rushthecourt.net ranks all 345 D1 basketball teams

It's time for rushthecourt.net's annual countdown of all 345 D1 basketball teams, from worst to best.  Alcorn State has the distinction of being # 345.  And of course the SLC already has some teams on the list along with a few of Lamar's opponents this year.

#318 UT Pan Am - UTPA brings back most everyone from a 6-win team, but the Broncs showed promise w/ a defense better than most in GWC.  (Lamar plays UTPA Nov 23rd)

#302 C. Arkansas - New coach Corliss Williamson has his hands full getting the Bears competitive again, but he returns seven lettermen.

#299 Northwestern St - Losing two starters will make much improvement tough; Seniors D Baker, D Knight and W Pratt will need to step up.

#286 McNeese St - With top 3 players returning, coach D Simmons hopes JuCo transfer M Konate adds the spark Cowboys need to compete.

Shouldn't that be 7 wins for Lamar right there?

Follow along here (it's updated every hour): http://twitter.com/rushthecourt

[quote name="coachacola" post="889482" timestamp="1288273268"]
It's time for rushthecourt.net's annual countdown of all 345 D1 basketball teams, from worst to best.  Alcorn State has the distinction of being # 345.  And of course the SLC already has some teams on the list along with a few of Lamar's opponents this year.

#318 UT Pan Am - UTPA brings back most everyone from a 6-win team, but the Broncs showed promise w/ a defense better than most in GWC.  (Lamar plays UTPA Nov 23rd)

#302 C. Arkansas - New coach Corliss Williamson has his hands full getting the Bears competitive again, but he returns seven lettermen.

#299 Northwestern St - Losing two starters will make much improvement tough; Seniors D Baker, D Knight and W Pratt will need to step up.

#286 McNeese St - With top 3 players returning, coach D Simmons hopes JuCo transfer M Konate adds the spark Cowboys need to compete.

Shouldn't that be 7 wins for Lamar right there?

Follow along here (it's updated every hour): http://twitter.com/rushthecourt
[/quote]

Not necessarily.  Where is Lamar?  344?

[quote name="JJWooten" post="890272" timestamp="1288371626"]
I would almost put money on it that they say something about a Top 10 recruiting class.
[/quote]

Top 10, most talented ever, super exciting, best sense sliced bread, every player was recruited by Duke and North Carolina, blah blah blah...get our butts kicked by SHSU and SFA again; finish below .500, and start talking about how good we will be next year.

I wonder if Pat Foster is still alive?  Bring back Pat!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="890379" timestamp="1288382090"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=75142.msg890272#msg890272 date=1288371626]
I would almost put money on it that they say something about a Top 10 recruiting class.
[/quote]
[b]
Top 10, most talented ever, super exciting, best sense sliced bread, every player was recruited by Duke and North Carolina, blah blah blah...get our butts kicked by SHSU and SFA again; finish below .500, and start talking about how good we will be next year.[/b]

[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="coachacola" post="890426" timestamp="1288386652"]
Another eastern division team makes the list:

#246 Nicholls St - A Bose (21/6/2) and F Hunter (14/5) return to a team that almost beat Sam Houston St to go to Big Dance.
[/quote]

Only because Anatoly is a beast. Without him, Nicholls is the garbage team of the SLC. I actually feel bad for Bose being on that team. Had he been on just about ANY other team, he would be contending for a ring.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="890272" timestamp="1288371626"]
[/quote]

You win the prize!

#243 Lamar - Backcourt trio A Miles, K Harris and C Harper and top-10 recruiting class should make the Cardinals dangerous this season.

[quote name="coachacola" post="890579" timestamp="1288398230"]
[/quote]

You win the prize!

#243 Lamar - Backcourt trio A Miles, K Harris and C Harper and top-10 recruiting class should make the Cardinals dangerous this season.
[/quote]

I'm not really surprised. It seems as though they just take whatever the SID is putting out. I don't know how dangerous a team can be at the 243 position?

Two more opponents just ahead of Lamar:

#232 Rice - The Owls bring back their top 4 scorers and stud incoming center O. Oraby should be fun to watch. Still got a long way to go.

#229 UT-San Antonio - With only 1 starter returning and 11 newcomers the Roadrunners will be a very inexperienced team behind sr D Gibson.

There's hardly ever any dominate team in the SLC so it just takes the right team to get hot at the end of the season and they can make the big dance.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="890379" timestamp="1288382090"]
[/quote]

Top 10, most talented ever, super exciting, best sense sliced bread, every player was recruited by Duke and North Carolina, blah blah blah...get our butts kicked by SHSU and SFA again; finish below .500, and start talking about how good we will be next year.

[/quote]

Roc has got to go

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics