PNG D

surfer73

[quote name="tappedout" post="865364" timestamp="1286162216"]
Maybe neither one of you can read and comprehend. As I stated, our inside LB's were not blocked on several play's. I did not state that the Nederland line was not blocking. It was very evident that our defensive front was being blocked well for most of the night.
[/quote]
Well when you mostly run a 3 man D front your not gonna get alot of pressure on a QB. To many O linemen to block and then throw in a blocking back and each linemen are double teamed. I don't see a 3 man D line getting much pressure on a passing QB ! I agree with your statement about the linebackers. They may be to small for that inside position. Oh well I'm not the coach and BF is. Maybe change will happen, if not, oh well, I will still pull for the NDN's no matter what happens.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tappedout" post="865127" timestamp="1286141278"]
After watching the replay of PNG/NED, our LB's were non-existent in this game and I have noticed this since the Gregory-Portland game. They sit back and wait for the ball carrier to come to them and then don't make the tackle's. I'm not going to put the # but his reaction time and speed is keeping him out of position to make play's. I'm sure the coaches will see a lot of this on film and I can see changes starting next Friday. There is no way Nederland should have been able to line up in the wildcat and get 6-7 yard's a carry, but if you go back and watch the game and watch the LB's then you see why they were able to be so successful with that play. DJ was doubleteamed all night and for the most part our LB's were not even blocked and they didn't make play's. Last year's defense was so good because we had agressive LB's that made play's in every game. When the DB's are constantly having to come up and make tackle's on run's up the middle then you know your not getting consistent play out of the LB's. Nederland's defense played us so well against the run because their LB's were making play's. I believe we will see some change's coming up and if not be prepared to keep seeing the same result's.
[/quote]
The alignment against wildcat was the problem not the linebackers.

[quote name="desethion" post="865503" timestamp="1286201672"]
why doesnt png put the jv quarterback from last year at inside lb. he is a big kids. he is getting waited sitting behind doty. he could help at alot of spots. he can actually run cause i saw he score from distance against ozen last year at qb
[/quote]
Well that is a good thought. I would however like to see the D coordinator try out some of the other guys on the sidelines or even try out one of the JV linebackers. They have some good size and great speed and are head up players. I think the key is going to be finding a way to get more pressure up front on the line. I find it almost impossible with a 3 man front. Even in the NFL the teams that run alot of 3 man fronts have difficulty getting into the backfield. Penetration and pressure are the keys in HS football for a D. Once you can establish you can pressure a QB your bound to have the QB start making bad choices and make bad throws which leads to higher interceptions and more 3 and outs. PNG's key is getting the ball back to the O. Thats the key for us. Let our O do what they do best, put points up on the board. Without changes in the D the only way for us to win is to flatout outscore the other team. I guess the speculation of our D is about worn out. If we stay with the same players and D thats fine. Maybe something will click and the D will begin to step up. I'm hoping for the best. All the boys do play hard. We are just not getting the breaks like we had last year. We have been in every game and have lost by a TD or less. But from here on out for this season its gonna have to be a win out and maybe get to the playoffs or ........

Guest tappedout
They were using 4 lineman and using another OLB from the end with the 2 ILB in the middle. So it was more like a 5 man front with 2-LB's and the LB's were waiting on the ball carrier to come to them. So without a doubt our ILB's are not agressive enough and was the main reason we could not stop the run. Whenever you watch it on tape, then you see the problem and I am certain there will be some change's by the coaching staff.

tap, I have absolutely no reading or comprehension problems. That was uncalled for. You say your LBs stand there waiting for the ball carier and then don't tackle. Any self-respecting coach would have yanked them right there on the spot, let alone have it carry over into more than one game. If my LBs aren't hitting the holes and covering their gaps, then they will be on the sidelines until they can learn how to do it right. I still say we (NED) blocked well all night, especially on the wildcat.

hey baddog,  watch the game again!!!!!!  The linebackers were waiting on the RB to come to them and not being aggressive and missing tackles....The linebackers should have been outright exploding and knocking the crap out of the RB's....They were waiting on the RB to come to them....A little timid maybe!! Put someone out there than wants to hit somebody and isnt afraid to attack instead of standing there and getting attacked!!!  Comprehend that!!!

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="865673" timestamp="1286218713"]
hey baddog,  watch the game again!!!!!!  The linebackers were waiting on the RB to come to them and not being aggressive and missing tackles....The linebackers should have been outright exploding and knocking the crap out of the RB's....They were waiting on the RB to come to them....A little timid maybe!! Put someone out there than wants to hit somebody and isnt afraid to attack instead of standing there and getting attacked!!!  Comprehend that!!!
[/quote][quote author=baddog link=topic=73577.msg865675#msg865675 date=1286218812]
Hey, comprehend this!!!!! Guess you didn't read my post either. They should have been yanked.
[/quote]

I'd be willing to bet that if this is an issue --it will show up on game film and should get addressed there.  Hopefully there is still enough season left for both of these teams.  BTW--fox sports did a good story late last night on Mid County  Madness

Guest tappedout
LULUJUJU must have watched the same game I watched. I believe I stated that yall's line did block well but on several of the run's out of the wildcat left the LB's unblocked and Sonnier made play's. Sonnier is a stud! From what I understand is there will be some change's at the LB position. So someone seen the same thing that I seen.

[quote name="tappedout" post="866203" timestamp="1286251589"]
LULUJUJU must have watched the same game I watched. I believe I stated that yall's line did block well but on several of the run's out of the wildcat left the LB's unblocked and Sonnier made play's. Sonnier is a stud! From what I understand is there will be some change's at the LB position. So someone seen the same thing that I seen.
[/quote]Watched the game again last night , Tap you are right most of the time the backers are on their heals waiting on the blocks and the backs and catching them instead of delivering the hit..

NO! Ya'll are all wrong! baddog is the only one on here that knows anything about PNG's defensive struggles. Most people know that defenses are designed for the d-line to take up blocks, freeing the linebackers to make plays...at least people with any football knowledge. baddog takes this as an insult to nederland's o-line, which is not what tappedout or anyone else has said. Everyone gives them credit, they did a great job. Get over yourself baddog, you look foolish. The tape doesn't lie, we need more aggressive play from our LB's and with some changes and getting back one of our LB's will hopefully do the trick.

I don't have to get over myself and I don't look foolish at all. It's just that no one else can have an opinion about PNG except PNG. Are you saying that blocking schemes don't include taking out LBs? We never blocked your LBs, they just stood there. I just don't believe that happened all night. Look, maybe you got your panties wadded because someone outside of PNG has a comment on how your team performed. We all know how expert these message board types can be don't we? Tapped never gave credit to Ned's line until after my post. He said there was ''no way Nederland should have been successful on these wildcat plays''. No way??? Maybe you're just sore because you lost and I'm from Nederland. How lame is that? It's just a football game.

[quote name="baddog" post="866645" timestamp="1286314837"]
I don't have to get over myself and I don't look foolish at all. It's just that no one else can have an opinion about PNG except PNG. Are you saying that blocking schemes don't include taking out LBs? We never blocked your LBs, they just stood there. I just don't believe that happened all night. Look, maybe you got your panties wadded because someone outside of PNG has a comment on how your team performed. We all know how expert these message board types can be don't we? Tapped never gave credit to Ned's line until after my post. He said there was ''no way Nederland should have been successful on these wildcat plays''. No way??? Maybe you're just sore because you lost and I'm from Nederland. How lame is that? It's just a football game.
[/quote]
You know Baddog --maybe you ought to do the three legged trick on this thread.
It just might cool things off  ;D

Guest tappedout
I said they should not have been able to get 6-7 yard's on every play. Now I know that you can't read and comprehend. There is NO WAY that you can tell me that can. The topic was PNG'S D, not Nederland's offensive line. I believe on another thread before anything was said on this one that I complimented Nederland's whole team and staff. So get your fact's straight. Without a doubt Sonnier energized their offense and PNG had no answer for him or anyone else. I hope that they keep this momentum going forward. I believe Basebow is a Nederland fan and seen exactly what I observed. Were sorry if you just can't see thing's for what they are, but when you can't read and comprehend how can we expect you to get this.

Man, you can't comprehend what you wrote yourself, yet you make fun of mine. Here is part of your quote from page 2......There is [b]no way[/b] Nederland should have been able to line up in the wildcat and get 6-7 yard's a carry.... Sound familiar? You wrote it. Isn't it verbatim? What's the difference between saying 6-7 yards and being successful? That is successful.

This is a public forum. People from all teams read and post on all kinds of topics. If you don't want Nederland people confronting you when you say stuff like ''no way'', then maybe you should just post on the PNG board.

[quote name="baddog" post="866767" timestamp="1286326553"]
Man, you can't comprehend what you wrote yourself, yet you make fun of mine. Here is part of your quote from page 2......There is [b]no way[/b] Nederland should have been able to line up in the wildcat and get 6-7 yard's a carry.... Sound familiar? You wrote it. Isn't it verbatim? What's the difference between saying 6-7 yards and being successful? That is successful.

This is a public forum. People from all teams read and post on all kinds of topics. If you don't want Nederland people confronting you when you say stuff like ''no way'', then maybe you should just post on the PNG board.
[/quote]Sickem Baddog sickem. ;D

Guest tappedout
Baddog,

What part do you not understand, they shouldn't have been able to line up and gain 6-7 yard's a carry. The LB's didn't do their job. One of your own fan's watched the replay and seen the same thing. I don't understand why you are having a problem understanding it. I really do believe that you are a dummy!

I think the point is that the PNG staff thought after 4 weeks of football, that these were there best, so the point is moot.  Whether there were other LB's in there or not, the game was played like it was played with the best PNG's staff had to offer.  It's over, time to move on, try again next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476