**** VIDOR @ KIRBYVILLE**** POLL

KFDM COOP

Who Will Win....  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win....

• VIDOR
    • KIRBYVILLE

Based off the body of work so far Vidor isn't going to stop Kirbyville.  Their defense is non existent.  They couldn't contain either team they have played so far and I am not sure either defense they have faced is as good as Kirbyville's as a whole.  Kirbyville will run away with this game in the 2nd half.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Lefty99" post="838907" timestamp="1283623964"]
Based off the body of work so far Vidor isn't going to stop Kirbyville.  Their defense is non existent.  They couldn't contain either team they have played so far and I am not sure either defense they have faced is as good as Kirbyville's as a whole.  Kirbyville will run away with this game in the 2nd half.
[/quote]

"Sic'em  Lefty"..... ;D ;D

[quote name="Lefty99" post="838907" timestamp="1283623964"]
[/quote]

Your wrong lefty, Kirbyville will run away with this game in the 1st half :D

[quote name="Card" post="838965" timestamp="1283628572"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72456.msg838907#msg838907 date=1283623964]
[/quote]

Your wrong lefty, Kirbyville will run away with this game in the 1st half :D
[/quote]

I was being modest. ;) 

[quote name="Lefty99" post="839104" timestamp="1283637484"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=72456.msg839050#msg839050 date=1283633409]
KVille by how many they want before Alvarez steps off the brakes
[/quote]

Don't be surprised if he keeps the gas pedal down.  He is in the process of making statements right now. ;)
[/quote]so i guess we'll be hearing alot of Ford being called?

[/quote]

Don't be surprised if he keeps the gas pedal down.  He is in the process of making statements right now. ;)
[/quote]That would show real class now wouldn't it.

[quote name="pirate68" post="839200" timestamp="1283643485"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72456.msg839104#msg839104 date=1283637484]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I see right now you know Alvarez by name only...He's got as much class as any coach ,coaching..If He runs up the score I will be shocked, He will play all the players he can .. You know all these outlandish predictions are exactly that...Kirbyville will play Vidor and they will play them hard..I'm sure Vidor will do likewise..The outcome remains to be seen lots of things can and has happened before...Predictions are like another part of the anatomy..."everybody has one''..Good Luck To Both Teams... ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="839221" timestamp="1283644539"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=72456.msg839200#msg839200 date=1283643485]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I see right now you know Alvarez by name only...He's got as much class as any coach ,coaching..If He runs up the score I will be shocked, He will play all the players he can .. You know all these outlandish predictions are exactly that...Kirbyville will play Vidor and they will play them hard..I'm sure Vidor will do likewise..The outcome remains to be seen lots of things can and has happened before...Predictions are like another part of the anatomy..."everybody has one''..Good Luck To Both Teams... ;)
[/quote]I just replied to a statement lefty99 made about Alverez.His post implied he knew him.

[quote name="pirate68" post="839200" timestamp="1283643485"]
[/quote]

Don't be surprised if he keeps the gas pedal down.  He is in the process of making statements right now. ;)
[/quote]

Put your thinking cap on for a mintue and ponder this. ;)  If they score alot and there are alot of 2nd stringers in the game as was the case during part of the 3rd and the majority of the 4th (as was the case last night) everyone outside of Kirbyville will blame him for running the score up.  If you can't stop the 2nd and 3rd team RB's one can't call it running the score up.  BTW, Ford didn't play the 4th qtr if my memory serves me right.  So either way you can call it what you want but he will not ask his players to lay down and take it easy!  I can promise you that.  Kirbyville just beat a good Newton team so you can expect the same intensity from the coaches and team.  

[/quote]

[/quote]Cmon Lefty when you make a statement like that you aint talkin 2nd and 3rd teamers. But hey its our job to stop it.

[quote name="pirate68" post="839534" timestamp="1283655070"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Cmon Lefty when you make a statement like that you aint talkin 2nd and 3rd teamers. But hey its our job to stop it.
[/quote]

If that's the way you see it you can make that assumption but you know what it means when you assume. ;)  If you would've been at the Kville/Newton game you would have seen that 2nd and 3rd teamers were in the game for the majority of the 2nd half and the still scored 2 extra td's.  It's not their fault that they couldn't stop them.

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="839628" timestamp="1283659885"]
vidor has no chance at all in this game, whatever schools are looking at ford they will get to see the film on vidor cause he will probaly go over 200 easy and maybe 4 tds, vidor goes 0-10 this year. Maybe time for Vidor to go in a differnt direction at head coach?
[/quote]Seriously....Your gonna get on here and call for a coaches job? Here is an idea. If you want a coaching change at Vidor and your that concerned about it go to the next school board meeting and let them know your not happy with the program. Its easy to sit on here and call for peoples job when you hide behind a screen name.

[quote name="pirate68" post="839698" timestamp="1283688301"]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=72456.msg839628#msg839628 date=1283659885]
vidor has no chance at all in this game, whatever schools are looking at ford they will get to see the film on vidor cause he will probaly go over 200 easy and maybe 4 tds, vidor goes 0-10 this year. Maybe time for Vidor to go in a differnt direction at head coach?
[/quote]Seriously....Your gonna get on here and call for a coaches job? Here is an idea. If you want a coaching change at Vidor and your that concerned about it go to the next school board meeting and let them know your not happy with the program. Its easy to sit on here and call for peoples job when you hide behind a screen name.
[/quote]

;)

[quote name="biaplayer" post="839653" timestamp="1283662827"]
and what is wrong with running up the score. This is football play to win not drive 55. Put the foot the pedal to the medal and let the good times roll!! got to go with kirbyville
[/quote]Its called sportsmanship..When one team is clearly overmatched and its showing on the scoreboard whats the point of running it up unless your only intention is to humilate the other team.
  This is JMO on why it should not be done...Not saying any coach is doing it.

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="839628" timestamp="1283659885"]
[/quote]

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on now. Just last week Vidor almost beats Texas High and everyone is singing praises to Mathews, voting him Coach of the Week in the Beaumont Enterprise poll. They lose to BC and all of a sudden it is time for a change?
Look, I'm not happy about our this past Friday's outcome either. I said that I'd been told some things before summer practices ever started that didn't make me too optimistic about our chances this year. People started calling me negative. Calling me the worst fan any team could ever have. Etc,etc, etc... But you know what? The BC game proved what I had heard earlier this summer to be correct! In fact, it was right on the money!
But, I'm not going to throw this team under the bus. They are young and they are small in some areas, but they are still capable of turning things around. If the defense steps up and does it's part, we have an offense that can beat anyone on the ground. But, true to what I was told, our offense is sputtering, but it is because it is not getting the help it needs on the defensive side of the ball. Coaches are not the ones out there not wrapping up. Coaches are not the ones out there trying to tackle with one hand around the waist. Coaches are not the ones out there refusing to grab ankles and instead grabbing shoulder pads so they can just slip right off. Coaches are not the ones only covering one receiver where three are lined up to to that side on a given play.
The defense turns things around, we have a chance in district. We might not make the playoffs, but we won't go 0-10. But it is going to take better effort on both sides of the ball, not just on the offense. We got one more game to get these things squared away before the district games begin ... and those are the ones that matter. Let's not get out the tar and feathers just yet, okay Gilly?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder