Mid-County Madness Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="856228" timestamp="1285386348"]
Last season a fluke?
[/quote]
Just the typical drop off after PN-G does well.  Also, PN-G won some close games last year and now they're losing them the same....

Purely looking at what has happened so far, PN-G could win big.  I doubt Nederland can stop PN-G's offense.  And it looks like PN-G's defense, while lacking some-what, might be able to control Nederland's offense.  If Vidor could control it I think at this point PN-G can as well.  IMHO.      

All bets are off for this one...

Nederland will take this one, that's my call.

In the past few years, that I have watched this game, I have seen NED teams that should have rolled over PNG, lose.  I have seen wonderful kickers (boast about making the winning FG before the game) to only miss it WIDE RIGHT, and lose the game on their home field. 

You just can't measure who's better for this one, it doesn't matter.

However, we will miss stomping on the p & w endzone.  Its so pretty!!!! 

IMO, Do wish the district would move this game to the last in the season. 

Go Dogs!

I'm taking the opposite approach. PNG will win it, but then again I've been wrong 3 weeks out of 4! The game is in Nederland and this is Mid-County Madness, so as willforever says... all bets are off. My Indians have all three of their losses by a score with just seconds on the clock. I'm hoping they take it out on some Bulldogs. Lets hope both teams play hard and stay healthy.

Nederland is not a good football team this year at all, the only thing that will get them through the Ned/PNG game is the rivalry factor... Other than that it "should" be an easy win for PNG.

In my opinion it is a huge mistake pulling the sophmore qb out and playing the senior,,, Nederland is going to have another off year no matter who plays QB. All this decision does is guarantee that next years Bulldog team will be as mediorce (which is a stretch to predict) as this team, why not give him some experience? Nederland has some good little players but they just cant get it together top to bottom,,,

Nederland gave up over 300 yards on the ground to Vidor! I don't care if this is Midcounty Madness..I don't care if this will be at Nederland's home. PNG will beat Nederland by 21 points. Nederland's defense just can't stop the run and the big pass plays. They make huge mistakes every game. Yes PNG has given up huge chunks of yardage but the offense knows how to put up the points on the board. 35-14 is my prediction.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="856703" timestamp="1285428184"]
Nederland gave up over 300 yards on the ground to Vidor! I don't care if this is Midcounty Madness..I don't care if this will be at Nederland's home. PNG will beat Nederland by 21 points. Nederland's defense just can't stop the run and the big pass plays. They make huge mistakes every game. Yes PNG has given up huge chunks of yardage but the offense knows how to put up the points on the board. 35-14 is my prediction.
[/quote]& png gave up 476nyards of rushing nederland is in this game as well its a toss up!

Guest tappedout
Was last season a fluke? I don't think so. It's a new season with new player's and last year we had a lot of good luck on our side. This year we are seeing some bad luck with different player's. We will still make the playoff's and exit in the 2nd round. This could be a good thing, if we go 10-0 again then we would probally lose our coaching staff that has really been good for our school in many way's other than just football. Now if we get beat by Nederland than we have big problem's, but I don't see that happening. I really don't want to predict anything because as bad as we have looked on defense, we could be in another shootout. I was asked last night "Is Livingston's offense that good or is our defense that bad." This morning my answer would be BOTH. Were pretty small at LB and in the secondary and we have guy's getting hurt every week. We lost Knox in the 2nd half and we really looked bad. Looking for everything to start going our way after a victory against Nederland.

[quote name="Michael" post="856687" timestamp="1285427398"]
Nederland is not a good football team this year at all, the only thing that will get them through the Ned/PNG game is the rivalry factor... Other than that it "should" be an easy win for PNG.

In my opinion it is a huge mistake pulling the sophmore qb out and playing the senior,,, Nederland is going to have another off year no matter who plays QB. All this decision does is guarantee that next years Bulldog team will be as mediorce (which is a stretch to predict) as this team, why not give him some experience? Nederland has some good little players but they just cant get it together top to bottom,,,
[/quote]

IMHO.

Those little guys have it together and are waiting for the chance, no, TURN, on the BIG stage.  NED, as I have said before, has a lot to look forward to in the next several years.  I don't see a PNG victory over NED probably 3 out of the 5 next seasons. 

Knod goes to SR QB, always has.
REBUILDING years are apart of High School football.  That's a fact. 
GO DOGS!

[quote name="biaplayer" post="857763" timestamp="1285469184"]
Nederland doesnt have a chance of stopping pngs offense the question is can png s defense find a heartbeat and stop the bulldogs offense. PNG will put up the points the sad thing is the may give up the points too!
[/quote]I don't think Nederland will show you a good running game like Livingston did.You man just need to worry about the air attack by Forney.  Probably one dmentional.  I think yall will get on the winning trackhere, man..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder