Evadale vs. Burkeville Game Thread/Evadale Wins/Comments

Evadale wins 42 to 12......  But they had their hands full in the first 1/2. # 6 for Burkeville is a hand full. He looked like he was hurt and was limping but when he did run Evadale had trouble stoping him. But in the 2 half Evadale opened up the passing game and pull away. Good game by both clubs

I still say I see the Stangs getting there in the near future.  They're getting there, give em time.

Another good finish Rebs.  Was good to see the passing game open up a little more giving B. N. a little rest tonight.  Stay focused and get em one at a time. 

With a week off next week it it will help you get healed and reload!

Great game but the last Off. plays I still dont understand??? Evadale had the ball on the 3 on 3 down, got a holding call, then the refs walked off  15 yards instead of 10 ??? putting the ball on the 23, but  still made it 4 down???  That play ment nothing but just wondering what these guys were thinking????

[quote name="True Blue" post="870073" timestamp="1286600561"]
Great game but the last Off. plays I still dont understand??? Evadale had the ball on the 3 on 3 down, got a holding call, then the refs walked off  15 yards instead of 10 ??? putting the ball on the 23, but  still made it 4 down???  That play ment nothing but just wondering what these guys were thinking????
[/quote]

Just a correction Blue, ball was placed on the 20, but it was a 15 yard mark off for holding inside the 5. But the down was still 3 the Rebels just elected to go for the FG attempt on 3rd. The staff did know it was 3rd.  But the officiating in this one was comical all night long. That was just the last straw!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="870236" timestamp="1286629139"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=74138.msg870073#msg870073 date=1286600561]
[/quote]

Just a correction Blue, ball was placed on the 20, but it was a 15 yard mark off for holding inside the 5. But the down was still 3 the Rebels just elected to go for the FG attempt on 3rd. The staff did know it was 3rd.  But the officiating in this one was comical all night long. That was just the last straw!
[/quote]As you both have stated and I agree, it didn't affect the outcome but that was a strange crew.  Too many conferences and just odd almost comical things from these guys all night.  Not sure what happened on the Stangs last TD.  From my vantage point it seemed the ball was fumbled into the end zone and recovered by the Rebs.  After a brief conference the crew gave the TD to Bville. ??? does'nt matter.

Good hard fought game by both teams.  God luck to the Stangs in the playoffs.  Enjoy a week off Rebs and get healed up.

Guest Abraham
I agree with bigmo.. I dont understand what happenede there?  But all in all evadale came out on top and im speechless about burkeville they need to get it together if they intend on doing anything in the future.

[quote name="Benjamin" post="872086" timestamp="1286807763"]
all i have to say is evadale started off slow but once they got there momentum going burkeville couldnt stop them yes i will say #6 was a hoss but he wasnt as good as everyone thinks i mean he did get shut down enough to where he couldnt return to the game
[/quote]
Yeah  he was hurt before the game. So dont think the rebels put him out!

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="872565" timestamp="1286839316"]
[quote author=Benjamin link=topic=74138.msg872086#msg872086 date=1286807763]
all i have to say is evadale started off slow but once they got there momentum going burkeville couldnt stop them yes i will say #6 was a hoss but he wasnt as good as everyone thinks i mean he did get shut down enough to where he couldnt return to the game
[/quote]
Yeah  he was hurt before the game. So dont think the rebels put him out!
[/quote]

He was sure running pretty good during the first half for someone hurt before the game?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder