Finally Football Weather!

Well not everyone will like the weather turning cooler (some might say cold, but they just don't know cold!) but everyone has to like the opportunity to bundle up at a game and enjoy a game where at the end you don;t feel like you need a shower worse than the guys who were out on the field.

Bands in their uniforms like the cooler weather since the companies that make those things believe that every band in America comes from schools that are located north of Oklahoma City. Cheerleaders get to break out their cool weather gear and of course it matches all the other items in their uniform line so they are still as school spirited as ever. The coaches get to put on their jackets for the game and even the players help out the economy as the shelves at Academy will be picked clean as players by new long sleve Under Armour shirts.

See this  will be a great thing in so many ways. Concession stands will have hot coffee and hot chocolate to go along with all the other items that are for sale and those make the boosters much more money than the soft drinks. All the groups selling raffle tickets for hunting riffles will sell lots of tickets as the hunters get the itch of the changing weather. Even companies that do specialty items for teams will get a boost as people will need to trade in those short sleved shirts for long sleved and of course they must bear the team name and the number of their player, band member or whoever else they have involved.

How would have ever thought that the cure for the area's economy just might be tided to the tempature dropping just a few degrees!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!  I love to go to a High School Football game, wear my purple hoodie, get some hot chocolate and nachos (w/peppers of course!!) and enjoy the sights and sounds of Friday Nights.  Too bad it's the last game for us to play in the cool.  Hooray for fall weather, football and deer hunting!!  :D

Go 'Jackets!

[quote name="fbmom" post="889527" timestamp="1288276604"]
It's the most wonderful time of the year!  I love to go to a High School Football game, wear my purple hoodie, get some hot chocolate and nachos (w/peppers of course!!) and enjoy the sights and sounds of Friday Nights.  Too bad it's the last game for us to play in the cool.  Hooray for fall weather, football and deer hunting!!   :D

Go 'Jackets!
[/quote]

Good post, it will be perfect.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="889511" timestamp="1288275463"]
(some might say cold, but they just don't know cold!)
[/quote]

Man you are right about that! People here whine if it gets below 50 or 60 degrees! I spent one full January day outside in Colorado, at high elevation 8500 ft. It was 5 degrees and winds were a constant 40 mph!  :o

[quote name="D3zii" post="894154" timestamp="1288657610"]
I just hope it stays cold..But yea, that Friendswood game, was really cold..So was the North Forest game that year,,
But the coldest game I remeber, was when Ozen played Livingston in the playoffs, at Cardinal Stadium..it was so cold at that game..
[/quote]was that the game where Ward (FS for Ozen) was a Senior?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder