Anahuac @ Buna Prediction's

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="866978" timestamp="1286369745"]
[quote author=BunaDad12 link=topic=73841.msg866971#msg866971 date=1286368668]
BUNA will win by at least two touchdowns Anahuac can't stop their running game.
[/quote]

Pretty "ballzy" for your first post!  So riddle me this Batman....how does Buna stop our running game?

I've said it twice and nobody is listening....the coogs are Very physical this year.  My guess robin...they will do it the same way they stopped hardin's offense.....hard physical play.  

How is his comment ballzy?  Sounds to me like its a prediction. First post???  What difference does it make how many posts he has.  Is this a union board...are there seniority rules. Haha
[/quote]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="wouldsmith" post="867263" timestamp="1286394124"]
[quote author=Anafanatic link=topic=73841.msg866978#msg866978 date=1286369745]
[quote author=BunaDad12 link=topic=73841.msg866971#msg866971 date=1286368668]
BUNA will win by at least two touchdowns Anahuac can't stop their running game.
[/quote]

Pretty "ballzy" for your first post!  So riddle me this Batman....how does Buna stop our running game?

I've said it twice and nobody is listening....the coogs are Very physical this year.  My guess robin...they will do it the same way they stopped hardin's offense.....hard physical play.  

How is his comment ballzy?  Sounds to me like its a prediction. First post???  What difference does it make how many posts he has.  Is this a union board...are there seniority rules. Haha
[/quote]
[/quote]

The rules are, there are no rules!  I'm not sure they stopped Hardin's offense, by allowing them to get 32 points, they just outscored 'em.  I expect a physical game no doubt!

Sure they stopped them.  I don't know what the exact figure is but didn't Harding score like more than 50 points a game before playing the coogs.  There is no doubt that Hardin has a high scoring offense and they are hard to contain.  They would be the team to beat if they'd just run the ball 25 % of the time. 
The panthers pose an easier team to contain because they don't have the number of threats hardin has.  If buna can stop the run it's over.  That's a good if granted, but I'm interested to see just what happens.  Buna kept it too close for newtons comfort the first half of that game and a couple of turnovers sealed the deal for newton.  Are the panthers more dynamic than the eagles....I don't think so.  So we'll see come Friday if all the talk fits the walk for both of us.  I still have Buna up by  14 when the clock strikes zero.  Teams are putting 11 guys in the box trying to stop Buna and nobody has come close yet.  And at the end of this contest, be honest either way it goes, tell me if Buna aint the hardest hitting team you've seen this year. 

Guest HardinHornets
wouldsmith, surely you were at the game (Buna vs. Hardin)

Buna did not stop Hardin's offense. Hardin stopped Hardin's offense with 3 missed opportunities in the RedZone and still scored 32 points.

Hardin got beat because Buna pounded it up the middle and counter/trapped Hardin's tail ALL night long. Hardin has no match for tough running programs, that's been a fact!!! Yes, Buna the best team WON the game, and that's why I say Buna will beat Anahuac "if they contain the speed" and play smart!

Buna by 6

It will be a close game, but what hurts Buna is their lack of an explosive offense.  Yes, they have a possession offense that will methodically drive down the field.  I just don't see them throwing the ball down the field.  If Anahuac slows down their run game, they are in a tight situation.

[quote name="wouldsmith" post="867378" timestamp="1286404715"]
Sure they stopped them.  I don't know what the exact figure is but didn't Harding score like more than 50 points a game before playing the coogs.  There is no doubt that Hardin has a high scoring offense and they are hard to contain.  They would be the team to beat if they'd just run the ball 25 % of the time. 
[i]The panthers pose an easier team to contain because they don't have the number of threats hardin has.[/i]  If buna can stop the run it's over.  That's a good if granted, but I'm interested to see just what happens.  Buna kept it too close for newtons comfort the first half of that game and a couple of turnovers sealed the deal for newton.  Are the panthers more dynamic than the eagles....I don't think so.  So we'll see come Friday if all the talk fits the walk for both of us.  I still have Buna up by  14 when the clock strikes zero.  Teams are putting 11 guys in the box trying to stop Buna and nobody has come close yet.  And at the end of this contest, be honest either way it goes, tell me if Buna aint the hardest hitting team you've seen this year. 
[/quote]

You can't be serious. Anahuac doesn't have as many weapons as Hardin?

[quote name="wouldsmith" post="867378" timestamp="1286404715"]
The panthers pose an easier team to contain because they don't have the number of threats hardin has.  If buna can stop the run it's over.  That's a good if granted, but I'm interested to see just what happens.  Buna kept it too close for newtons comfort the first half of that game and a couple of turnovers sealed the deal for newton.  Are the panthers more dynamic than the eagles....I don't think so.  So we'll see come Friday if all the talk fits the walk for both of us.  I still have Buna up by  14 when the clock strikes zero.  [i][b]Teams are putting 11 guys in the box trying to stop Buna and nobody has come close yet.[/b][/i]  And at the end of this contest, be honest either way it goes, tell me if Buna aint the hardest hitting team you've seen this year. 
[/quote]

Didn't HF hold the Cougars to 21 pts?  Orangefield held them to 7?  I seriously doubt we can shut them down for 4 qtrs, but in all honesty, Buna will find it more difficult to stop our offense more so than Anahuac stopping their offense.  Bottom line, players have to show up and execute!

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="867668" timestamp="1286444865"]
Anahuac wins and wouldsmith doesn't come back on here
[/quote]

Awwwww.....I'm touched

Sure are a bunch of Buna haters on here....most of them victims and a few soon to be victims.  Cheer up fellas....its Just a forum and predictions

[quote name="wouldsmith" post="867808" timestamp="1286464628"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=73841.msg867668#msg867668 date=1286444865]
[/quote]

Awwwww.....I'm touched

Sure are a bunch of Buna haters on here....most of them victims and a few soon to be victims.  Cheer up fellas....its Just a forum and [i][b]predictions[/b][/i]
[/quote]

Exactly...everything [u]on paper[/u] points to the Panthers winning this game, so technically I would think all predictions would be for AP to win.  Still have to take care of business on the field, which is out of my control.  Now, rooting and pulling for your team is different and by all means do so - anything can happen, right? 

[quote name="Dirty D" post="867974" timestamp="1286476405"]
In this District you turn it over you lose. The team who turns it over the least in this game will win.
[/quote]

I think it's more like all districts - but what happens if neither team has any turnovers?  More importantly, it's not the turnovers themselves that kill teams, rather it's the points off turnovers that does it. 

Guest Grinder

[/quote]Buna offense will put Anahuac defense on the ground, Buna defense can`t be stopped. They play well together,  but not with others. ;D  Panthers get ready for a long ride home, Hardin talked themselves into a beating, Anahuac doing the same thing. Come on down to Cougar town Panthers, your definitely gonna know where you`ve been when you leave.
Hope we have some descent refs.

[quote name="Grinder" post="868072" timestamp="1286483963"]

[/quote]Buna offense will put Anahuac defense on the ground, Buna defense can`t be stopped. They play well together,  but not with others. ;D  Panthers get ready for a long ride home, Hardin talked themselves into a beating, Anahuac doing the same thing. Come on down to Cougar town Panthers, your definitely gonna know where you`ve been when you leave.
Hope we have some descent refs.
[/quote]

You are talking trash and follow it with, "Hope we have some descent [sic] refs."  It does not sound like you are very confident in your prediction.   

Guest HardinHornets
Hardin posters talking trash? I have not seen that this year on this website. I did see it last year though.

Buna by a TD, or maybe even a point from an Anahuac missed Xtra Point.

[quote name="Cowboys" post="868305" timestamp="1286501924"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=73841.msg867668#msg867668 date=1286444865]
[/quote]

I second this motion.  He's like arguing with a brick wall.

Y'all just don't play well with others do y'all.  If someone goes against what y'all say y'all get in a tissie  Lol. Grow up Geez
[/quote]

[quote name="HardinHornets" post="868331" timestamp="1286502692"]
Hardin posters talking trash? I have not seen that this year on this website. I did see it last year though.

Buna by a TD, or maybe even a point from an Anahuac missed Xtra Point.

I do like the way you think Hardin.
[/quote]

[quote name="HORNETS_FAN" post="867661" timestamp="1286432676"]
I don't think the as many weapons was an insult.. just they don't move the ball around to as many different ppl as hardin does.. they will run 5 plays and the ball will go to 5 different ppl.. if hardin had the kids anahuac had... oh my... that's all I have to say..
[/quote]

Yeah, I really get that. When we (Warren) played Anahuac, the roster was ridiculous. We knew that going into the game, but to get the one sheet of paper with Warren's roster on one side and Anahuac's on the other, well...you just had to see it. There was no need to count players, just flip it over. Anahuac easily had double (probably more than double) the players that we have.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder