Galena Park in the top 10 in the Houston area...9/27

BrenhamFan

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="858949" timestamp="1285596592"]
Ya I agree...  I'm not sold on NS though.  I think they're a bit overrated.  They seem to win in district and choke in big games.  I was just wondering about GP, cuz I never see any of their fans on here.
[/quote]

even on good years, their following seems slim. Don't really know what's up with that.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="858949" timestamp="1285596592"]
Ya I agree...  I'm not sold on NS though.  I think they're a bit overrated.  They seem to win in district and choke in big games.  I was just wondering about GP, cuz I never see any of their fans on here.
[/quote] NS has always been over rated IMO... They kinda have the same feel as BH you know their noses are stuck up. ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="858957" timestamp="1285597136"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=73573.msg858949#msg858949 date=1285596592]
[/quote] NS has always been over rated IMO... They kinda have the same feel as BH you know their noses are stuck up. ;D
[/quote]

don't make me bend you over Tyrone's knee again and spank you....... ;D ;D ;D

It's funny that yall say NS is overrated.  They lost to a good Katy team but have been ripping their latest competition apart. I still hold true to what I said before their district.  They will NOT lost to both West Brook and PA Memorial this year.  One of these teams will take the fall to them, but who? 

Galena Park is looking impressive.  I'm just anxious to see if they can stay consistant.  They may have their hands full with Dayton, but something tells me that they will squeek one out...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="859288" timestamp="1285621291"]
It's funny that yall say NS is overrated.  They lost to a good Katy team but have been ripping their latest competition apart. I still hold true to what I said before their district.  They will NOT lost to both West Brook and PA Memorial this year.  One of these teams will take the fall to them, but who? 

Galena Park is looking impressive.  I'm just anxious to see if they can stay consistant.  They may have their hands full with Dayton, but something tells me that they will squeek one out...
[/quote]

That Central and GP are squeaky........ ;D ;D  I don't ever count out NS.  How can you? 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="858941" timestamp="1285595786"]
:o I don't remember this ever happening before?  The Yellow Jackets are tied at 9 in the Houston area top 10.  For a team that's 4-0 and has the best stats in 19-4A, they're sure quiet...  Are there any Galena Park fans on here?  If so, enjoy and support your teams success!
[/quote] i think not. i remember when they was 10-0 and came to south east tx and got the brakes beat off them by ozen so that
ranking means nothing!!!

I think that GP doesn't get a lot of exposure is because they haven't consistently been a playoff team, or power, and they are over-shadowed by North Shore.  When you say Galena Park, people automatically think of Galena Park North Shore, not Galena Park High School.  Also, the school location is off of Clinton drive near the ship channel (610) bridge.  They are probably known more for basketball than football.  They sit between North Shore and Deer Park.

I think that Dayton will win this game.  I haven't seen either team play this year.
I give Dayton the edge based upon tradition.

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="859300" timestamp="1285621778"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=73573.msg858941#msg858941 date=1285595786]
:o I don't remember this ever happening before?  The Yellow Jackets are tied at 9 in the Houston area top 10.  For a team that's 4-0 and has the best stats in 19-4A, they're sure quiet...  Are there any Galena Park fans on here?  If so, enjoy and support your teams success!
[/quote] i think not. i remember when they was 10-0 and came to south east tx and got the brakes beat off them by ozen so that
ranking means nothing!!!
[/quote]Aw dude, I was there.  I was like, this is 'turble, turble, turble' (in my Charles Barkley voice).  What was that final score?  63-7 or something? 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="859320" timestamp="1285622269"]
[quote author=bmtqj33 link=topic=73573.msg859300#msg859300 date=1285621778]
ranking means nothing!!!
[/quote]Aw dude, I was there.  I was like, this is 'turble, turble, turble' (in my Charles Barkley voice).  What was that final score?  63-7 or something? 
[/quote]yes sir! we will see if they have what it takes this year!

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="859337" timestamp="1285622874"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73573.msg859320#msg859320 date=1285622269]
ranking means nothing!!!
[/quote]They was looking like they didn't even belong on the field with Ozen that night...  I remember telling friends, 'this team is undefeated!  And this Ozen team lost like 4 games...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="859288" timestamp="1285621291"]

[/quote]

NS is good, but they are talked up to be on Katy's level.  That being said, I just think they get more credit than they deserve.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="859409" timestamp="1285628023"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73573.msg859288#msg859288 date=1285621291]

[/quote]

NS is good, but they are talked up to be on Katy's level.  That being said, I just think they get more credit than they deserve.
[/quote]yeah, this  ^^^^

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="859300" timestamp="1285621778"]
:o I don't remember this ever happening before?  The Yellow Jackets are tied at 9 in the Houston area top 10.  For a team that's 4-0 and has the best stats in 19-4A, they're sure quiet...  Are there any Galena Park fans on here?  If so, enjoy and support your teams success!
ranking means nothing!!!
[/quote]

It's nice to have, and it shows the kids at GP that hard work pays off.  It means nothing to you, but it might to those kids.  I say congrats to them!  They've earned it.  Now they get to to defend it.  I would say the same thing if Ozen was ranked, but their not.  Let them have their glory until somebody beats them.  Who knows, you might be seeing them this year, if both teams make the playoffs.

Funny thing about Karma....GP ISD was instrumental in moving Dayton out of 19-4A and sticking them in 20-4A a few years ago.  After being peeved about driving that far to games and not being able to make a few of them, it was the best thing to happen to the program in Dayton.  Something about learning to win the big game in a tough atmosphere just seemed to tranfer to the playoffs after years of seemingly being snake-bitten in the early rounds.  Regardless of the competition debate between the two districts, the atmosphere/fan support/community involvement easily goes to 20-4A.  Similar to what Matt said....GP is 4-0 and probably has a pretty good team....I'd be SHOCKED if there were 500 ppl there Friday.  Kinda like when King brought all of 37 people to a home game for the district championship 2 years ago.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
GP is 4-0 and their offense seems to be really potent but they haven't played a team that has better athletes than them...yet. And I will say, the King score is misleading. They hammered King but the Panthers never punted once, instead they rushed for over 300 yards and fumbled the ball 5 times, losing it all 5 times. I think GP is better than the last few years, and I'd be willing to bet they are pretty potent, but this week will be the real measuring stick. I doubt they will measure up.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="859341" timestamp="1285623034"]
[quote author=bmtqj33 link=topic=73573.msg859337#msg859337 date=1285622874]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73573.msg859320#msg859320 date=1285622269]
ranking means nothing!!!
[/quote]They was looking like they didn't even belong on the field with Ozen that night...  I remember telling friends, 'this team is undefeated!  And this Ozen team lost like 4 games...
[/quote]
That Ozen team was pretty good.  I think they lost to PN-G but beat Ned.  All 3 finished tied that year and Ozen ran through them like a hot knife through butter.  Funny thing, GP beat Dayton in overtime to win district that year.  That was back when the older Dugat played and Dayton ran out of the I...

[quote name="rgz2015" post="859801" timestamp="1285679500"]
I'm a new member on here that's a fan of Galena Park. I just responded on the Dayton or Galena Park thread with a pretty lengthy overview of Galena Park to give some of the Dayton fans some info. I am really pleased with how the Galena Park season is going so far. I am not dumb enough though to go running my mouth around because the best is still yet to come starting this week with one of the best 1-3 teams possible. Yes we are many times overlooked because of our neighbor North Shore who gets all of the media around here. I have to disagree thought with the comment that there will be less than 500 people at the game on Friday. If it was an away game I would absolutely agree with that statement, but I think that with us being 4-0, playing a great football team such as Dayton, and it being a home game for us that we will manage to have more than 500 people there.
[/quote] well I hope there is lts of fans on both sides.. the more the better.. The boys need us ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami