20-4A

I agree kids and dads shouldnt be out saying that little johnny is gonna come in and take a spot but ill be the first to admit, that while on the deck, I tell my freshman to go out-hustle, out-prepair and out-hit the next guy and set goals high. Chances are slim to none of ANY freshman EVER being on a varsity squad but it does happen, seen it with my own eyes..... ;D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="XDOG" post="863592" timestamp="1285994774"]
Imo Smith will lead Nederland to a district championship. Who will the #2 be? thats my question. What will the line up be?
[/quote]My guess and I repeat guess...1st base Brown /Pitts 2nd Stevo Short Sonnier 3rd T.Fontenot Catcher Babino Center Rains/C. Richard  Left M.Sanderson/Pitts  Right ???...But you have to think Pitts Smith will be in the line up some where when they are not pitching got to have  those bats...Nederland is very lucky to have all the talent they have and up and comeing talent...It will not suprise me to see Babinos brother on Varsity some time this year as a freshman.. I would like to see Stamply with a first basemans glove on... We also have J. Richard(DH) who can hit the long ball he will get a shot at 1st ....So this being said I am glad I'm not Cody Robins ..... This is all in fun  :P PITCHING Smith .Brown .Pitts.Rains.T.Fontenot. Cole who can also play outfield.C.Richard.R.Quinn NO PARTICULAR ORDER ...Let me know if you need a batting order ;D

[quote name="tappedout" post="861332" timestamp="1285818390"]
Basebow,

Good thing your boy play's short or he was going to take his position,huh. LOL!!!!
[/quote]Funny you say that...Last year before the season started Trevin and a few of the boys were hitting at the school ...AND THIS CERTAIN DAD WHOS SON WAS IN THE 8TH GRADE(THE SAME DAD) ....Told Trevin to find a new postion because his son was going to be the new 3rd baseman in 2010.. Trevin said I don't think I am playing 3rd this year ...WOW...But when my son was a freshman I felt the same way these dads do ... he is the best he is the best ;D Everybody thinks they have raised the best ball players..But you would not have cought me talking to a 17yr old about how my little baby is going to take his postion..

[quote name="heartattack90" post="852624" timestamp="1285058796"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=72957.msg848206#msg848206 date=1284592229]
1.  [b]PNG[/b]-  2 D1 players in Stone and Jalali.  Stone is the best returning pitcher in the district.  Throw in Gizzi, Denzlinger, Knox etc and the  
            Indians should be tough.  Can Brevel win district in his 1st year on the job?

2.  [b]Nederland[/b]-  Bellow and Laird left some big shoes to fill.  Smith, Pitts, Brown, and Raines all have talent, but haven't thrown many varsity
                    innings. They will have to step up for the Dogs to have a shot at the district title.  Offensively they should be fine led by
                    TCU signee Sonnier, Smith, Schlett, and Pitts.  

3. [b] Vidor[/b]-  With Armstrong, Hagler, and Maxwell on the mound, Vidor looks to have a solid staff.  Needs some bats to step up and to play better
              defense, but the Pirates should make the postseason.

4.  [b]LCM[/b]-  Griff re-loads every year, so they will make the playoffs again and win a few series.  Ryan Cariline was really impressive on the  
             mound and at the plate this past summer, so I expect big things from him.

5. Lumberton

6. Livingston

7. Ozen

8.  Central
[/quote]What D1 School is looking at Amir...Last I heard he has not committed to anybody...I will go with Nederland with the rotation they have SMITH BROWN PITTS RAINS FONTENOT... COLE will also eat some innings... All with varsity experiance ..png has Stone & Knox ??? who else to pitch...I guess Stone will have alot of innings this year...He had about 6 innings in district last year..
[/quote]
There is also a 6' 5" RH pitcher named Ryan Quinn who is an excellent starter. Will give Nederland some good innings. Ryan had a really good summer with the Gladiators and will do very well as a pitcher for varsity next season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="BaseBow" post="897132" timestamp="1288952612"]
[quote author=JMcShan link=topic=72957.msg883677#msg883677 date=1287776791]
Vidor is good on the mound wouldn't count them out by no means. I know PNG has a heavy roster. So it will be tough.
[/quote]Who does Vidor have comeing back besides Kyle Green ;D
[/quote]I believe Vidor has 7 of its 9 starters back...Key loss being Hester. Hunter Hagler will be the ace for Vidor with Maxwell and Peno both being very solid also. Hesters cousin Kerry which was lost to injury(season ending knee) early in the season last year as a soph. can throw it pretty good as well.

Guest JoesBros
Curtis Watkins who pitched pretty decent last season should be in the rotation as well. Mojica is the best lead off hitter in the district is back as well.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="900156" timestamp="1289100141"]
Curtis Watkins who pitched pretty decent last season should be in the rotation as well. Mojica is the best lead off hitter in the district is back as well.
[/quote]Very true...It seems like we will not have 1 dominate guy this year but quiet a few that will give us some quality starts. Vidor baseball has a bright future..Me and a few others such as piratefan have been around the youth programs the last 4 or 5 years and there is some talent on the way up also.

Guest JoesBros
Yea I have to hear Corey talk every week during the football season  about how awesome his coaching is  :D But IMO there is no one leader on this up coming seasons team. The Majority of the kids on this team have been on varsity since their soph year I think its District title or bust this season IMO

[quote name="JoesBros" post="900441" timestamp="1289147534"]
Yea I have to hear Corey talk every week during the football season  about how awesome his coaching is  :D But IMO there is no one leader on this up coming seasons team. The Majority of the kids on this team have been on varsity since their soph year I think its District title or bust this season IMO
[/quote]Kyle better look out.......We can coach up some 10 and 12 year old kids..lol

it was ask about the bears:  should be solid.  vaughn, waddell, gonzales, smith,and allen for senior leadership and talent. and strong support from juniors fults, blem, adams, and carline.....  nice to have fults back pitching again ..  adams, vaughn and waddell look to have their bats in mid season form... 

[quote name="pirate68" post="899640" timestamp="1289082130"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=72957.msg897132#msg897132 date=1288952612]
[quote author=JMcShan link=topic=72957.msg883677#msg883677 date=1287776791]
Vidor is good on the mound wouldn't count them out by no means. I know PNG has a heavy roster. So it will be tough.
[/quote]Who does Vidor have comeing back besides Kyle Green ;D
[/quote]I believe Vidor has 7 of its 9 starters back...Key loss being Hester. Hunter Hagler will be the ace for Vidor with Maxwell and Peno both being very solid also. Hesters cousin Kerry which was lost to injury(season ending knee) early in the season last year as a soph. can throw it pretty good as well.
[/quote]don't forget about v. armstrong. he can bring it also.

[quote name="heartattack90" post="912016" timestamp="1290085292"]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=72957.msg900156#msg900156 date=1289100141]
[/quote]I thought Sonnier led all lead off hitters in average ??? I will take Big Neds guy ;)
[/quote]

Jalali also led off for PNG last year.  I could see Sonnier and Jalali moving back in the lineup this year in more of an RBI spot.  Both could leadoff or hit in the 3 hole.  I like Joe, but he's not in the discussion with those two.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="912464" timestamp="1290122201"]
[quote author=heartattack90 link=topic=72957.msg912016#msg912016 date=1290085292]
[/quote]I thought Sonnier led all lead off hitters in average ??? I will take Big Neds guy ;)
[/quote]

Jalali also led off for PNG last year.  I could see Sonnier and Jalali moving back in the lineup this year in more of an RBI spot.  Both could leadoff or hit in the 3 hole.  I like Joe, but he's not in the discussion with those two.
[/quote]

No doubt Jalali and Sonnier could help their teams in the lead-off or 3-hole but I think both teams will find it easier to fill the 3-hole with other players than to find as good a leadoff as these 2 are. 

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="916446" timestamp="1290442236"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=72957.msg912464#msg912464 date=1290122201]
[quote author=heartattack90 link=topic=72957.msg912016#msg912016 date=1290085292]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No doubt Jalali and Sonnier could help their teams in the lead-off or 3-hole but I think both teams will find it easier to fill the 3-hole with other players than to find as good a leadoff as these 2 are. 
[/quote]Sonnier can bat in the 9 hole if we can start baseball today ;) After this football season I am ready for something else  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83