*BRIDGE CITY @ SILSBEE BROADCAST*/BC Wins/Comments

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="skipper" post="879447" timestamp="1287412896"]
IF silsbee had not turned the ball over to the cards friday night would it been a diffrent game,was it the turnovers that hurt the tigers are is it that thay were just out played
[/quote]

The Tigers were outplayed,  turnovers are part of the game,  so having fewer turnovers can be a part of outplaying a team. The Tigers were beaten by less than a TD,  we turned the ball over 5 times.  Take away the drives ended by turnovers and I am not sure BC stopped the Tigers 5 times the rest of the game.  So yes I would feel the turnovers cost the Tigers the game.  1 score out of those five possesions is all we needed.

[quote name="ST413" post="879488" timestamp="1287415751"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=74461.msg879447#msg879447 date=1287412896]
IF silsbee had not turned the ball over to the cards friday night would it been a diffrent game,was it the turnovers that hurt the tigers are is it that thay were just out played
[/quote]

The Tigers were outplayed,  turnovers are part of the game,  so having fewer turnovers can be a part of outplaying a team. The Tigers were beaten by less than a TD,  we turned the ball over 5 times.  Take away the drives ended by turnovers and I am not sure BC stopped the Tigers 5 times the rest of the game.  So yes I would feel the turnovers cost the Tigers the game.  1 score out of those five possesions is all we needed.

[/quote]
How many times did they score off of our turnovers?

[quote name="ST413" post="879488" timestamp="1287415751"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

BC has i think 3 turnovers as well....
yall ahd 2 more than us....

meaning yall ahd 3 chances to take the ball down and score and win the game....

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="879755" timestamp="1287428477"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=74461.msg879488#msg879488 date=1287415751]
[/quote]

The Tigers were outplayed,  turnovers are part of the game,  so having fewer turnovers can be a part of outplaying a team. The Tigers were beaten by less than a TD,  we turned the ball over 5 times.  Take away the drives ended by turnovers and I am not sure BC stopped the Tigers 5 times the rest of the game.  So yes I would feel the turnovers cost the Tigers the game.  1 score out of those five possesions is all we needed.

[/quote]

[/quote]
according to the stats Silsbee had 5 turnovers to BC's 2.  One of BC's turnovers came with 49 seconds left in the game That one was totally unneccesary.  They should have been kneeling the ball and ending the game.  I said BC outplayed us but the part of that that was the difference was the turnovers. Through the course of the game, minus the last minute, you got 4 more turnovers than we did ending 4 more Tiger drives than BC drives ended with TOs.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="876954" timestamp="1287241698"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=74461.msg876940#msg876940 date=1287240641]
Looks like to's were the deciding factor
[/quote]

I totally agree. That and the fact that Silsbee could not get a single yard on three consecutive plays late in the 4th in BC territory, giving ball back over on downs, was the deciding factor in this game.

Silsbee now has on the season 29 fumbles, losing 15. A total of 21 turnovers (6 int's) thru 7 games, an average of 3 per game, just will not cut it.

I can live with the 6 interceptions out of over 150 pass attempts (18 passing TD's, 6 int's, very good ratio), but the 29 fumbles when we are not considered a running team, is far too careless. Silsbee has to get better with holding onto the ball.
[/quote]

And very few of the 29 fumbles this season were forced.  There was only one fumble against Bridge City that I would have considered a forced fumble.  Everything else was just careless.  Bridge City did what they had to do. 

I will say that I was very pleased with the defense ability to stop the run.  Silsbee has way too much athletic ability to let receivers get behind them in the secondary.

[quote name="ST413" post="879767" timestamp="1287429356"]
[quote author=FootballFan96 link=topic=74461.msg879755#msg879755 date=1287428477]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=74461.msg879488#msg879488 date=1287415751]
[/quote]

The Tigers were outplayed,  turnovers are part of the game,  so having fewer turnovers can be a part of outplaying a team. The Tigers were beaten by less than a TD,  we turned the ball over 5 times.  Take away the drives ended by turnovers and I am not sure BC stopped the Tigers 5 times the rest of the game.  So yes I would feel the turnovers cost the Tigers the game.  1 score out of those five possesions is all we needed.

[/quote]

[/quote]
according to the stats Silsbee had 5 turnovers to BC's 2.  One of BC's turnovers came with 49 seconds left in the game That one was totally unneccesary.  They should have been kneeling the ball and ending the game.  I said BC outplayed us but the part of that that was the difference was the turnovers. Through the course of the game, minus the last minute, you got 4 more turnovers than we did ending 4 more Tiger drives than BC drives ended with TOs.
[/quote]

well thats part of the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami