have a big toilet flush for dave campbell he has been hating on dayton all year he had kp picked way to go mr expert we have room for anybody to jump on the wagon but not you all your big picks are out in time we will see. Enough about haters how bout that #5 think we need to take more shots deep.

[quote name="#5 fever" post="915415" timestamp="1290349518"]
see. Enough about haters how bout that #5 think we need to take more shots deep.
[/quote]

your son was wide open on that PA screen fake...when he ran a fly down the sideline...just overthrown.

I hope that makes an encore appearance next week

Was Travis at the game yesterday?  IMO how can someone in their right mind make an educated pick if they don't see the team/team's play?  KWP was not even on the same planet as Dayton yesterday.  It was kind of like when I went and watched Lake Travis play, they were just on another level, and that showed yesterday.  Dayton is just a notch above right now.  Barring any disasters Dayton will move on but I expect to see La Marque give Dayton a little fight.  On another note, you guys and gals think DCTF is bad just wait for the upcoming week of articles on the Dayton/La Marque game.  The Chronicle loves two teams in the Houston area and it's Katy and La Marque.  Sam Kahn and Jenny Dial have been waiting for La Marque to get back into the playoffs and I can only imagine what kind of stomach turning crap they're going to write about La Marque.  Guess we'll see....

Can't be more proud of our boys after yesterday. I was hoping we'd come out focused and really dominate the game after last week and we did just that. Props to our coaches for their preparation this week. We need to stay on this track for the next four.

Kingwood Park wasn't what I really expected, with the exception of a few players. Really didn't seem as talented as what people were saying all this week. What really baffled me was why their fullback? #25 did not run the ball more. He seemed to be a much more effective runner than Smith, who went down on first contact. Did anyone else notice this?

[quote name="7mary3" post="915534" timestamp="1290358792"]
Was Travis at the game yesterday?  IMO how can someone in their right mind make an educated pick if they don't see the team/team's play?  KWP was not even on the same planet as Dayton yesterday.  It was kind of like when I went and watched Lake Travis play, they were just on another level, and that showed yesterday.  Dayton is just a notch above right now.  Barring any disasters Dayton will move on but I expect to see La Marque give Dayton a little fight.  On another note, you guys and gals think DCTF is bad just wait for the upcoming week of articles on the Dayton/La Marque game.  The Chronicle loves two teams in the Houston area and it's Katy and La Marque.  Sam Kahn and Jenny Dial have been waiting for La Marque to get back into the playoffs and I can only imagine what kind of stomach turning crap they're going to write about La Marque.  Guess we'll see....
[/quote]

I agree about Sam Kahn.  That guy is straight garbage.  I wouldn't wipe my backside with an article written by Sam Kahn. 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="915580" timestamp="1290362731"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=76407.msg915534#msg915534 date=1290358792]
[/quote]

I agree about Sam Kahn.  That guy is straight garbage.  I wouldn't wipe my backside with an article written by Sam Kahn. 
[/quote]

isn't Sam Kahn an intern?

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="915596" timestamp="1290363767"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76407.msg915580#msg915580 date=1290362731]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea for about 5 years now!

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="915596" timestamp="1290363767"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76407.msg915580#msg915580 date=1290362731]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he should pursue a career in competitive eating.  He looks to be more suited for that profession, as opposed to an uninformed sports writer. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="915609" timestamp="1290364572"]
I'm here to eat my crow.  I picked KP to beat Dayton but I should never underestimate this team. [b] They have risen to the level they need to be in these playoffs and have exeeded expectations after the slow start.  [/b] And I hope you guys continue to knock down the competition.   8) 8)
[/quote]

Slow start maybe...good competition and they stopped fumbling the ball....it's that simple.  They've been at that level all year....especially on defense.

[quote name="DAY BRONX" post="915577" timestamp="1290362302"]
Can't be more proud of our boys after yesterday. I was hoping we'd come out focused and really dominate the game after last week and we did just that. Props to our coaches for their preparation this week. We need to stay on this track for the next four.

Kingwood Park wasn't what I really expected, with the exception of a few players. Really didn't seem as talented as what people were saying all this week. What really baffled me was why their fullback? #25 did not run the ball more. He seemed to be a much more effective runner than Smith, who went down on first contact. Did anyone else notice this?
[/quote]
#25 didnt have the speed to match the DAY D.  KP came and played tough but could not match-up with DAY on both sides of the ball. By the way welcome to SETEX good first post ;D

[quote name="broncobeast" post="915871" timestamp="1290377765"]
Can somebody tell me what the "Team Joseph" flag was for at the beginning of the game that KP was holding? And also what "TJS" is. I saw the band spell it, and then saw it on KP cars.
[/quote] This is what Team Joseph is

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasjosephstanton/mystory

and the TJS is his initials

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="915609" timestamp="1290364572"]
I'm here to eat my crow.  I picked KP to beat Dayton but I should never underestimate this team.  They have risen to the level they need to be in these playoffs and have exeeded expectations after the slow start.  And I hope you guys continue to knock down the competition.   8) 8)
[/quote]

Dayton came out and took care of the football.  No sloppy play from them, means a Kingwood Park loss.  Kingwood Park is more improved then they have been in past years, but they still are not there. 

Although the score was 49-17, i could of seen how it could of been a little lower had KP not had some major mental lapses.  Those screens that went 60-70 yards should of never happened, poor defensive play by the panthers.

i predicted a 28-21 victory for the broncos, but i really thought the Broncos would come out a little sloppy.  But they have cleaned some things up, and it showed on the scoreboard.  IMO however, they still some work to do in the secondary.  Front 7 look pretty solid. #45 is a hoss.... The defense isn't the fastest around, but they ALL swarm.  And that is a great sign.

I wasn't at the game but listened on the radio. Sounded to me like the Broncos still need to work on the offensive penalties. They stopped themselves on a couple of drives because of this, and last week it cost us a possible touchdown which led to a missed field goal.

And yes, the pass defense is much improved but can still be exploited by a good passing team. On the other hand, the pass rush sounded like it was consistent the whole game.

I still wish they would pass a little more. 14 attempts yesterday. Great receivers, accurate QB, great O line. But hey, it's working the way it is.  8)

[quote name="HUM398" post="915908" timestamp="1290379410"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76407.msg915609#msg915609 date=1290364572]
I'm here to eat my crow.  I picked KP to beat Dayton but I should never underestimate this team.  They have risen to the level they need to be in these playoffs and have exeeded expectations after the slow start.  And I hope you guys continue to knock down the competition.   8) 8)
[/quote]

Dayton came out and took care of the football.  No sloppy play from them, means a Kingwood Park loss.  Kingwood Park is more improved then they have been in past years, but they still are not there. 

Although the score was 49-17, i could of seen how it could of been a little lower had KP not had some major mental lapses.  [b]Those screens that went 60-70 yards should of never happened, poor defensive play by the panthers. [/b]
i predicted a 28-21 victory for the broncos, but i really thought the Broncos would come out a little sloppy.  But they have cleaned some things up, and it showed on the scoreboard.  IMO however, they still some work to do in the secondary.  Front 7 look pretty solid. #45 is a hoss.... The defense isn't the fastest around, but they ALL swarm.  And that is a great sign.
[/quote]
Should have never happened ??? Those screens were set up with "my little pony" bucking all over the field. KP moved their safetys up in the box so after the wr made one man miss it was over with. KP played aggresive D and ran past alot of plays. They have gotten a little better but still look like the same team that was in our district a couple years ago.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What were the issues at Rusk?  SB, Admin, Culture, Pay?  Inquiring minds would like to know.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up From the article: “As a parent, then as a homeowner, if you have some equity in your home, then you can say to your child, you know, ‘don’t take out the loan,’” she said. “‘I’ll take out some of the equity to help you pay for tuition so that you don’t graduate with extraordinary student loan debt, and so that when you graduate, you can do your dream job.’” Essentially, Harris suggested that parents give their kids a leg up in the world by being the ones to take out a loan instead. Except theirs would have much higher stakes than just needing to be paid back — it could mean losing their home. 🤦‍♂️
    • Good luck and safe travels. Bring it home.
    • It has been frustrating seeing the lack of coverage from virtually EVERY media outlet.  We (Chester) are in the SE Texas coverage area.  There are no radio broadcast from our area, and Ch 12 is the only one that has even mentioned it.   I know I could have gotten donations to cover a SETX Sports broadcast.  Oh well, water under the bridge - we aren’t as big as Silsbee, WO-S or PN-G.
    • PJ LOCKE                                DENVER BRONCOS               BMT CENTRAL  GRAYLAND ARNOLD           PITTSBURGH STEELERS        KOUNTZE  ELANDON ROBERTS             PITTSBURGH STEELERS        P.A MEMORIAL  TONY BROWN                   CLEVELAND BROWNS              BMT OZEN  ERIK MCCOY                        NEW ORLEANS SAINTS               LUFKIN  DAN MOORE                    PITTSBURGH STEELERS                BMT WESTBROOK  ROSCHON JOHNSON          CHICAGO BEARS                      PNG    PLAYERS I COULD COME UP WITH IN NFL.  NOT SURE IF ALL ARE STILL WITH CURRENT TEAMS. 
  • Topics