Best Running Back in Southeast Texas

Fred Ford .... enough said ... just ask the fans from WOS (and I have ... I work in Orange) ... even while most teams keying on him or stacking the box to stop him (Vidor, ColdSprings, Bridge City, etc...), he still has managed over 100 in all the games ... This has opened up lanes for the other running backs ... and guess what he blocks too .... just ask the player from Bridge City he flipped on a run by Heywood...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="873051" timestamp="1286897585"]
Fred Ford .... enough said ... just ask the fans from WOS (and I have ... I work in Orange) ... even while most teams keying on him or stacking the box to stop him (Vidor, ColdSprings, Bridge City, etc...), he still has managed over 100 in all the games ... This has opened up lanes for the other running backs ... and guess what he blocks too .... just ask the player from Bridge City he flipped on a run by Heywood...
[/quote]

He didn't get 100 yds against Hunnington,Because of the short field every time Kirbyville had the ball....Hunnington only crossed the 50 yd.line one time...

Stats: 1,044 Rushing yd's in 7 games
                ATT: 141
                AVG: 7.4 yd's per carry
                TD'S: 13
            Game Average..149 Yd's per game...

*stats from Beaumont enterprise*

[quote name="broncos92" post="873242" timestamp="1286912197"]
[quote author=APanthers link=topic=74334.msg873213#msg873213 date=1286910321]
Justin Allbritton
[/quote]If you want to see a man amongst boys watch delasbar from dayton. the kid is a beast. 20-4a will find out.
[/quote]

Yes he is good, however, Albritton would be the starter for the Broncos if he lived in Dayton.

Jarred Howard from Kountze. Best overall RB hands down. Howard has the size, 6'1 220lbs. He runs with power and has the speed to break a long run. Like the 80 yard TD run he broke against Anahauc. Howard has no supporting cast and faces 9 man fronts every game ! Kid still rushes for 150-250 yards a game and 3-4 TD's !! WOW !! He is a D-1 player. Howard will mature even more in college.

K'Ville's Ford is tough even when everybody in the stadium knows he's getting the ball.  Great runner.

[size=18pt]BUT...[/size]IMO the most explosive running back in the area is Britton Lindsey - WOS.  This kid could/should be leading the area in all rushing categories. 

You know how the saying goes..."Who's was the only man to consistently hold Micheal Jordan under 30 points a game?  Dean Smith!  Same logic applies here. 

[quote name="real eyes realize real li" post="873180" timestamp="1286907714"]
how many yards does bertrand have....
[/quote]

This is what I found and here is where I found it, I hope it is accurate.
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?mkt=&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=151&SchoolID=&Season=2010&DistrictID=&SearchDate=09/05/10&SearchDateEnd=09/05/10&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=&SearchType=Teams

Name                Att Yds Yds/Att  TD
Chase Bertrand 149 941 6.32     9

fred fords stats are eaten up by two other excellent rbs.Ford ran 8 times last game.If it was about stats.Ford could have thrown up 400 against Huntington.But there is sportsmanship.Teams with a lack of defense,get involved with shoot-outs, and stats go crazy. Just not the case with Kville.Except for the game against the Cardinals and that spread option  :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder