Kirbyville vs Coldsprings Fri 6:00pm Umphrey Stadium Lamar University!

[quote name="The dude abides" post="917623" timestamp="1290561584"]
Totally agree TDawg.. Predictions are how u see it, and the trojans will win.. gonna be focused, mainly just not scared of Kirbeyville.. no what to expect, played them once and it was a lot closer of a game than the scroe sad.. Coldspring was inside the 25 4 to 5 times and just turned the ball over.. and by the way if you have been at the last 2 games.. alot of points have been put on the board.. 43 and 53 , the d will be strong   GO TROJANS
[/quote]

By the way if you look at the last 2 games...... You will see that Columbus has gave up 239 points and Liberty (please) gave up[b] 413[/b]. I would not read much into those high scoring games.  You probably wont see 50 points either way this go around.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sayin they were the best buy I will say taking care of business is taking care of business.. And it was Bridge City not Liberty but anyways... Their Defense is their strength.. they create some big plays.. I think Coldsprings offense is completely different..First time round, their QB was only a sophmore, first start, against a good team, at home.. pressure.. He has settled down and will be a completely different player. great decision making and athleticism will show he has matured

No way KVille scores 40 something on Coldspring.. Kville off. is very similar to Coldsprings off., I think Ctown's defense will be able to hold them.. They are averaging 11.3 points a game on the season and one of Kirbeyvilles touchdown in the first game was scored of a Coldspring turnover.. in the paper they held them to like 260 yards, dont get your hopes up Kville.. great war ahead

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="917673" timestamp="1290564349"]
Right on dude, how many points has K'ville given up the last 2 playoff games to teams with a combined 13-10 record? 55. CS will score some points too. More than K'ville.
[/quote] Alright dude you played whom ... a Liberty squad that Kirbyville second string could beat and a Columbus team whom defense is not exactly thier strong suit ... we played Brownsboro ... who scored thier points against second teamers (except for the first 7) and LaVega who had scored 42 the previous week against a 9-1 team ... so go ahead and believe what you want ... lets see what ya can do against our defense ...  ;)

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="917764" timestamp="1290567281"]
If Kirbyville's passing game is just as good as Huffman's passing game, (and it's not) then then they will have 1 TD with 3 picks!
[/quote]

The one (of many) differences in Kirbyville and Huffman is that Kirbyville can run the ball effectively.  Say what you want but the run sets up the pass, not vise versa.  Kirbyville's passing game is what has made them more dangerous.  If you crowd the box they will beat you through the air.  No they don't throw it as much as Huffman but it is key in their offensive development.  Besides last time I looked Huffman gave CS all kind of fits and their defense isn't near what Kirbyville's is.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="917673" timestamp="1290564349"]
Right on dude, how many points has K'ville given up the last 2 playoff games to teams with a combined 13-10 record? 55. CS will score some points too. More than K'ville.
[/quote]

I can promise you that there aren't many teams that could contain La Vega's QB and I'd put their D against anyone Kirbyville has played this yr.  BTW, I hope that CS has become more than one dimensional in a week. (Refer to my last post for refrences to the passing game)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83