who is the best qb in 204a?

[quote name="desethion" post="894674" timestamp="1288714176"]
district mvp: damon heard
off. mvp: hunters gonzales
def. mvp:  kewon #95 central
newcomer: robert mitchell- usually goes to a soph or freshman

1st team: david green ; doty. just like last year it was hughes and doty 1st team.
[/quote]

Looks good to me except I would pit Schexneider up for Defensive MVP. Since the move to MLB, 3 ints, 1 for TD, 1 to stop a TD returned 50 yards, 3 forced fumbles, 4 sacks and a bunch of tackles.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greens completion % would be a whole lot better if his recievers could catch.  In the game against the Pirates his recievers must have mistaken the stick em spray can for WD-40.  I dont know how many passes they dropped.  He has a great arm too.  If what happened in our game has been happening all year then his completion % is taking a hit.  He is special

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="894688" timestamp="1288715304"]
Greens completion % would be a whole lot better if his recievers could catch.  In the game against the Pirates his recievers must have mistaken the stick em spray can for WD-40.  I dont know how many passes they dropped.  He has a great arm too.  If what happened in our game has been happening all year then his completion % is taking a hit.  He is special

[/quote]
Green threw the ball 60 yards in the air down field on the run against us!!!
That's when the game got interesting. Before that looked like it would be a blowout.

Green is a lot like Merka at Crosby. If either QB had more help, their numbers would really inflate. Plus, Green is a Soph and we should see good things from him in the next couple of years. It is very hard to argue against Doty, Gonzales or Heard, and you can almost make a case for any other QB in 20-4A. Since this is not a scientific poll, and I'm a homer, I'll go with Doty!  ;D

[quote name="shovelhead" post="894704" timestamp="1288716583"]
Green is a lot like Merka at Crosby. If either QB had more help, their numbers would really inflate. Plus, Green is a Soph and we should see good things from him in the next couple of years. It is very hard to argue against Doty, Gonzales or Heard, and you can almost make a case for any other QB in 20-4A. Since this is not a scientific poll, and I'm a homer, I'll go with Doty!  ;D
[/quote]Green is a Jr.

Ok I'll make my case for Lumberton's QB, Hughes  1) He didn't throw the number of passes Doty, Gonzales or Green did and consequently doesn't have the statistics they have.  That's the Lumberton offense and there's nothing he could do about that  2) He doesn't have the offensive line and the protection the others have and his statistics were obtained while running for his life.  3) He lost all of his starting receivers from last year. 4) Lumberton is the smallest team in the district.  With those negatives, he's been a very accurate passer even though his receivers dropped a lot of passes.  His passing yards are good considering the low number of attempts.  He has a strong arm and can throw the ball deep with accuracy and touch.  He's a very strong runner.  He stays in the pocket well and has taken many hits after delivering completed passes.  He's proven he can take a hit.  He's a smart QB that all the players respect.  He does everything the coaches wanted him to do.  He was the newcomer of the year in 2008 and 1st Team All District with Doty in 2009.  He gained arm strength and speed from last year and is one of Lumberton's best QBs ever.  You can't ignore the statistics, but you have to consider the whole picture.  That's exactly how the colleges are evaluating him.

[quote name="Domination Station" post="895032" timestamp="1288734686"]
Ok I'll make my case for Lumberton's QB, Hughes  1) He didn't throw the number of passes Doty, Gonzales or Green did and consequently doesn't have the statistics they have.  That's the Lumberton offense and there's nothing he could do about that  2) He doesn't have the offensive line and the protection the others have and his statistics were obtained while running for his life.  3) He lost all of his starting receivers from last year. 4) Lumberton is the smallest team in the district.  With those negatives, he's been a very accurate passer even though his receivers dropped a lot of passes.  His passing yards are good considering the low number of attempts.  He has a strong arm and can throw the ball deep with accuracy and touch.  He's a very strong runner.  He stays in the pocket well and has taken many hits after delivering completed passes.  He's proven he can take a hit.  He's a smart QB that all the players respect.  He does everything the coaches wanted him to do.  He was the newcomer of the year in 2008 and 1st Team All District with Doty in 2009.  He gained arm strength and speed from last year and is one of Lumberton's best QBs ever.  You can't ignore the statistics, but you have to consider the whole picture.  That's exactly how the colleges are evaluating him.
[/quote]

What colleges?  Good HS QB, but he will not play QB in college! Doesn't have the arm. I have only seen 3 QB's in 20-4A that have the arm and height to play QB in college. Green, Doty and Forney (Mitchell will develop as he is still growing).

As a matter of fact I thought the JV QB last year at Lumberton was a better passer than Hughes, just not as good an overall athlete.

[quote name="badndn" post="895587" timestamp="1288804851"]
[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=75383.msg895032#msg895032 date=1288734686]
Ok I'll make my case for Lumberton's QB, Hughes  1) He didn't throw the number of passes Doty, Gonzales or Green did and consequently doesn't have the statistics they have.  That's the Lumberton offense and there's nothing he could do about that  2) He doesn't have the offensive line and the protection the others have and his statistics were obtained while running for his life.  3) He lost all of his starting receivers from last year. 4) Lumberton is the smallest team in the district.  With those negatives, he's been a very accurate passer even though his receivers dropped a lot of passes.  His passing yards are good considering the low number of attempts.  He has a strong arm and can throw the ball deep with accuracy and touch.  He's a very strong runner.  He stays in the pocket well and has taken many hits after delivering completed passes.  He's proven he can take a hit.  He's a smart QB that all the players respect.  He does everything the coaches wanted him to do.  He was the newcomer of the year in 2008 and 1st Team All District with Doty in 2009.  He gained arm strength and speed from last year and is one of Lumberton's best QBs ever.  You can't ignore the statistics, but you have to consider the whole picture.  That's exactly how the colleges are evaluating him.
[/quote]

What colleges?  Good HS QB, but he will not play QB in college! Doesn't have the arm. I have only seen 3 QB's in 20-4A that have the arm and height to play QB in college. Green, Doty and Forney (Mitchell will develop as he is still growing).

As a matter of fact I thought the JV QB last year at Lumberton was a better passer than Hughes, just not as good an overall athlete.
[/quote]
You can have a strong arm and not be accurate, you can be tall and not have a quick enough release and slow feet...If Hughes was 5'5", then I may agree with this statement of not having the height...let me explain:

If you have a high release, height should not matter(5'9" would be MY minimum)....If you have quick feet and a slow ball, your quick feet make up time for lack of velocity on the ball...If you have velocity and slow feet, THE BALL WILL GET TO THE TARGET AT THE SAME TIME as the "quick feet slow ball" QB...

Give me and accurate QB with any of these combinations and he can play at the next level, IF he is successful at the HIGH SCHOOL level.

Doty, Gonzales, Mitchell and Hughes are all talented QB's and deserve recognition in their own way. However,Q.B. David Green for Ozen has performed exceptionally well under the circumstances 1-9.

Therefore, he's my choice for the best QB in 20 4-A. Any team in this district headed to post season play would love to have a David Green at the helm. IMO !

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="894510" timestamp="1288705539"]
Here's another question....Who cares? All these "who is the best" threads turn into a homer contest and end up with people talking crap on a kid or talking crap on a school. All 3 have had great seasons and Mitchell is going to be something else these next two years. It is going to be a tough vote for the coaches when voting for All-District this year. I find it hilarious that people act with shock that someone would pick one over another that doesn't line up with their opinion.
[/quote]

THANK YOU!

i agree with you about loving to have a david green on your team, but the teams that have made it do have quality qb on their teams. we/ they just hope not to play a team with a david green type kid. to comment on the hughes thing i agree he is a natural leader and it is unfair that he doesnt have the supporting cast that some of the other have. cause if you put him and david green with central defense and their offenses then they both would be in the playoffs.

[quote name="badndn" post="895587" timestamp="1288804851"]
[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=75383.msg895032#msg895032 date=1288734686]
[/quote]

[/quote]

These colleges...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/theoldcoach/football/recruiting/player-Ryan-Hughes-115989

I've read all of the posts in this thread and I'll put my two cents in now.

The poster for Livingston's QB:  I was at the LCM/ LIV game through all 3 OTs.  LIV through 4 passes. 0 complete EXCEPT the INT.  The kid is one HELLUVA runner and a VERY GOOD CB but QB's are traditionally rated by their passing so that is why he is not in the running here.

Green from Ozen:  A QB is only as good as his receiver corps and his O line.  If Green were QB for PNG or LCM?  WOW!  BUT... He isnt at LCM or PNG. He is at 0-9 Ozen.

Doty has amazing receivers and an amazing O line so he puts up big numbers. I think he will only get better.

The kid from Central has done a very good job this year but I wasnt overly impressed in his game vs LCM. YES, they won but it was LCMs mistakes that won that game.

Gonzales... Kid is UNREAL.  Great receivers including his runningbacks.  The kid is the toughest I've ever seen.  Had the trainer brace him up between series' and took the Bears to the W in OT while hopping on one leg vs LIV.  He runs well too.

Ned QB we will see about Friday.  I havent seen him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    haha369
    Newest Member
    haha369