png fan base slipping?

[quote name="forumfan" post="913212" timestamp="1290205435"]
whats the deal with 1200 tickets left for the png game? they use to sell out much bigger stadiums than this. just saying
[/quote]
Last week there were 1000+ tickets remaining on Friday and the place was sold out by game time.

Well the PA Snooze did not help at all by falsely reporting the game was SOLD OUT earlier in the week!  PNG admin office said there was a steady flow of ticket sales until that article came out.  They did fix the mistake but a little too late maybe.  I'm sure many tickets will be bought at the gate.

Guest bleed orange
Win or lose the PNG fans show up through thick and thin. That has not changed in forever. Nobody and I mean nobody supports a football team like PNG in the golden triangle. Orangefield is the same way also. We support basketball better than PNG does.

Alumni that live in the Houston and surrounding areas will be out in full force once the games move away from the Golden Triangle area.  The fan support is there...  trust me.  8)

[quote name="bleed orange" post="913284" timestamp="1290213341"]
Win or lose the PNG fans show up through thick and thin. That has not changed in forever. Nobody and I mean nobody supports a football team like PNG in the golden triangle. Orangefield is the same way also. We support basketball better than PNG does.
[/quote]

To be fair Nederland travels well too.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="913891" timestamp="1290226126"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=76371.msg913284#msg913284 date=1290213341]
[/quote]

To be fair Nederland travels well too.
[/quote]

Agree....and whats more, if either PNG or Nederland are in the playoffs....fans from BOTH sides come out and support each other!  There'll be a HUGE crowd at the Butch tomorrow to watch PNG take on Willis.  Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="913228" timestamp="1290207134"]
You know what they say...  "winning is the cure for everything"

If PNG makes the regional final and there's no improvement in fan support, i'll be surprised.
[/quote]

They will be there, at least they have a game to go to.......................

I live in Groves and trust me the fan base is not slipping.  Maybe the area support is slipping a little but not the district.  I havent went to any  PNG games lately and trust me game time im the only person left on the block.  Its a ghost town.  Which brings up a good thought!!!!   Anyone for a block party?  I"ll have the neighborhood all to myself tonigt!!!!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="914189" timestamp="1290261552"]
I live in Groves and trust me the fan base is not slipping.  [b]Maybe the area support is slipping a little but not the district[/b].  I havent went to any  PNG games lately and trust me game time im the only person left on the block.  Its a ghost town.  Which brings up a good thought!!!!   Anyone for a block party?  I"ll have the neighborhood all to myself tonigt!!!!
[/quote]

I dont know about that Ryker.  The people in the district dont support as much either.  Its PNG against the World ;D.  At least thats what they think. GO WILLIS

There DEFINITELY was no "slippage" tonite!  PNG fans out in masses!  Will be even more fans next week at Stallworth....all the PNG alumni in the Houston area will be there as well.

I think what irritates me about this thread is, instead of trying to be negative about our area teams in the playoffs, we should be supporting them...not trying to tear them down! Reading through these posts, I doubt very seriously the "negative" ones have EVER been to a PNG game to begin with.  PNG will have the fan support, no matter if they're winning or not.  Invite you all to come to Stallworth and see for yourselves.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami