That was just plain AWFUL

[quote name="puddin tane" post="877955" timestamp="1287288115"]
awful awful awful....................first year, first week, first practice...there is no excuse..NONE for what showed up offensively for LU....a stinking joke!
[/quote]

Awww come on now.  We are just a first year program!  Keep in mind we were playing the great South Alabama who's had a full year and 1/2 of experience.  We should expect to be totally dominated! NOT!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="877975" timestamp="1287288699"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74580.msg877955#msg877955 date=1287288115]
awful awful awful....................first year, first week, first practice...there is no excuse..NONE for what showed up offensively for LU....a stinking joke!
[/quote]

Awww come on now.  We are just a first year program!  Keep in mind we were playing the great South Alabama who's had a full year and 1/2 of experience.  We should expect to be totally dominated! NOT!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]aggies, you have to excuse him, he's one of those fair weather guys, ya know.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="877985" timestamp="1287288958"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=74580.msg877975#msg877975 date=1287288699]
[/quote]

[/quote]aggies, you have to excuse him, he's one of those fair weather guys, ya know.
[/quote]

out there till 0:00,, still cheering on Big Red....you? yeah, thats what i thought

[quote name="puddin tane" post="877995" timestamp="1287289289"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74580.msg877985#msg877985 date=1287288958]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=74580.msg877975#msg877975 date=1287288699]
[/quote]

[/quote]

out there till 0:00,, still cheering on Big Red....you? yeah, thats what i thought
[/quote]hell no i wasn't there, i knew the end result. guess that's where ur lacking.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="878060" timestamp="1287293954"]
I wasn't there, but I watched every minute of it online, for what it's worth.
[/quote]
Aren't you an SHSU fan? as in the negative LU posts on Katfans.com: JJWooten
*****[i]

Re: Lamar AD Looking to Leave SLC
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »   
Billy Tubbs on the halftime show for the USA game trashed the SLC pretty hard. He talked about how bad of a decision it was for Lamar to leave the Sunbelt for the Southland, and that's the reason why Lamar has struggled so much for the past two decades. He basically explained that his role as "advisor to the president" is to help them get out of the SLC if the opportunity comes up[/i]

[quote name="HouTexan" post="878182" timestamp="1287327700"]
*****[i]

Billy Tubbs on the halftime show for the USA game trashed the SLC pretty hard. He talked about how bad of a decision it was for Lamar to leave the Sunbelt for the Southland, and that's the reason why Lamar has struggled so much for the past two decades. He basically explained that his role as "advisor to the president" is to help them get out of the SLC if the opportunity comes up[/i]
[/quote]

I think I've made it clear on other threads that I'm a Bearkat Alum. Hell, my avatar is even orange. Does it mean that I have no right to be interested in another team?

[quote name="JJWooten" post="878323" timestamp="1287336609"]
[quote author=HouTexan link=topic=74580.msg878182#msg878182 date=1287327700]
*****[i]

[/quote]

I think I've made it clear on other threads that I'm a Bearkat Alum. heck, my avatar is even orange. Does it mean that I have no right to be interested in another team?
[/quote]

That's correct.  Now, stay off our board.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="879160" timestamp="1287366008"]

[/quote]

I'll ignore that and take it as an ignorant response. The majority of posters on here have been polite except for you. Seeing as how you don't have a moderator tag under your name, I don't see how any of my actions warrant my disappearance.

[quote name="HouTexan" post="878182" timestamp="1287327700"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=74580.msg878060#msg878060 date=1287293954]
I wasn't there, but I watched every minute of it online, for what it's worth.
[/quote]
*****[i]

[b]Billy Tubbs on the halftime show for the USA game trashed the SLC pretty hard.[/b] He talked about how bad of a decision it was for Lamar to leave the Sunbelt for the Southland, and that's the reason why Lamar has struggled so much for the past two decades. [b]He basically explained that his role as "advisor to the president" is to help them get out of the SLC if the opportunity comes up[/b][/i]
[/quote]

I was at the game and had my Sony Walkman and heard the interview you speak of.  
I guess I will have to "Snopes your banter"  as being Mixed.  Your first and last statements are not totally true.  He did not necessarily trash the SLC hard and as advisor the the president, he said that Lamar needs to be ready if an opportunity arises in the Sunbelt, WAC, Conference USA or what ever move that would be to Lamar advantage.....(I feel not to get caught flatfooted and not able to move it needed to.)
I too wish we could have stayed in the Sunbelt, but Lamar was in such bad shape the loss of football snowballed the downward spiral and we could not afford to stay with the travel and all.  
He spoke of how Dr. Simmons has brought back through his hard work and dictation to Lamar.  How he has gotten Beaumont and the community support.  Lamar has to improved campus facilities and how the old dorms were em brassing to show prospective athletes of all sports, much less his  bball players.
You know if the various sports programs a improving as well as they are, why not look ahead and be ready to make the necessary steps to move on. I could go on.

I walked through the campus game day.  I park in the old McDonald Gym Parking lot. I know it gone and a new facility is there in it's place. As I walked I noticed someone coming up from behind and I mentioned it had been 40 years since I had walked the campus and how really nice it was.  The guy introduced himself and some the was a South Alabama alum from Houston. He was very impressed the campus and stadium and when I pointed out the Montagne Center he was father impressed.  They have to borrow a football stadium as they don't have their own stadium. I was rather proud of what Dr. Simmons has done for Lamar and getting the kind comments from a visitor.

GO BIG RED!!!!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="877975" timestamp="1287288699"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree, I thought the score would have been worse but that we would scored at least one TD.  I don't thind USA had their best game, maybe it was over confidence or what.  Our offense was dominated by their much bigger D-line and our defense needs to be drilled on tackling and drilled on how to put a shoulder into a tackle.  There was way too many missed tackles and arm tackles that were costly. 

One thing that I noticed too was that they were weak in the kicking game too.  Our field goal kicker looked like the guy off the street that tried to kick a field goal for a prize.  He may have a injury problem, I don't know, but he is not earning his scholarship if he is getting one.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="879318" timestamp="1287378132"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=74580.msg879160#msg879160 date=1287366008]

[/quote]

I'll ignore that and take it as an ignorant response. The majority of posters on here have been polite except for you. Seeing as how you don't have a moderator tag under your name, I don't see how any of my actions warrant my disappearance.
[/quote]hey jj your more than welcome here, excuse his ignorance, as you can prob tell by most of his replies, they have no substance to them at all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed