Dayton vs. Kingwood Park Game Thread/Dayton Wins/Comments

Hawkeye

[quote name="octfeb" post="915896" timestamp="1290378650"]
[quote author=broncobeast link=topic=76407.msg915871#msg915871 date=1290377765]
Can somebody tell me what the "Team Joseph" flag was for at the beginning of the game that KP was holding? And also what "TJS" is. I saw the band spell it, and then saw it on KP cars.
[/quote] This is what Team Joseph is

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasjosephstanton/mystory

and the TJS is his initialse
[/quote] Wow, thank you. My prayers go out to him and his family.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="915914" timestamp="1290379974"]
I wasn't at the game but listened on the radio. Sounded to me like the Broncos still need to work on the offensive penalties. They stopped themselves on a couple of drives because of this, and last week it cost us a possible touchdown which led to a missed field goal.

And yes, the pass defense is much improved but can still be exploited by a good passing team. On the other hand, the pass rush sounded like it was consistent the whole game.

I still wish they would pass a little more. 14 attempts yesterday. Great receivers, accurate QB, great O line. But hey, it's working the way it is.  8)
[/quote]
Im with ya Hawkeye but you run the ball until the other team stops it. The run sets up the passing game. Once teams start crowding the box then you open it up. Especially if your playin a high powered offense the best D is to keep the O off the field ;)

[quote name="HUM398" post="915908" timestamp="1290379410"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76407.msg915609#msg915609 date=1290364572]
I'm here to eat my crow.  I picked KP to beat Dayton but I should never underestimate this team.  They have risen to the level they need to be in these playoffs and have exeeded expectations after the slow start.  And I hope you guys continue to knock down the competition.   8) 8)
[/quote]

Dayton came out and took care of the football.  No sloppy play from them, means a Kingwood Park loss.  Kingwood Park is more improved then they have been in past years, but they still are not there. 

Although the score was 49-17, i [b]could of seen how it could of been a little lower had KP not had some major mental lapses[/b].  Those screens that went 60-70 yards should of never happened, poor defensive play by the panthers.

i predicted a 28-21 victory for the broncos, but i really thought the Broncos would come out a little sloppy.  But they have cleaned some things up, and it showed on the scoreboard.  IMO however, they still some work to do in the secondary.  Front 7 look pretty solid. #45 is a hoss.... The defense isn't the fastest around, but they ALL swarm.  And that is a great sign.
[/quote]

Mental lapses or not, this was decidedly one-sided...

Without big plays, these games wouldn't be the exciting events they are.  If we're going to go there, the only two scores for KP were on long pass plays (40+ yards)...if Dayton wouldn't have had mental lapses it would have been 49-3, if we're playing that game

I do agree with you on the secondary comment, we can't give up yards on big plays like that.

[quote name="#5 fever" post="915415" timestamp="1290349518"]
Very well played game by the broncos and Tyrone I agree room for improvement. I have a big toilet flush for dave campbell he has been hating on dayton all year he had kp picked way to go mr expert we have room for anybody to jump on the wagon but not you all your big picks are out in time we will see. Enough about haters how bout that #5 think we need to take more shots deep.

[/quote] There is always room for improvement for the entire team!!!! LET'S support of kids all the way they deserve this time. And you just wait and see what HE is going to turn out to be!!!! LET'S GO BRONCOS PLAY BALL!!!!!

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="915261" timestamp="1290315805"]
Just finished putting the video onto the computer from the camcorder.
I did get Aaron Ripkowski's big hit, but there are players in the way, you can see the helmet flying off.  He actaully took out two Panthers with one block.  Will go through the video tomorrow and might have the highlights up before church tomorrow morning.

GO BRONCOS!
ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!
[/quote]

Is that replay posted anywhere?  I'd love to see that hit again.  Poor kid.

[quote name="mlejeune" post="916143" timestamp="1290393175"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=76407.msg916128#msg916128 date=1290392548]
You can somewhat see the hit....definitely looks like it hurt
[/quote]

Where at? Sorry if I'm missing it.
[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/user/toupsgraphics?feature=mhum#p/u/8/88-875OZgYw

Click on the link above...
I still don't think it was worse than the one in my latest commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/user/toupsgraphics?feature=mhum#p/u/0/_wXy9aqebcE

I guess this is kind of "off topic" but then again, maybe not since it was listed a few pages ago.........BUT! I clicked the link on Joseph Stantons page and have been reading it for hours and will continue til I am up to date on him! What an AMAZING young man and what an AMAZING GODLY family he has! Just kind of puts things in perspective.........he would have loved to have been on the field for Kingwood Park..........I believe he will be in the near future! Check his site out.........it will lift your heart!
GO BRONCOS!

[quote name="7mary3" post="915534" timestamp="1290358792"]
Was Travis at the game yesterday?  IMO how can someone in their right mind make an educated pick if they don't see the team/team's play?  KWP was not even on the same planet as Dayton yesterday.  It was kind of like when I went and watched Lake Travis play, they were just on another level, and that showed yesterday.  Dayton is just a notch above right now.  Barring any disasters Dayton will move on but I expect to see La Marque give Dayton a little fight.  On another note, you guys and gals think DCTF is bad just wait for the upcoming week of articles on the Dayton/La Marque game.  The Chronicle loves two teams in the Houston area and it's Katy and La Marque.  Sam Kahn and Jenny Dial have been waiting for La Marque to get back into the playoffs and I can only imagine what kind of stomach turning crap they're going to write about La Marque.  Guess we'll see....
[/quote]

Like I said...  Blow out, leaving us wondering about the game that could have been.  My prediction was 34-17 Dayton, so I was pretty close.  Congrats to KP on a good season, including the big upset.  Now Dayton, finish the job...  Good Luck!

I think Dayton may very well be a basketball team in football uniforms.  They really are not very good all season and turn it up come playoff time.  Can't deny that.  That being said, Stewart may very well have a bunch of new kids out there he pulled form all the losing teams and nobody knows it...........  ;D ;D

Congrats Dayton.  Go as far as you and the other players from the other 12 teams will take you.......  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="916327" timestamp="1290429276"]
I think Dayton may very well be a basketball team in football uniforms.  They really are not very good all season and turn it up come playoff time.  Can't deny that.  That being said, Stewart may very well have a bunch of new kids out there he pulled form all the losing teams and nobody knows it...........  ;D ;D

Congrats Dayton.  Go as far as you and the other players from the other 12 teams will take you.......  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Is that another one of your jabs or a compliment?  ::)

[/quote]Speaking of basketball..............BH gets another early start this year

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="916329" timestamp="1290429621"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=76407.msg916327#msg916327 date=1290429276]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was a compliment........  ;D ;D ;D  You know I go tot root for my purple yankees to the north.  ;)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="916383" timestamp="1290435885"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76407.msg916329#msg916329 date=1290429621]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=76407.msg916327#msg916327 date=1290429276]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was a compliment........  ;D ;D ;D  You know I go tot root for my purple yankees to the north.   ;)
[/quote]

I did notice some different numbers out on the field making plays.  Maybe all the good athletes stuck in crappy programs start moving to Dayton around Thanksgiving. 

How's this for recruiting in 19-4A:    The Texans are sending their secondary down for the remainder of the season with the expectation that they will finally get some decent coaching from Stewart and staff.  I even heard that Kubiak is spending some time with Gage learning how to throw a temper tantrum.  This way, Kubiak will at least look like he gives a crap when he is standing on the sideline getting his nether regions kicked repeatedly.

[/quote]

I remember a 56-0 game against BH this year, and actually Dayton played horrible that night with all the penalties.  My friend kept having to nudge me awake in the stands because BH couldnt even get a first down.  zzzzzzzzzzzz.  Hope your basketball team is better!

yea yea la marque will come prepared and ready to whoop up dayton ;D.  And if my sources are right dayton did lose to aldine eisnhower and angleton.  Which La marque embarrased aldine in a scrimmage and beat El Campo who defeated angleton by at least 30 points.  So you guys are beatable and yall play in a weak district name a serious contender in that district .  La Marque plays in the toughest district in the state which all teams are still in the playoffs.  And you see what la marque did to all the other district champs they have played  ;).

[quote name="LMMan" post="916906" timestamp="1290477308"]
yea yea la marque will come prepared and ready to whoop up dayton ;D.  And if my sources are right dayton did lose to aldine eisnhower and angleton.  Which La marque embarrased aldine in a scrimmage and beat El Campo who defeated angleton by at least 30 points.  So you guys are beatable and yall play in a weak district name a serious contender in that district .  La Marque plays in the toughest district in the state which all teams are still in the playoffs.  And you see what la marque did to all the other district champs they have played  ;).
[/quote]

welcome to the posting board!  so glad you found your way over here.  we wish you the best of luck and look forward to meeting you all next Saturday!

LaMarque is such a great team, I have to admit we're a little intimidated!  Go easy on us!

be careful driving to the game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833