Before Your Son Leaves For His Game Tonight And Friday

skipper

The hardest thing to do for a parent is let your kids go and play a varsity football game, especially a QB, especially a big game...unfortunately, he's the target everyone wants to hit...any chance an opposing team gets....after all the years in the game, as a player and a coach, saying goodbye to my son the morning of a game as the parent, eats me up inside..........but he's fun to watch...lol! 

This is a good thread, because its stops and makes you think about whats really important in life. My son too, was quarterback in high school, and everytime he got back up after a play me and his mom were thankful. We never really talked that much about it, but we knew every game he came back home healthy was a blessing. Seen him lift up his shirt battered and bruised many times, but if you've seen the documentray on ESPN2, "Boys of Fall" most of you understand why they do it, and why we did it when we were in school..Tell you something else I learned too, I "never" criticize a high school QB, or any of the players for that matter, because I'll guarantee you, their giving it all they got for    about $6.00 a ticket..Just go have fun guys...Good luck to WOS the rest of the year,and God bless all you guys..Us old guys may get on here and give each other a hard time , but we love all you guys that play the game..Stay safe and enjoy those Friday nights!

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="854456" timestamp="1285270387"]
This is a good thread, because its stops and makes you think about whats really important in life. My son too, was quarterback in high school, and everytime he got back up after a play me and his mom were thankful. We never really talked that much about it, but we knew every game he came back home healthy was a blessing. Seen him lift up his shirt battered and bruised many times, but if you've seen the documentray on ESPN2, "Boys of Fall" most of you understand why they do it, and why we did it when we were in school..Tell you something else I learned too, I "never" criticize a high school QB, or any of the players for that matter, because I'll guarantee you, their giving it all they got for    about $6.00 a ticket..Just go have fun guys...Good luck to WOS the rest of the year,and God bless all you guys..Us old guys may get on here and give each other a hard time , but we love all you guys that play the game..Stay safe and enjoy those Friday nights!
[/quote]

Amen, brother !

all this week i tryed to find comford  with in my soul but its hard untell i found this one song done by elvis presley called your never walk alone.  the first thing i thought about was not myself but the garrett familey and the west orange stark football team ,now i feel so much better after hearing this song. if you know it the words will ease your heart

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami