Lumberton vs. Nederland Game Thread/Nederland Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

You brought the fact about 10 underclassmen because you were trying prove why the defense was having problems.  Why did you bring up that fact if you weren't trying to prove something.  Geez, does the education never stop on my part.  While others are offering only personal attacks, ol' Smitty just continues to try and educate.  Man, I had to educate ol' dawgnuts earlier about sending in EXTRA taxes since he would have loved the bond (more taxes) to have passed.  Which I DOUBT he does!!    ;)
But it doesn't bother me one bit.  Like I have said before, I'll not stop until everyone agrees with me!!  LOL!!!!!!!    ;D    ::)     ;)  

[quote name="Roughrider" post="886776" timestamp="1287978884"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=74878.msg886756#msg886756 date=1287977500]
You do every time you say the problems on defense are because we have "10 underclassmen!"  I say those 10 underclassmen could achieve more with better direction.  I blame 1, you blame 10.  
Come on now, don't make a statement and then say "that's not what I said!"  You guys personally attack.  But when I hold ya'll to what ya'll actually say it makes ya'll mad.  WOW!!!!!   Oh wait, you also said; "freedom of speech is garbage!"  WOW again!!!!!!!!!!  I really am trying to take you serious, friend.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ::)    ;D

[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=74878.msg886175#msg886175 date=1287929512]
Who blamed kids, I stated their are 10 underclassmen playing their butts off and getting better every week. How is that attacking the kids. The only personal attacks on this thread is your personal attack against the DC. If you really knew what you were talking about or indeed went to the games as you say you do then you would see and acknowledge the improvement of the D this year. But all you really know how to do is post about koolaid and bobble heads.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thats just it, I never said there was a problem on D.....Listen closely one more time.....I said the Defense has 10 underclassmen and are playing their butts off and getting better every week. Now, dont dance around the question this time. I want you to tell me how I attacked the kids. Dont dance...just answer.
[/quote]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the one blaming the players.  I'll let others do that.  The fault is with one. And we KNOW who that is.  Not personal, just performance, or lack thereof on the DC's part.  I'll leave the personal attacks to others.    ;)

[quote name="tappedout" post="886784" timestamp="1287979397"]
I really believe these youngster's have come along way. The next few season's should be an exciting time for the Nederland fan's. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could have anything to say about the defense because it is loaded with underclassmen. Now next season if the defense was to struggle then someone could start pointing finger's. This season the defense has provided a lot of hope for Nederland fan's in the future.
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="886820" timestamp="1287986203"]
You brought the fact about 10 underclassmen because you were trying prove why the defense was having problems.  Why did you bring up that fact if you weren't trying to prove something.  Geez, does the education never stop on my part.  While others are offering only personal attacks, ol' Smitty just continues to try and educate.  Man, I had to educate ol' dawgnuts earlier about sending in EXTRA taxes since he would have loved the bond (more taxes) to have passed.  Which I DOUBT he does!!    ;)
But it doesn't bother me one bit.  Like I have said before, I'll not stop until everyone agrees with me!!  LOL!!!!!!!    ;D    ::)     ;)  

[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=74878.msg886776#msg886776 date=1287978884]
You do every time you say the problems on defense are because we have "10 underclassmen!"  I say those 10 underclassmen could achieve more with better direction.  I blame 1, you blame 10.  
Come on now, don't make a statement and then say "that's not what I said!"  You guys personally attack.  But when I hold ya'll to what ya'll actually say it makes ya'll mad.  WOW!!!!!   Oh wait, you also said; "freedom of speech is garbage!"  WOW again!!!!!!!!!!  I really am trying to take you serious, friend.

Who blamed kids, I stated their are 10 underclassmen playing their butts off and getting better every week. How is that attacking the kids. The only personal attacks on this thread is your personal attack against the DC. If you really knew what you were talking about or indeed went to the games as you say you do then you would see and acknowledge the improvement of the D this year. But all you really know how to do is post about koolaid and bobble heads.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thats just it, I never said there was a problem on D.....Listen closely one more time.....I said the Defense has 10 underclassmen and are playing their butts off and getting better every week. Now, dont dance around the question this time. I want you to tell me how I attacked the kids. Dont dance...just answer.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Talking about koolaid drinkers, the bond would have lowered taxes. Go get real facts, not just ramblings to support your position!

[quote name="smitty" post="886820" timestamp="1287986203"]

[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=74878.msg886776#msg886776 date=1287978884]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Hahaha..more dancing by Smitty. You put words in other people mouths. You said I was trying to prove our defense had a problem by stating that we have 10 underclassmen on it. I think you mis understood so I will put it in terms that even you can understand.

YOU have the problem with the defense. You have the agenda against the dc.

I continue to brag on the how much better the young defense is getting every week. My facts are not from a glass of koolaid or a bobble head. They are performance based. I have seen the improvement all year.

YOU have not seen it because you do not go to the games OR you do go to the games but dont know enough about football to see a difference.

Im done with ya Smitty but hey keep on dancing.  ;D

I have read several threads now where it's smitty against seemingly everyone else in Nederland.
This thread we're in now...smitty turned it to say that roughrider was blaming the boys. That is not what he meant AT ALL!! Any outsider reading this can see that he is encouraged that Nederland is doing as well as they are [u]AND[/u] they are underclassmen. In no way at all did I read into that as blaming the kids. NOW...in Smitty's defense, I have read several other comments he's made on other threads and he sometimes makes some valid points. One thing I will say is that he stands firm in his distrust/discouragement of Nederlands DC. Smitty is one to dance around but at the same time I'm sure he gets tired of trying to spin the same message in different ways. Why not just ignore any comments you don't like and not give any fuel to the fire? I think I know Roughrider and I'm pretty sure he's not "blaming" his kid or ANY kid! He's been a coach (if I'm thinking of the right person :)) and knows how hard kids work to perform and be successful. The Bulldogs have shown a ton of heart this year with all that they've endured on AND off the field!!

[quote name="smiley93" post="888216" timestamp="1288121818"]
I have read several threads now where it's smitty against seemingly everyone else in Nederland.
This thread we're in now...smitty turned it to say that roughrider was blaming the boys. That is not what he meant AT ALL!! Any outsider reading this can see that he is encouraged that Nederland is doing as well as they are [u]AND[/u] they are underclassmen. In no way at all did I read into that as blaming the kids. NOW...in Smitty's defense, I have read several other comments he's made on other threads and he sometimes makes some valid points. One thing I will say is that he stands firm in his distrust/discouragement of Nederlands DC. Smitty is one to dance around but at the same time I'm sure he gets tired of trying to spin the same message in different ways. Why not just ignore any comments you don't like and not give any fuel to the fire? I think I know Roughrider and I'm pretty sure he's not "blaming" his kid or ANY kid! He's been a coach (if I'm thinking of the right person :)) and knows how hard kids work to perform and be successful. The Bulldogs have shown a ton of heart this year with all that they've endured on AND off the field!!
[/quote]

Good post Smiley, I am done with Smitty but I got a little juiced when he said I was blaming the kids. I am proud of the Dogs this year and am looking forward to the future.  :)

[quote name="NAZERATH" post="885785" timestamp="1287882360"]
Ned won the first QT. but was out played the rest of the game .... no crying here.... I could remember your crowd screaming like children when Lumberton player's warming up with your band still on the field ....... that was funny ... BOOO HOOO!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]If the coaches would have stuck with the game plan 50-17 ...but Lumbertons coach got with Newman before the game and must have talked nice . And asked please please just the 1st qtr. Not the whole game;;;; whatever...30-17 will work ..Have  fun in Bmt. Sat ;D

[quote name="Roughrider" post="886175" timestamp="1287929512"]
[/quote]Trust me Richard is there every Friday ;)

Bulldogs did a great job!  I don't know much about the different plays but when they did the
Hook n Ladder the men in the stands went nuts...  Everyone was yelling "Hook n Ladder"  LOL it was exciting to hear & see the crowd react so excitedly and the boys did a GREAT job pulling it off... Perfect timing.  These boys will work hard to win.  They are definatley close as a team.. Great Job Boys!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476