19-4A Playoff spots

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="887970" timestamp="1288103979"]
BH has clinched a playoff spot just like Dayton. cbear4 you have no idea what you are talking about.
[/quote]

If they lose to GCM and Crosby, there is a chance that they dont get in.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="QB01" post="887985" timestamp="1288104998"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=75029.msg887970#msg887970 date=1288103979]
BH has clinched a playoff spot just like Dayton. cbear4 you have no idea what you are talking about.
[/quote]

If they lose to GCM and Crosby, there is a chance that they dont get in.
[/quote]

that's what i was thinking.

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="888016" timestamp="1288107224"]
No they have clinched. if they lose to both GCM and Crosby they tie GP for fourth place and the head to head battle goes to BH.
[/quote]

But if GCM wins out, giving them the head2head advantage over BH, their record would be identical to BH thus giving GCM the playoff spot??

A must win for BH...

[quote name="dayton" post="888026" timestamp="1288107930"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=75029.msg888016#msg888016 date=1288107224]
No they have clinched. if they lose to both GCM and Crosby they tie GP for fourth place and the head to head battle goes to BH.
[/quote]

But if GCM wins out, giving them the head2head advantage over BH, their record would be identical to BH thus giving GCM the playoff spot??

A must win for BH...
[/quote]

Thats what i am asking ...if GCM & GP win out & BH lose out ... then they all have a 4-3 record for the last 2 playoff spots ... head 2 head is out ... what is the tie breaker then ? thanks ... dayton & crosby would be in ...

[quote name="BH6886" post="888041" timestamp="1288108827"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=75029.msg888026#msg888026 date=1288107930]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=75029.msg888016#msg888016 date=1288107224]
[/quote]

A must win for BH...
[/quote]

Thats what i am asking ...if GCM & GP win out & BH lose out ... then they all have a 4-3 record for the last 2 playoff spots ... head 2 head is out ... what is the tie breaker then ? thanks ... dayton & crosby would be in ...
[/quote]

i think it goes to point differentials in those head 2 heads.... Someone like Bronco1 will have to be more specific.

if BH loses out and GCM wins out that means we will have a three way tie. GP=GCM=BH.
In that case GP beat GCM, BH beat GP, BH lost to GCM, three way tie all around. we go to point differential which is:
GP-44 over GCM-7
Bh-34 over GP-7
GCM-? over BH-?( in scenario of BH loses out GCM wins out)
In that case GCM has to smear BH by atleast 3 TD's and not let BH score 17 to have the score advantage over GP.
So with all this said BH most likely has a playoff spot even in the worse case scenario

Dayton and Bh will win their 20-4A match-up.  I have no doubt.  Central is a lock to win their game and if Crosby draws anyone else other than Central, they have a ligit shot at a win.  19-4A will win 50% of the playoff games first round and maybe 75%.

I'll make a firendly bet to that, if interested.  (Since Ryker bailed). 

BH has really impressed me the way they've played as of late.  Been listening to most of their games as well here lately (since they typically start later and Dayton has the second string in mid 2nd quarter) and I certainly can't SEE it but it just sounds like they've come around.  They do have a new coach and are implementing a completely different system (which I think is outdated but that's a whole 'nother matter) and it seems they are learning to play better in that system.  BH will be no easy out.

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="888137" timestamp="1288116055"]
you have also seen them against a productive defense i bet. nothing against BH boys but their defense isnt the strongest. Lately they have stepped it up a bunch but doesnt compare to PNG defense etc. Guess we will have to find out how it goes.
[/quote]
PNG cant spell defense.

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="888137" timestamp="1288116055"]
you have also seen them against a productive defense i bet. [u][b]nothing against BH boys but their defense isnt the strongest[/b][/u]. Lately they have stepped it up a bunch but doesnt compare to PNG defense etc. Guess we will have to find out how it goes.
[/quote]

OH MY, you sir have won the prize!!!!  ::) ::)  The Forest Gump post of the year.  ;D ;D

[b]Let's look at PNG 's Defense[/b]

1st They have allowed 33.8 points per game.  :o :o :o ::)
2nd Before you go down the better competition road, they have allowed 35.6 points since district started.  :o :o
3rd They lost to Nederland a week after Vidor beat Nederland and two weeks after BH beat Nederland.  ::) ::)
4th Two weeks ago a 1-win Ozen almost beat them in overtime and scored 42 points on PNG.  ::) ::)
5th PNG still has 2 potential and at least 1 for sure loss on their schedule. 
6th There is not a team in 20-4A that has anything close to a shut-down defense.
7th. Most importantly, PNG sucks.

[b]Lets look at BH's Defense  [/b] 

1st. BH installed a new offense and defense this year.  They have allowed 21.3 points per game for the year, inlcuding 54 point beat down by Dayton.
2nd. After playing Dayton in week 1 of district play, BH has only allowed 7 points per game. 
3rd.  Galena Park was avergaing over 40 points per game before BH, including scoring 23 on Dayton.  BH allowed GP 7.
4th. BH has already beat Nederland, who beat PNG and Lumberton.
5th.  We are just flat ars better than PNG, LCM, Nederland, and Livingston.
6th. Central has has trouble beating BH in the past.  I don't see it being a sure win for Central this year, if they play. 

;D ;D ;D

*raises hand* I know.. how bout when the last district game is played we will ALL know who is in and who is out...and if ties are the subject.. I bet we will all know who goes where in 19-4A by Sunday October 31st. just saying... being I am one of the ones who has ALREADY stated that I don't know a whole lot bout football... I just love the Broncos  ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="888254" timestamp="1288124025"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=75029.msg888137#msg888137 date=1288116055]
you have also seen them against a productive defense i bet. [u][b]nothing against BH boys but their defense isnt the strongest[/b][/u]. Lately they have stepped it up a bunch but doesnt compare to PNG defense etc. Guess we will have to find out how it goes.
[/quote]

OH MY, you sir have won the prize!!!!   ::) ::)  The Forest Gump post of the year.   ;D ;D

1st They have allowed 33.8 points per game.   :o :o :o ::)
2nd Before you go down the better competition road, they have allowed 35.6 points since district started.  :o :o
3rd They lost to Nederland a week after Vidor beat Nederland and two weeks after BH beat Nederland.  ::) ::)
4th Two weeks ago a 1-win Ozen almost beat them in overtime and scored 42 points on PNG.  ::) ::)
6th There is not a team in 20-4A that has anything close to a shut-down defense.

1st. BH installed a new offense and defense this year.  They have allowed 21.3 points per game for the year, inlcuding 54 point beat down by Dayton.
2nd. After playing Dayton in week 1 of district play, BH has only allowed 7 points per game. 
3rd.  Galena Park was avergaing over 40 points per game before BH, including scoring 23 on Dayton.  BH allowed GP 7.
6th. [b]Central has has trouble beating BH in the past.  I don't see it being a sure win for Central this year, if they play.[/b] 

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]We only played you once...

[quote name="bh89-2" post="888254" timestamp="1288124025"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=75029.msg888137#msg888137 date=1288116055]
[/quote]

OH MY, you sir have won the prize!!!!   ::) ::)  The Forest Gump post of the year.   ;D ;D

1st They have allowed 33.8 points per game.   :o :o :o ::)
6th [b]There is not a team in 20-4A that has anything close to a shut-down defense.[/b]

6th. Central has has trouble beating BH in the past.  I don't see it being a sure win for Central this year, if they play. 

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]I don't think Vidor would agree with you on that with the Jags.  Now, I can't speak for any of our District mates...  ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="888260" timestamp="1288124195"]
*raises hand* I know.. how bout when the last district game is played we will ALL know who is in and who is out...and if ties are the subject.. I bet we will all know who goes where in 19-4A by Sunday October 31st. just saying... being I am one of the ones who has ALREADY stated that I don't know a whole lot bout football... I just love the Broncos  ;D
[/quote]

Back to somehting you do know about, how is my buddy Tyrone?   ;D ;D ;D  Somebody steal his computer?  I hear that has been an issue around Dayton before.   ;D ;D ;D  

I have a serious question now.  I was in Dayton yesterday (I know, yall felt smarter) and this woman below was in front of me at a red light.  What is the purpose of a bobble-head armadillo in the back window?  Is this like a tool to draw them in the yard for supper?  I don't understand the ways of you folks in Dayton sometimes.  What gives?  

[quote name="bh89-2" post="888287" timestamp="1288126004"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=75029.msg888260#msg888260 date=1288124195]
[/quote]

Back to somehting you do know about, how is my buddy Tyrone?   ;D ;D ;D  Somebody steal his computer?  I hear that has been an issue around Dayton before.   ;D ;D ;D  

I have a serious question now.  I was in Dayton yesterday (I know, yall felt smarter) and this woman below was in front of me at a red light.  What is the purpose of a bobble-head armadillo in the back window?  Is this like a tool to draw them in the yard for supper?  I don't understand the ways of you folks in Dayton sometimes.  What gives?  

[/quote]
You didnt notice the one on the goal line at Bronco stadium? Oh ye you never got close to it. (besides on D when we were kicking the extra pt) :-*

[/quote]

[/quote] Have no Idea where Tyrone is.. and as for the bobble head in the back of the car window.. I saw the same car.. and right on the lower right corner of the back window was a sticker that said THE HILL IS FOR REAL... *shrugs*  and you seem to spend an awful lot of time in Dayton..... you like the smell of winners?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Aw C'mon dude...don't act like BH is some Cosmopolitan Yuppie hangout.  Or should I start listing some of the things I've seen while stopping for gas/drinks there at Angel's across from City Hall....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics