• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="indnfan" post="877978" timestamp="1287288853"]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=74552.msg877967#msg877967 date=1287288579]
PNG, BABY!!!  WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
[/quote]
I'm not real excited.
[/quote]

Just frustration.  PNG defense played GREAT against Lumberton, then look at them tonite. Guess they thought they had this game in the bag.  Glad Ozen came back and did some "spanking" to PNG....PNG needed it.  Now, they need to get their act together for next week.  FRUSTRATION!  >:(

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="877993" timestamp="1287289195"]
[quote author=indnfan link=topic=74552.msg877978#msg877978 date=1287288853]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=74552.msg877967#msg877967 date=1287288579]
PNG, BABY!!!  WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
[/quote]
I'm not real excited.
[/quote]
More worried than frustrated. We have a tuff 3 weeks ahead.

Just frustration.  PNG defense played GREAT against Lumberton, then look at them tonite. Guess they thought they had this game in the bag.  Glad Ozen came back and did some "spanking" to PNG....PNG needed it.  Now, they need to get their act together for next week.  FRUSTRATION!  >:(
[/quote]

Guest tappedout
I really don't know what to think. Lot's of people have been waiting on this group of junior's and senior's and if we make the playoff's we will be very lucky. This has to be the worst defense I have ever seen at PNG. They have to get this kickoff situation straightened out as well. As someone told me earlier "our offense is awesome but our defense couldn't stop the local YMCA flag football team." This team has several area's of concern. We will have to start having more ball controlled drives to keep the defense off of the field. Were very lucky that Ozen imploded just before the end of regulation. Our offense better not be ready to punt next week because LCM's offense will be ready to light our defense up.

[quote name="tappedout" post="878022" timestamp="1287290249"]
I really don't know what to think. Lot's of people have been waiting on this group of junior's and senior's and if we make the playoff's we will be very lucky. This has to be the worst defense I have ever seen at PNG. They have to get this kickoff situation straightened out as well. As someone told me earlier "our offense is awesome but our defense couldn't stop the local YMCA flag football team." This team has several area's of concern. We will have to start having more ball controlled drives to keep the defense off of the field. Were very lucky that Ozen imploded just before the end of regulation. Our offense better not be ready to punt next week because LCM's offense will be ready to light our defense up.
[/quote]

I agree.  Good analysis.

First off Ozen played there hearts out. There QB has a cannon and is a great FB player.

Second, that has to be the WORST officated game I have ever witness. These guys were lost all night!!!! They had NO clue what was going on.

Third, the stadium needs a new clock operator and another annoucer. The clock operator must suffer from ADD and the announcer was lost at what was going on.

Fourth, the Butch is a very nice stadium.

Can someone explain how the 25 second play clock can wind down (again)  as everyone was counting down the seconds for the inept refs, the clock hits ZERO, they blow the whistle, a flag comes out, but they wave it off???????  No foul?  If there was no foul,  then why did these goofballs stop the play?  IMO that was a very crucial non-penalty.

Any explanations on this one? 

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="878035" timestamp="1287291539"]
Can someone explain how the 25 second play clock can wind down (again)  as everyone was counting down the seconds for the inept refs, the clock hits ZERO, they blow the whistle, a flag comes out, but they wave it off???????  No foul?  If there was no foul,  then why did these goofballs stop the play?  IMO that was a very crucial non-penalty.

Any explanations on this one? 
[/quote]
Sorry all I can say is RETARDS ! Not only did the play clock hit 0 ! One of Ozen's players jumped off sides and no flag was thrown. THis was in the first OT. I don't get it either. And not even starting the play clock several times in the game. Because of that they gave Ozen 2 or 3 extra time outs. I hope those refs never officiate again on a Friday night !

I can tell you this, Ozen is a better team than what their record shows. THeir QB and running backs are very good. The QB has a cannon and can flat out move ! My respects go out to Ozen.
On another note, how is the Ozen player that was taken away in the ambulance ? My prayers go out to him.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="878044" timestamp="1287292037"]
TV said that the official was standing over the ball when the play clock went to 0. I didn't see it, but they did look clueless.
[/quote]
Best I can tell and remember he was not standing over the ball. This is in the first OT. The play clock hits 0 and a ozen player moves and then the ref runs in. No flags what so ever. Poor officiating.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="878049" timestamp="1287292318"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=74552.msg878044#msg878044 date=1287292037]
TV said that the official was standing over the ball when the play clock went to 0. I didn't see it, but they did look clueless.
[/quote]
Best I can tell and remember he was not standing over the ball. This is in the first OT. The play clock hits 0 and a ozen player moves and then the ref runs in. No flags what so ever. Poor officiating.
[/quote]
Thats the way i saw it on TV. Looks like the running back jumped before the whistle blew to me. The officials explained it to Faircloth. I'd like to hear that one.

I was in attendance @ this game.  Thanks for the PN-G faithful for not giving me static with my gray attire and Jag bleacher chair.   ;D

The Officiating was horrible.  Really.  Ozen had no time out but tried to call a time out.  Then the officals pick up the flag and say no flag.  But Ozen lost a down.  Uhhh...  Hello, there either should have been a play run of a penalty.  I'll never understand that.  Second, when PN-G took a knee to go into halftime, the clock is supposed to run.  Not stop.  But you stop the clock.  

The announcer is horrible.  This is the same guy that calls Central Basketball games.  How are you going to be OUR announcer and not know our player's name?  Tonight, he called ALL  of the wrong names.  You should know Sullivan when you see him...  He's the smallest player on the field.  And Announcer, Umm, when it's overtime, and Ozen scores, the game is NOT over...  'And there you go, folks.  That's the ball game.  Ozen wins'... ::) ::)  The other team has a chance too.  Somebody needs to get their grandpa out of that press box.  He jacks up way too many games.  It was embarrassing.

The game now.  Very good game.  Started off, Ozen couldn't stop PN-G's running game up the middle.  but at the same time, PN-G couldn't stop #3 from running.  Adjustments were made.  I do think that PN-G should have stayed with the running game up the middle.  The passing game opened up.  So did Ozen's.  They were killing PN-G deep.  I think that was #12 from PN-G that got torched on 4 deep passes.  It came down to executing in OT, which PN-G did.  Valliant effort by Ozen.  But you go to what works this late in the game...  Run Green.  I know I sure got my money's worth tonight!  

Both teams need to tighten up that Defense.  PN-G,  you better start leaving 2 safeties out there to stop that deep ball and have faithin your LB's to stuff the run, or you will get torched every night.  

PN-G's offense - A-  Did really  well with mixing the play calling up.  I loved the reverse flea flickers late in the game.  I didn't like that you went away from the run up the middle

PN-G's Defense - C- There is potential in there.  I saw some hard hits.  They did D up, when it counted.  I didn't like that they give up way too many deep plays

Special teams - B - Just seemed normal.  Nothing jumped out

Swagger - A+  - I guess this is the Indian Swagger, You know, how they do it, but they kept the crown in it.  So I guess they are all about crowd control...  8)

AH Soulja wish I would have known you were there would have loved to introduced myself and got a hand shake. What a game! WOW. Ozen played. They never qiut even when they were way down early. PNG played hard at the end those kids were hitting hard out there. Tthe Indian faithful were rowdy tonight. One other thing Bertrand has really become a sucessful runner. This kid is as patient a runner as you will see.

The third and fourth spot is going to come down to who doesn't blow themselves in the foot.  Png, Ozen, Vidor, Nederland.  I'm thinking and will more than liking see a 3-4 in district get in. After points what the tie breaker. I see where that's possibly heading for the last spot and possibly last 2 spots.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont