Angleton at Dayton Game Thread/Angleton Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt that Angleton picked it up in the second half from what I could hear on the radio.
Dayton seemed to be tiring out towards the end of the first half.  The Broncos have a LOT of guys playing both ways. 

I have no dog in this fight, but it just really was amazing to have the game tied at half.  Dayton just appeared to be the far superior team.
Angleton, give them credit, was able to hunker down and somehow keep it close until they could get it turned around.

Angleton found them a couple of running backs to go along with Diggs. 

The score could have been worse, but it sounded like Angleton couldn't do anything with the ball which had alot to do with the tough Dayton defense. Angleton's coaches' must have seen a weakness in the defense and made adjustments at half, because they sounded like they were moving the ball at will that second half.

[quote name="w" post="843804" timestamp="1284172696"]
I thought somebody said Angleton wasn't good this year?  where did I read that?  Maybe back in the Dayton vs WOS scrimmage....they played FW, I think.
[/quote]

The Dayton folks did not think Angleton was any good because FW beat them so easily and then barely beat WOS. Lots of us said Angleton was a one man show, but you have to stop him!!  Funny how things change in a week. FW beats Stafford, our defense played awesome. Stratford lost their starting QB and that hurt them. The preseason last place team in 24-4a beat the pre season favorite in 20-4a, Barbers Hill showed folks that 19-4a has some spunk and Angleton showed folks they are pretty good. Not sure what your post was trying to say - lost your logic.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="844025" timestamp="1284175951"]
[quote author=w link=topic=72790.msg843804#msg843804 date=1284172696]
I thought somebody said Angleton wasn't good this year?  where did I read that?  Maybe back in the Dayton vs WOS scrimmage....they played FW, I think.
[/quote]

The Dayton folks did not think Angleton was any good because FW beat them so easily and then barely beat WOS. Lots of us said Angleton was a one man show, but you have to stop him!!  Funny how things change in a week. FW beats Stafford, our defense played awesome. Stratford lost their starting QB and that hurt them. The preseason last place team in 24-4a beat the pre season favorite in 20-4a, Barbers Hill showed folks that 19-4a has some spunk and Angleton showed folks they are pretty good. Not sure what your post was trying to say - lost your logic.
[/quote]

I don't like anyone from FW but 24-4A is tough.

[quote name="akifan94" post="844031" timestamp="1284176041"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72790.msg844025#msg844025 date=1284175951]
[quote author=w link=topic=72790.msg843804#msg843804 date=1284172696]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't like anyone from FW but 24-4A is tough.
[/quote]

Class act - I do not like you!!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="844101" timestamp="1284177427"]
Fwstangs, did Stratford's injury to their qb look serious?
[/quote]

Yes it did - he was wrapped on crutches and not moving well at all. Carried off the field and into the locker room. Could be done. Shame - he is really good. Turned the game around.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="844150" timestamp="1284178668"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72790.msg844101#msg844101 date=1284177427]
[/quote]

Yes it did - he was wrapped on crutches and not moving well at all. Carried off the field and into the locker room. Could be done. Shame - he is really good. Turned the game around.
[/quote]

So Stratford is legit?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="844165" timestamp="1284179153"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72790.msg844150#msg844150 date=1284178668]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72790.msg844101#msg844101 date=1284177427]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So Stratford is legit?
[/quote]

With that QB, without him they were not tonite. They fumbled two hand off exchanges after the number one went down, both inside the 10, ball game. 14 points in gifts for us! But we did hold their offense to 120 yards in the first half and the number one was in most of that time, so our D did play better!!

Dayton had all the chances early to put up more pts.as Angleton could not move the ball.D did a job containing Diggs but Angleton outplayed Dayton in the second half.What's up w/the passing game?Seems Delasbour was put on defense for his fumbles vs.Elkins but tonight it was everyone else w/the miscues.Good thing for a 100 yd.k/o return by Baldwin in the 4th to keep it close.Second half poor arm tackling by the Bronco defenders.Angleton adjusted @ halftime and turned game around.I don't like open weeks and it showed tonight.

[quote name="liltex" post="844178" timestamp="1284179513"]
Dayton had all the chances early to put up more pts.as Angleton could not move the ball.D did a job containing Diggs but Angleton outplayed Dayton in the second half.What's up w/the passing game?Seems Delasbour was put on defense for his fumbles vs.Elkins but tonight it was everyone else w/the miscues.Good thing for a 100 yd.k/o return by Baldwin in the 4th to keep it close.Second half poor arm tackling by the Bronco defenders.Angleton adjusted @ halftime and turned game around.I don't like open weeks and it showed tonight.
[/quote]
Got to give the dayton defense a pass in the second half with the arm tackles. Angleton had a 6 min drive and the d tired after that. Angleton defense match up well with dayton Offence. dayton couldn't beat them down the field

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23