Good game....22-3a district Champ

mwm4795

Last night was one of the best games I have ever watched. Both teams (huffman and Coldsprings) played with heart the etire game down to the last second and I wish them both sucsess in the Playoffs.
#65 on coldsprings is one of the bigest boys I have ever seen and as I am sure his mom feeds him blonds for breakfast, you would think they recruted him from a collage team.
Refs did not cause anyone to win or loose but I assure you if these are the full time refs I say let the strike begain as it was the worst I have ever seen. Flags being thrown touch downs called back and as they are hashing it out letting the clock comtinue to run. This happened three times and only one was it corrected and that was only after fans on both side raised hell.

The Coldspring/ Huffman game was great. It was the best game of the season for both teams. I really thought Huffman was going to pull it off with the energy they came out with in the 2nd half. Coach Morrision For coldspring did the right thing pulling The Sikes kid out after seeing that Huffman had found the weekest spot In Coldsprings D. The reffs was horriable. 6 personal foul penelties in the first half, and the missed a hole lot of false start calls, but they went both was on that. Overall a great game.

The huffman boys fought till the end, despite the fact that the officials were CLEARLY against them. Every time they got on a roll, it was shut down, but they didn't let that stop them and that shows what a good team they are. You can say the game was fair all you want, but anyone in that stadium knows that's crap. But both teams came out there and played their hardest and showed that they deserve to be the top two in district. It's unfortunate that Huffman wasn't given a fair shot-- I would have liked to seen a fair game played.

stop whining mj, HUFFMAN LOST IN A FAIR GAME, equal amount of penalties were given to both teams. If anything the refs "turned their heads" from the shoving and jabs huffman players were giving to coldspring players AFTER the whistle had blown, but they sure did see coldspring players retaliating after the fact. So just stop being such a butch.

I didnt see the game, nor have I watched either team play this year. But, I can say with much confidence that Coldspring, as long as I played against them..in any sport..is very..."physical" after the whistle. I remember a scrimmage that I got kicked out of because of a fight that broke out between our teams. They always played us kinda dirty...But, a win is a win in my book. I hope they represent our district well in the first round and get the W

Hush, you deserve this week's C'MON MAN. If u are a coldspring fan, stand up for them. Every huffman fan on here is complaining about the refs, saying that in a "Fair" game they could've won, so please don't side with them. Also I was on the sideline, so you could say I had a pretty good vantage point to see what was going on.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="chs11" post="893115" timestamp="1288563645"]
Hush, you deserve this week's C'MON MAN. If u are a coldspring fan, stand up for them. Every huffman fan on here is complaining about the refs, saying that in a "Fair" game they could've won, so please don't side with them. Also I was on the sideline, so you could say I had a pretty good vantage point to see what was going on.
[/quote]

Be careful how you use the word "every Huffman Fan"........... CS won the game and congrads to a great year. Hopefully our district will do well in the upcoming playoffs.

Some of you do not get the big picture. Although Huffman had plenty of chances to handle their own business, they had two instances where they did just that. The early 4th and goal at the one was not a TD. On top of that at the end of the game there was a clear strip and score by Huffman's defense that was blown dead for no logical reason. That is a 14 point swing! The penalty yards are irrelevant. Who cares if they were equal? Penalties are not the officials only jobs.

Take away those and it could be different. Huffman had plenty of chances to make up for those blown calls. Close games come down to running the football, turnovers & field position. Huffman lost in all three of these phases. These were two very good, well coached football teams. Best of luck to both in the playoffs and watch 22-3A take 2 out of 3 from 21-3A again this year.

Please don't lump all of us in to one group. Regaurdles of how good or bad the refs where I have never seen a game where the refs were the sole cause of a team's win or loss. I wasent at the game but from I hear it was Huffman mistakes like dropped passes and such that caused this loss. It was a great game and Huffman's D suprised people including me. Congrats on the win and probable district championshipa, and good luck the rest of the way.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="playa" post="893444" timestamp="1288611988"]
Man, it appears that Huffman has became the new BH of the District.  Whine and make excuses when you lose.  How about you just lost.
[/quote]

Coming from you I am not sure that we really care about your opinion of Huffman. Crawl back in your cave until spring.

First of all I am not from Coldspring or Huffman
Second, Stuckybowl - WOW - why would you call out the QB from Huffman, so he finally had a game where he throws a few picks, when you put the ball in the air as much as Huffman does that is going to happen sooner or later. I think the problem is that Huffman's QB is by far the best in this distric, Man just give to kid his due, he is good so don't come on here and try to take anything away from what this kid has done all year, Since when is throwing for 200 yards in a High school game not a good night?
Third - Stuckybowl - please show a little class, you want to know why other schools don't root for Coldspring in the playoffs, cause instead of knowing you have a good team and being classy you have people just opening their mouth and saying stupid things. Please don't call out a high school kid on a public forum.

I heard it was a good game by both teams and good luck to both in the playoffs.

Great first round tune up for both teams..... Hopefully, 22-3A will be represented well in the playoffs.

Good Luck to both teams....Barbay is a good coach and runs a good program!

Playa, I think it is still up in the air in that district with WOS, Silsbee, and BC.... Might not be final until the end of the week.

Stuckybowl, if you would like to discuss the Huffman QB, I have no problem meeting with you. Please leave the name calling and insults to the less educated. Thanks.....

Stuckybowl, do you feel good calling out a high school qb.  I am pretty sure almost any team would take Huffman's qb.  According to max preps he has thrown 33 TD's and 6 INT's on 312 att.  That is about 1 INT in about 50 att.  You would be crazy not to take him.

I wasn't complaining. Just simply stating my opinion and complimenting the Huffman boys on their determination. I also was sure to say that both teams deserved to be in the final two and that either one was deserving of the district title. It was a well fought game and I do not believe that any of the players from either team deserve to be called out or blamed for the loss. Everyone went out on the field and gave it their all. Period.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23