Sabine Pass @ High Island

apiolar

Oh no dont look now Mom but someone SMITED you and It wasnt me :o And I realy dont need the attention I get enough all by myself, thanks thoe. Just looking forward to you guys coming here next week. Make sure a tell Ms Kathy to come ,and that her kin in Evadale will be looking for her there. ;D

They probably should have left it at two teams per district making the playoffs.  Then you get the best teams. But it also wansn't fair that HI and SP had to play schools with twice their enrollment every year.  This is more fair just needs a few tweeks.  Hey Roger whats up.  Hope High Island wins big this weekend.

[quote name="eaba26" post="888747" timestamp="1288190850"]
They probably should have left it at two teams per district making the playoffs.  Then you get the best teams. But it also wansn't fair that HI and SP had to play schools with twice their enrollment every year.  This is more fair just needs a few tweeks.  Hey Roger whats up.  Hope High Island wins big this weekend.
[/quote]

You know what....every year teams all over the state play and have to play schools with bigger enrollments.  Fair doesn't have anything to do with it.  If you don't like it transfer your kid to a different school.  Or play 6 man.  Or don't play football at all.  I've seen many times teams playing with 1 or 2 kids on the sidelines.  I've even been involved in a few of those games as a young man. And we were a 3A school.  So you have no idea what's it like to play out numbered until you play a 3A schedule with 14 kids.

[quote name="knows2much" post="888755" timestamp="1288191492"]
[quote author=eaba26 link=topic=75059.msg888747#msg888747 date=1288190850]
[/quote]

You know what....every year teams all over the state play and have to play schools with bigger enrollments.  Fair doesn't have anything to do with it.  If you don't like it transfer your kid to a different school.  Or play 6 man.  Or don't play football at all.  I've seen many times teams playing with 1 or 2 kids on the sidelines.  I've even been involved in a few of those games as a young man. And we were a 3A school.  So you have no idea what's it like to play out numbered until you play a 3A schedule with 14 kids.
[/quote]I kinda think 2 teams making the playoffs would be better if Div I and Div II continues.  My junior year we played our district schedule with only 12 players and we were 2A.  So yeah, it was tough.  But we dang sure didn't deserve to go the playoffs simply because we were a good bunch of kids that played their butts off!  No, we barely got through it and hoped for better days to come and they did.  Not for us but for future teams that wore our uniform.  This many 1A and 2A teams making the playoffs is just too "feel good" to me.  BUT, it's the system we have so we play and back our teams...

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="889014" timestamp="1288211500"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=75059.msg888755#msg888755 date=1288191492]
[/quote]

[/quote]I kinda think 2 teams making the playoffs would be better if Div I and Div II continues.  My junior year we played our district schedule with only 12 players and we were 2A.  So yeah, it was tough.  But we dang sure didn't deserve to go the playoffs simply because we were a good bunch of kids that played their butts off!  No, we barely got through it and hoped for better days to come and they did.  Not for us but for future teams that wore our uniform.  This many 1A and 2A teams making the playoffs is just too "feel good" to me.  BUT, it's the system we have so we play and back our teams...
[/quote]

Extra money for the schools. 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="889022" timestamp="1288211741"]
[quote author=BIGMO44 link=topic=75059.msg889014#msg889014 date=1288211500]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=75059.msg888755#msg888755 date=1288191492]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Extra money for the schools. 
[/quote]

Great comment Bigmo.

Smoking baby,  :D  whatcha doing down here with us small people! LOL

[quote name="apiolar" post="890168" timestamp="1288363166"]
hows your son doing HI Mom, is he gonna be able to play any games for the rest of the season?
[/quote]

He is doing great. Thank you very much for asking.
He will not be back for football, but should be back for track and baseball.
We look forward to seeing ya'll this evening. Have a safe trip.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124