SETXsports.com HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS - FINAL

WOSgrad

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Eagle11" post="905208" timestamp="1289574426"]
I just came across this thread.......quite entertaining........just a poll with different peoples opinions.......someone needs to make an appointment with their gyno.

[/quote]

LOL!  No.  The crisis is over.  I now understand that no 5a supporters have a vote in the deal.  Not sure why but it explains a lot.

Guest Two-Dogs...
Really Kirbyville should be in the top spot. Especially after the news I heard today. It seems that the Dallas Cowboys have re-organized their schedule and their first game is versus Kirbyville! The Wildcats are favored by 7!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="905308" timestamp="1289580877"]
Really Kirbyville should be in the top spot. Especially after the news I heard today. It seems that the Dallas Cowboys have re-organized their schedule and their first game is versus Kirbyville! The Wildcats are favored by 7!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

For sure dallas would get outcoached.

[quote name="westend1" post="905291" timestamp="1289579396"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=75862.msg905208#msg905208 date=1289574426]
I just came across this thread.......quite entertaining........just a poll with different peoples opinions.......someone needs to make an appointment with their gyno.

[/quote]

LOL!  No.  The crisis is over.  I now understand that no 5a supporters have a vote in the deal.  Not sure why but it explains a lot.
[/quote]
Well, I nominate you Westend1 to be a 5A Representative. ;)

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="905343" timestamp="1289582887"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg905291#msg905291 date=1289579396]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm sure you, Rey would be much more unbiased.            ;)

[quote name="westend1" post="903818" timestamp="1289442287"]
Hahahhahahahah!   Brook blows out Ike.  Ike beats Dayton.  Both wind up 7-3.    C'mon guys.   Find voters who know just a little about football.
[/quote]

So Dayton blew out west orange in a scrimmage game this year come on.

[quote name="westend1" post="905347" timestamp="1289583227"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=75862.msg905343#msg905343 date=1289582887]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg905291#msg905291 date=1289579396]

[/quote]

[/quote] ;)
[/quote]

I'm sure you, Rey would be much more unbiased.             ;)
[/quote]

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="903880" timestamp="1289445600"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg903818#msg903818 date=1289442287]
Hahahhahahahah!   Brook blows out Ike.  Ike beats Dayton.  Both wind up 7-3.    C'mon guys.   Find voters who know just a little about football.
[/quote]

And Dayton is on a 7 game winning streak while the Brook is coming off of a loss.  The voters (WHICH I CHOSE) know plenty about football.

And you wonder why you are getting smited?
[/quote]

Lots of people know football.  Doesn't mean they aren't biased.  We are all biased.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="906822" timestamp="1289663313"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=75862.msg903880#msg903880 date=1289445600]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg903818#msg903818 date=1289442287]
[/quote]

And Dayton is on a 7 game winning streak while the Brook is coming off of a loss.  The voters (WHICH I CHOSE) know plenty about football.

And you wonder why you are getting smited?
[/quote]

Lots of people know football.  Doesn't mean they aren't biased.  We are all biased.
[/quote]

Yeah.  Poor choice of words on my part.  I'm sure they know football.  But as I suspected, they are mostly 3A  and 4a supporters.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="907002" timestamp="1289671409"]
Well, of course folks are going to have bias, that occurs in every poll.  But let me ask this, if you had a poll would you put a team that finished 3rd in its conference or league, would you place that team at the top of your poll?

[/quote]  I guess that depends on the poll.    What are you really polling?  If you ask me who is the best team in the area(who would be favored head-to-head),  I would go with the team that, in my opinion, had the best chance of winning.  That's the way I interpret this "ranking" system.

In other words, if two teams were playing, and you had to bet $1000.  Who would you put it on? 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="westend1" post="907023" timestamp="1289672675"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=75862.msg907002#msg907002 date=1289671409]
Well, of course folks are going to have bias, that occurs in every poll.  But let me ask this, if you had a poll would you put a team that finished 3rd in its conference or league, would you place that team at the top of your poll?

[/quote]  I guess that depends on the poll.    What are you really polling?  If you ask me who is the best team in the area(who would be favored head-to-head),   I would go with the team that, in my opinion, had the best chance of winning.  That's the way I interpret this "ranking" system.

In other words, if two teams were playing, and you had to bet $1000.  Who would you put it on?   
[/quote]

IMO, you cannot go head to head. This is a local poll. West Brook could beat some of the smaller teams even on a down year. I could say, Orangefield should be ahead of Bridge City because we beat them. To be honest I really don't care. Some of you act like this poll is a big deal. ITS A POLL created by individuals in this area. Be thankful these guys take time out of their schedule to get together and even have a poll. It is all in fun, doesn't really mean anything. This is not the AP people. I will say this Kirbyville and WOS may not win but they would give West Brook a run for their money.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="909910" timestamp="1289853779"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg907023#msg907023 date=1289672675]

[/quote]  I guess that depends on the poll.    What are you really polling?  If you ask me who is the best team in the area(who would be favored head-to-head),   I would go with the team that, in my opinion, had the best chance of winning.  That's the way I interpret this "ranking" system.

[/quote]

IMO, you cannot go head to head. This is a local poll. West Brook could beat some of the smaller teams even on a down year. I could say, Orangefield should be ahead of Bridge City because we beat them. To be honest I really don't care. Some of you act like this poll is a big deal. ITS A POLL created by individuals in this area. Be thankful these guys take time out of their schedule to get together and even have a poll. It is all in fun, doesn't really mean anything. This is not the AP people. I will say this Kirbyville and WOS may not win but they would give West Brook a run for their money.
[/quote]Maybe our JV on a down year.... ;D

Starter for starter Kirbyville and WOS could compete with West Brook.  WB might could wear them down because they have 2 and 3 deep before the talent level drops off where as K-Ville and WOS only have 1 or 2 deep at most positions. But to think that WB atheletes are just so much better simply because they are 5A is just foolish.  I would put K-Ville's and WOS's starters up against anyone in the state.  They might not win but I can guarantee you they wouldn't get blown out.

[quote name="K-Kat12" post="910162" timestamp="1289870299"]
Starter for starter Kirbyville and WOS could compete with West Brook.  WB might could wear them down because they have 2 and 3 deep before the talent level drops off where as K-Ville and WOS only have 1 or 2 deep at most positions. But to think that WB atheletes are just so much better simply because they are 5A is just foolish.  I would put K-Ville's and WOS's starters up against anyone in the state.  They might not win but I can guarantee you they wouldn't get blown out.
[/quote]
We really don't play 2's and 3's during a game...unless we're up by 30...

regardless, K'ville has a good team... 8)

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="910115" timestamp="1289867807"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75862.msg909910#msg909910 date=1289853779]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is just wrong and you know it Sarg. ;D ;D West Brook is not all that. When West Brook has a successful program in football like WOS then you can talk. That will never happen in my life time. ;D ;D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="910236" timestamp="1289873787"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=75862.msg910115#msg910115 date=1289867807]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75862.msg909910#msg909910 date=1289853779]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is just wrong and you know it Sarg. ;D ;D West Brook is not all that. When West Brook has a successful program in football like WOS then you can talk. That will never happen in my life time. ;D ;D
[/quote] ;)

Guest bleed orange
I have seen the lean years with West Brook. There was not 1000 fans in the stands. Yes, you guys are doing good right now and I am happy for you guys but I saw the lean years and it was not pretty. Remember where you came from. When your kids are gone West Brook will be a memory.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="910249" timestamp="1289874487"]
I have seen the lean years with West Brook. There was not 1000 fans in the stands. Yes, you guys are doing good right now and I am happy for you guys but I saw the lean years and it was not pretty. Remember where you came from. When your kids are gone West Brook will be a memory.
[/quote]
well hopefully we pollute Beaumont with a bunch of generations of Reyes's... :P

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="910275" timestamp="1289875431"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75862.msg910249#msg910249 date=1289874487]
[/quote]
well hopefully we pollute Beaumont with a bunch of generations of Reyes's... :P
[/quote]

I hope not anytime soon and I know you don't also. :) :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What were the issues at Rusk?  SB, Admin, Culture, Pay?  Inquiring minds would like to know.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up From the article: “As a parent, then as a homeowner, if you have some equity in your home, then you can say to your child, you know, ‘don’t take out the loan,’” she said. “‘I’ll take out some of the equity to help you pay for tuition so that you don’t graduate with extraordinary student loan debt, and so that when you graduate, you can do your dream job.’” Essentially, Harris suggested that parents give their kids a leg up in the world by being the ones to take out a loan instead. Except theirs would have much higher stakes than just needing to be paid back — it could mean losing their home. 🤦‍♂️
    • Good luck and safe travels. Bring it home.
    • It has been frustrating seeing the lack of coverage from virtually EVERY media outlet.  We (Chester) are in the SE Texas coverage area.  There are no radio broadcast from our area, and Ch 12 is the only one that has even mentioned it.   I know I could have gotten donations to cover a SETX Sports broadcast.  Oh well, water under the bridge - we aren’t as big as Silsbee, WO-S or PN-G.
    • PJ LOCKE                                DENVER BRONCOS               BMT CENTRAL  GRAYLAND ARNOLD           PITTSBURGH STEELERS        KOUNTZE  ELANDON ROBERTS             PITTSBURGH STEELERS        P.A MEMORIAL  TONY BROWN                   CLEVELAND BROWNS              BMT OZEN  ERIK MCCOY                        NEW ORLEANS SAINTS               LUFKIN  DAN MOORE                    PITTSBURGH STEELERS                BMT WESTBROOK  ROSCHON JOHNSON          CHICAGO BEARS                      PNG    PLAYERS I COULD COME UP WITH IN NFL.  NOT SURE IF ALL ARE STILL WITH CURRENT TEAMS. 
  • Topics