A Look At The 20 4A Playoff Race

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Big Ford" post="885700" timestamp="1287878000"]
I say rest Heard if they beat Lumberton, but I would not rest anybody else, they need reps.  By resting Heard, it would help Carter and any other RB get use to game speed which may be needed in the playoffs.  Also, as many balls as those WR's have dropped, they need to be out there every game working on their timing and hands.
[/quote] Should we be undefeated in Dist. after Friday, JV and other underclassmen should be promoted. Also I'd give them a pretty good amount of playing time to rest my starters. But, completely resting the starters wouldn't be and option for me. They'd see some PT against PNG.

I think resting players when you have a chance to be undefeated in district and avenge last years tough loss to P.N.G. would be crazy. Get that win and ride that momentum into a very short run for 20-4a play-off teams.Being undefeated in district is something to hang your hat on this year!You might want to ask the New England Patriots how taking a loss before the play-offs worked out for them. 

[quote name="scapegoat" post="886403" timestamp="1287949923"]
I think resting players when you have a chance to be undefeated in district and avenge last years tough loss to P.N.G. would be crazy. [b]Get that win and ride that momentum into a very short run for 20-4a play-off teams[/b].Being undefeated in district is something to hang your hat on this year!You might want to ask the New England Patriots how taking a loss before the play-offs worked out for them. 
[/quote]

Smh, Im happi People tend to think the Jags will lose early this year in the post-season...
Cant wait to bust some peoples Dreams..
Buh anywho
True, It would be way better going into playoffs Off a win..

[quote name="scapegoat" post="886403" timestamp="1287949923"]
I think resting players when you have a chance to be undefeated in district and avenge last years tough loss to P.N.G. would be crazy. Get that win and ride that momentum into a very short run for 20-4a play-off teams.Being undefeated in district is something to hang your hat on this year!You might want to ask the New England Patriots how taking a loss before the play-offs worked out for them. 
[/quote]Nice second post, sunshine.  Seems like my team have caused you to have sour grapes.  Wonder why?  :-* :-*

[quote name="Scooter!" post="886464" timestamp="1287954156"]
Doty is gonna shred CHS. Heard will go over 200 Yds and win it for CHS
[/quote]

Yes Scooter, Doty will get his yardage.  LC-M ate Centrals pathetic zone defense up in the second half of their game.  But the secondary will make plays at the end of the game when needed.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="886469" timestamp="1287954357"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=74957.msg886464#msg886464 date=1287954156]
[/quote]

Yes Scooter, Doty will get his yardage.  LC-M ate Centrals pathetic zone defense up in the second half of their game.  But the secondary will make plays at the end of the game when needed.
[/quote]

I dnt think so ford..Yea, LCM did shread our Zone Defense up..Our coaches learn and aginst Nederland we end up going men with one Saftey, which really worked...This will help us aginst thoes passing teams like, P.N.G, F.Wood, and anyone else IMO..

[quote name="D3zii" post="886528" timestamp="1287958408"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=74957.msg886469#msg886469 date=1287954357]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I dnt think so ford..Yea, LCM did shread our Zone Defense up..Our coaches learn and aginst Nederland we end up going men with one Saftey, which really worked...This will help us aginst thoes passing teams like, P.N.G, F.Wood, and anyone else IMO..
[/quote]

Ok, I hope so.  I would rather take my chances in man to man with one safety then to sit back in that zone all day.  I wouldn't play man all game either.  Mix them up, keep the coaches and QB for PN-G guessing.

[quote name="D3zii" post="886528" timestamp="1287958408"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on D3, I know you know football..everyone and their grandma plays man against vidor....They throw twice per game.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="886556" timestamp="1287960092"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=74957.msg886528#msg886528 date=1287958408]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on D3, I know you know football..everyone and their grandma plays man against vidor....They throw twice per game.
[/quote]

Who said anything about Vidor..I said Nederland..

[quote name="D3zii" post="886607" timestamp="1287965682"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=74957.msg886556#msg886556 date=1287960092]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=74957.msg886528#msg886528 date=1287958408]
[/quote]

Yes Scooter, Doty will get his yardage.  LC-M ate Centrals pathetic zone defense up in the second half of their game.  But the secondary will make plays at the end of the game when needed.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who said anything about Vidor..I said Nederland..
[/quote]

Sorry, I misread.....but while we are on the subject, the PNG QB is much better than Nederlands QB. Central will be the best defense they have faced this year. It should be a good one.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="886741" timestamp="1287976430"]
:D  I'm to tired to think to.
[/quote]

it's ok... we can wait for the answer together. ;D [url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/popcorn.gif[/img][/url]

I think that PNG and LCM would go D2 if that was how the season ended with those teams going to the playoffs. I think Central and Nederland both have a larger enrollment than PNG and LCM. I don't know the size of the schools in 19-4A. So I have no idea who would play who in this scenaro. I don't think we will have a clear playoff pic til maybe this Friday or possibly the last games of District. I know Central is in, and everyone else but Ozen is battling for those 3 remaining spots. Brain power is winding down for the day. So if someone else has all this in mind put it down. Thanks

[quote name="pngfan66" post="886744" timestamp="1287976831"]
I think that PNG and LCM would go D2 if that was how the season ended with those teams going to the playoffs. I think Central and Nederland both have a larger enrollment than PNG and LCM. I don't know the size of the schools in 19-4A. So I have no idea who would play who in this scenaro. I don't think we will have a clear playoff pic til maybe this Friday or possibly the last games of District. I know Central is in, and everyone else but Ozen is battling for those 3 remaining spots. Brain power is winding down for the day. So if someone else has all this in mind put it down. Thanks
[/quote]

It's looking like Dayton and BH will be the D2 reps with dayton being the 1 seed. Crosby will be the 1 seed in big school, I think..... although they beat crosby, GCM will be the 2 seed in D1 because of their record.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="886744" timestamp="1287976831"]
[/quote]

If that's how it ends and LCM and PNG have the same record, or if PNG's is better, i'm pretty sure y'all get BH.  *Becareful, cuz the hill is for real.*

According to enrollment numbers, remaining schedule, current standings and of course my pickem's (had to throw that in there since I'm leading, lol)...

19-4A D1 #1 seed Crosby vs 20-4A D1 #2 seed Nederland/PN-G (I feel Nederland wins there next 2 and gets in but if they don't and PN-G wins one or both games, they will play here)
19-4A D1 #2 seed Galena Park vs 20-4A D1 #1 seed Beaumont Central (this game is all but set in stone)

19-4A D2 #1 seed Dayton vs 20-4A D2 #2 seed Livingston/LC-M/PN-G (good to be in the playoffs, but this is the worst case scenerio)
19-4A D2 #2 seed Barbers Hill vs 20-4A D2 #1 seed Livingston/LC-M/PN-G (more than likely, this is reserved for the winner of this Fridays game between Livingston/LC-M)

This is just a guess going off of stats and factual information, the games must still be played so good luck to all that are in the running.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami