Sad day. Jefferson arrested for 2nd time in as many weeks. Kicked off team

sleepy

Very much sarcastic...........kid is getting a great education from one of the best institutions in the state of not country and he would rather smoke the funny stuff.  That is the problem with KIDS today.....think they can get away with anything.  And it is not just the athletes, it is all kids.  Some are brought up the right way and some are not........most who get into trouble are the ones who were not!!!  Just sayin!!!

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="875320" timestamp="1287158155"]
Very much sarcastic...........kid is getting a great education from one of the best institutions in the state of not country and he would rather smoke the funny stuff.  That is the problem with KIDS today.....think they can get away with anything.  And it is not just the athletes, it is all kids.  Some are brought up the right way and some are not........most who get into trouble are the ones who were not!!!  Just sayin!!!
[/quote]

It starts with the Parents, as soon as the kid gets in trouble for breaking a rule, their parents are all up in the middle of it trying to change the rule or blaming the person that caught them. It has gotten a lot worse over the last several years.

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="897271" timestamp="1288967554"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=74460.msg875320#msg875320 date=1287158155]
[/quote]

It starts with the Parents, as soon as the kid gets in trouble for breaking a rule, their parents are all up in the middle of it trying to change the rule or blaming the person that caught them. It has gotten a lot worse over the last several years.
[/quote]

+1

I'm in my forties and these problems have been happening for over thirty years. Look back to the 60's.

Heck, I have a friend who is a single mom and her [b]13 yrs old daughter [/b] is in a drug rehab in San Antonio. I know it takes parents but the dad is in Florida and doesn't pay child support nor has he seen the child in two or three years. I know the mom is doing her best but she is just making enough to pay the bills and put food on the table.

This is a social problem and the kids need to take the blame for their mistakes. Like the staying goes "it takes a village to raise a child". It isn't always the parent's fault.

BTW, I have the okay to mention this as I wouldn't talk about someones personal problems without permission. No way, will I put out names or where these people live or how I know them.

Somw student athletes appreciate the talent they have, the people who helped them develop it and all the oppourtunities it brings. Some feel entiteled and superior, the line between confidence and cocky is blured then you get a spoiled kid who has never had to answer to the things he or she has done.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami