SHSU - Lamar Game Thread/ SAM WINS 38-10

TexasTerror

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bruinfan2006" post="864466" timestamp="1286067405"]
Lamar lost possession on an incomplete pass not a fumble... stupid refs are not calling the right penalities. Refs are ruining this game

[/quote]

I disagree. The Cardinal defense has been unable to stop the inside option and overcommits to the play action.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="864451" timestamp="1286067020"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=73538.msg864450#msg864450 date=1286066951]
Now that there is game films on Lamar looks like people are able to prepare for them. Good luck Cards.
[/quote]

There's been game film on Lamar. Whitten isn't new to the SLC. Teams should be able to prepare for him based on old Sam game film and now the few games Lamar has played.
[/quote]Its not the same alot of the offense may be the same but you need to be able to see the players and know who is capable of what.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="864486" timestamp="1286067966"]
[quote author=bruinfan2006 link=topic=73538.msg864466#msg864466 date=1286067405]
Lamar lost possession on an incomplete pass not a fumble... stupid refs are not calling the right penalities. Refs are ruining this game

[/quote]

I disagree. The Cardinal defense has been unable to stop the inside option and overcommits to the play action.
[/quote]

Absolutely!  They do not play their 'responsibility'.  They overcommit big time.  Plus, their defense just does not appear to be very good.  Coleman and Garrett make some big time plays but other than that we just aren't getting it done

[quote name="JJWooten" post="864533" timestamp="1286069258"]
Another Bevil pick. I think he could be a good QB if he made smarter reads. He seems to just throw it up and hope a Card comes down with it.
[/quote]

He doesn't make reads.  He already knows where he is throwing before the ball is snapped.  No matter what the defense is doing.  And if the guy isn't open he'll either throw it for a pick anyway or just hang on to the ball forever until he gets sacked. 

I think it is crap that Hussey got benched after fumbling the second time.  Was the fumble really his fault or did Bevil screw up again on the handoff?  No matter who's fault it was, it is bs that Hussey was benched.  If you want to bench someone for turnovers then Bevil should be so far down the bench he'd never come back. 

Bevil looks scared now.  He is scared to take a hit.  We need a qb that will man up.

Bevil needs to learn to read defenses. It's like he's playing a video game and chooses what he wants without realizing that teams can disguise their blitz packages. Bevil had 310 yards, which is great on paper, but it's because of the huge play by Jackson. When you complete only about 50% of your plays, it shows that you're just chunking it down field and getting the big plays.

As for Hussey, I agree, he should have not been benched. The team finished the game with -23 yards, primarily because of Bevil's sacks. There were only 9 rushing plays total. I think Whitten and Woodard gave up on the run too early. It makes playing against Lamar very easy. If the defense knows you aren't going to run it, they can design blitz packages to attack you.

SHSU has a good QB! anyone know what grade he is in? Found out he's a true Fresh. Not bad at all

& I would like to see another QB get a chance, not saying Bevil isn't the best QB on the team but when your down and out give another guy a chance to see what he can do..I'd also like to see the O-line block better, the Defense hit somebody with intensity and Billy Chavis used more.

There is a whole lot to say about tonights game but I really don't know where to start and I need time to sort through my thoughts.  For tonight I will just say that I'm trying to figure out the McNeese game in light of the last 2 weeks and what that means.  It is pretty evident that the Cowboys are not as good this year as in the last 10 or so but I think the first game we played above the level of our capabilities right now.  There are big question marks right now on both sides of the ball.  Lots of work to be done.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="864723" timestamp="1286077572"]
Bevil needs to learn to read defenses. It's like he's playing a video game and chooses what he wants without realizing that teams can disguise their blitz packages. Bevil had 310 yards, which is great on paper, but it's because of the huge play by Jackson. When you complete only about 50% of your plays, it shows that you're just chunking it down field and getting the big plays.

As for Hussey, I agree, he should have not been benched. The team finished the game with -23 yards, primarily because of Bevil's sacks. There were only 9 rushing plays total. I think Whitten and Woodard gave up on the run too early. It makes playing against Lamar very easy. If the defense knows you aren't going to run it, they can design blitz packages to attack you.

[/quote]May be a reason Whitten is not at Sam anymore, I,ve watched them play over the past 4 years and they have not been very goo when he was there. jmo

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami