Good measuring stick game

hipster

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="899473" timestamp="1289075145"]
From what I saw the teams looked about equal. 
[/quote]

I agree with you regarding this game. A couple of plays here and there and Lamar wins this game. Can't keep losing the special teams battle and have a below average running game which has yet to score and win these close games.

[quote name="bigred360" post="899542" timestamp="1289078709"]
[quote author=Texantagonise link=topic=75594.msg899473#msg899473 date=1289075145]
From what I saw the teams looked about equal. 
[/quote]

I agree with you regarding this game. A couple of plays here and there and Lamar wins this game. Can't keep losing the special teams battle and have a below average running game which has yet to score and win these close games.

[/quote]

Our defense played another great game.  Our offensive scheme is horrible.  I think Prewitt is showing he CAN play.  Thank god they actually let him throw the ball a little.  I thought we ran the ball fairly well?  How many rushing yards did we end up with?

After scoring only 19 points total the last 5 games it was nice seeing the offense scoring again.  Even though Georgia State has a better record than Lamar, they've played an easier schedule and they are about even with Lamar.  Prewitt is the 3rd string quarterback, and a walk-on freshman to boot, so scoring 17 points and almost winning on the road is a step in the right direction.

[quote name="coachacola" post="900200" timestamp="1289103441"]
After scoring only 19 points total the last 5 games it was nice seeing the offense scoring again.  Even though Georgia State has a better record than Lamar, they've played an easier schedule and they are about even with Lamar.  Prewitt is the 3rd string quarterback, and a walk-on freshman to boot, so scoring 17 points and almost winning on the road is a step in the right direction.
[/quote]

Well, in all honesty, the defense scored one of them, so the offense really only got 10 points. But like you said, they were clicking for most of the game. I did hear one thing that sounded deadly. I want to say it was during the 3rd Quarter, the broadcasters were saying that Prewitt just "threw one up for J.J." and all I could think about was "No, no, please don't be like Bevil."

I was at the first game at McNeese and I am just baffled at how the cards have digressed.  I don't buy the "game film" explanation for how far we have gone backwards in our performance.  If this team would have played at the level they played in Lake Charles, 6 wins should have been a lock with 7 a good possibillty IMHO.  I think from a fan perspective, it would have been better to have lost that game big if we were going to perform as poorly the rest of the season than to raise expectations to a phenomenal level that the McNeese game did only to witness the poor play the rest of the season.  Even you SHSU fans were right on board with the LU fans thinking that this would be a breakout season for the Cards, openly expressing concern that LU would win the game against the Bearkats.  I surely don't have the answer to the many questions that we all have.  I'm hoping that Woodard & Co can get things sorted out with the schemes and personell over the next two seasons.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="901267" timestamp="1289185171"]
I was at the first game at McNeese and I am just baffled at how the cards have digressed.  I don't buy the "game film" explanation for how far we have gone backwards in our performance.  If this team would have played at the level they played in Lake Charles, 6 wins should have been a lock with 7 a good possibillty IMHO.  I think from a fan perspective, it would have been better to have lost that game big if we were going to perform as poorly the rest of the season than to raise expectations to a phenomenal level that the McNeese game did only to witness the poor play the rest of the season.  [b]Even you SHSU fans were right on board with the LU fans thinking that this would be a breakout season for the Cards, openly expressing concern that LU would win the game against the Bearkats.[/b]  I surely don't have the answer to the many questions that we all have.  I'm hoping that Woodard & Co can get things sorted out with the schemes and personell over the next two seasons.
[/quote]

And that fear came straight from the near upset of McNeese, followed by the victory against SELA. At the beginning, Lamar looked like a real threat to win a lot of games.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="901340" timestamp="1289188067"]
Would you rather walk into the unknown or have film to watch?  Film means something.
[/quote]

Film means everything. We played a team in high school out of Houston that was "the prison school," I can't think of the name of them, but that was the toughest game we played all year, and they only had 14 players on their team. We watched game film on them, but they had different players week to week because they had to get good behavior in order to play. They ran certain plays based on who was in the lineup. We had to prepare for certain players and hope that they got to play that week.

We only won 14-0 because it took us till the second half to figure out what they were running. They had 14 pure athletes though, and I was shocked that they were able to play both sides of the ball and not pass out at the end of the game.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="901267" timestamp="1289185171"]
I was at the first game at McNeese and I am just baffled at how the cards have digressed.  I don't buy the "game film" explanation for how far we have gone backwards in our performance.  If this team would have played at the level they played in Lake Charles, 6 wins should have been a lock with 7 a good possibillty IMHO.  I think from a fan perspective, it would have been better to have lost that game big if we were going to perform as poorly the rest of the season than to raise expectations to a phenomenal level that the McNeese game did only to witness the poor play the rest of the season.  [b]Even you SHSU fans were right on board with the LU fans thinking that this would be a breakout season for the Cards, openly expressing concern that LU would win the game against the Bearkats.[/b]  I surely don't have the answer to the many questions that we all have.  I'm hoping that Woodard & Co can get things sorted out with the schemes and personell over the next two seasons.
[/quote]

I think that "fear" came from a couple of things. The first being the way LU played ot start the season. Good game against McNeese, Beat a nobody and then a great road win against SELA. The second factor was how Sam played int heir first two games before giving the QB reigns to the freshman and establishing the running game with Flanders. I will be honest with you, I was concerned about the game as a SHSU fan, but after the Gardner Webb game for Sam and the SFA game for LU, I was pretty confident that Sam would win pretty easily.

There was NO WAY I was going to go out and talk mess about the game though. Lamar had played well and Sam had only one good performance at the time. I figured with the game being at home for LU it was going to be a hard fought battle. Thankfully for me as a Bearkat, it wasn't. But that is no reason to think that Lamar isn't going to get where all the fans want to be. A little patience and some time to continue recruiting and I think LU will be fine.

Recruitting needs, just my opinion.  O and D Line depth and a heavy weight running back.  Too many linemen out with injuries and the games we should have competed better in the other teams main running back was probably 5" taller and 35 pounds heavier than our running backs..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics