SETXsports.com PLAYOFF CENTRAL - WEEK 10

WOSgrad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Roughrider" post="893917" timestamp="1288643466"]
So if Nederland wins by 3 or more, they punch a ticket regardless of outcome of the other games?
[/quote]

Not necessarily, that is why I worded it the way I did.  If PNG loses, all Nederland needs is a win.  If PNG wins and Livingston wins, then that is when the Bulldogs need a win of 3 points or more.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="894113" timestamp="1288655775"]
so that means that i have to listen to the stinken bulldogs game again while im watching my ndns torment souljas jags lol

very interesting lol
[/quote]

No biplayer, you will be too busy watching PNGs STINKIN defense to worry about what Nederland is doing....LOL

lol actually listened to them while we played vidor, was an interesting game. As for our defense watched them all year really isnt nothing new they could do that would surprise me unless  they actually pitch a shutout so i will have to bring the little radio one more time lol, because i know that wont happen.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="893072" timestamp="1288559996"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=74801.msg893060#msg893060 date=1288559138]
I'm a little confused with the Nederland scenario. They're in with a win OR a 2 pt win?
[/quote]

I understand, and I will try to explain it out because the scenario has as much to do with whether PNG wins.

There is a scenario in which PNG, Nederland and Livingston all win.  That would give PNG a 5-2 mark and leave LCM, Nederland and Livingston with identical 3-3 marks.  The first tiebreaker, head to head would decide nothing, so you go to the point spread tiebreaker, which currently has LCM at +8 (57-49 win over Livingston), Livingston as -3 (21-16 win over Nederland and 57-49 loss to LCM) and Nederland at -5 (21-16 loss to Livingston. 

So in order for Nederland to get into the playoffs in this scenario, the must beat LCM by 3 points or more to get a -2 or better on the point differential.

Like I said, it is only in the event that both PNG and Livingston win, too.  But it is a possibility which prevented me from saying just a Nederland win gets them in.
[/quote]
So what happens if Nederland wins by11? Both Livingston and LCM have -3.

[quote name="tpriddy" post="897251" timestamp="1288966603"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=74801.msg893072#msg893072 date=1288559996]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=74801.msg893060#msg893060 date=1288559138]
I'm a little confused with the Nederland scenario. They're in with a win OR a 2 pt win?
[/quote]

I understand, and I will try to explain it out because the scenario has as much to do with whether PNG wins.

There is a scenario in which PNG, Nederland and Livingston all win.  That would give PNG a 5-2 mark and leave LCM, Nederland and Livingston with identical 3-3 marks.  The first tiebreaker, head to head would decide nothing, so you go to the point spread tiebreaker, which currently has LCM at +8 (57-49 win over Livingston), Livingston as -3 (21-16 win over Nederland and 57-49 loss to LCM) and Nederland at -5 (21-16 loss to Livingston. 

So in order for Nederland to get into the playoffs in this scenario, the must beat LCM by 3 points or more to get a -2 or better on the point differential.

Like I said, it is only in the event that both PNG and Livingston win, too.  But it is a possibility which prevented me from saying just a Nederland win gets them in.
[/quote]
So what happens if Nederland wins by11? Both Livingston and LCM have -3.
[/quote]

In the case of two teams tied (which you have stated with LCM and Livingston would be at -3) then you go to head-to-head. LCM would advance due to their win over Livingston.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami