East Chambers at Beaumont Kelly Game Thread/Kelly wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="OldSkool97" post="838646" timestamp="1283606374"]
Say what!
[/quote]

I don't know, I can't hear you! My ears are still ringing! ;D 

Seriously, I would like to make a friendly suggestion to the Kelly P.A. system people. Use your blaring PA system more judiciously and [i]courteously[/i]. Ear splitting, 130 decibel TECHNO music played way too loud and waaaaay too often. The blasting music totally drowned out the EC band, and we were sitting just several feet away. People instinctively covered their ears when the Kelly PA cranked up. Be courteous to your visitors and refrain from the blasting, especially when, for example, the EC band plays for the team reentering the field after the halftime. It would only take 30 seconds or so. Then, after the game, while the Kelly team celebrated to a screaming rendition of "Another one bites the dust", the EC team humbly held their post game prayer in the midst of this roaring din. Kelly, please be respectful of your visitors team prayer, it was just for a few moments. Thanks for your consideration of this.  :)     

One thing that EC can look forward to is that they have 2 weeks to get ready for the next game. Hope that Hank can get well for the start of Dist. play. Woodville will not be eazy without Jones and next comes Newton, and if they go 0 and 2 to startoff , making the playoffs will be hard.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="838831" timestamp="1283618781"]
[quote author=OldSkool97 link=topic=72438.msg838646#msg838646 date=1283606374]
Say what!
[/quote]

I don't know, I can't hear you! My ears are still ringing! ;D 

Seriously, I would like to make a friendly suggestion to the Kelly P.A. system people. Use your blaring PA system more judiciously and [i]courteously[/i]. Ear splitting, 130 decibel TECHNO music played way too loud and waaaaay too often. The blasting music totally drowned out the EC band, and we were sitting just several feet away. People instinctively covered their ears when the Kelly PA cranked up. Be courteous to your visitors and refrain from the blasting, especially when, for example, the EC band plays for the team reentering the field after the halftime. It would only take 30 seconds or so. Then, after the game, while the Kelly team celebrated to a screaming rendition of "Another one bites the dust", the EC team humbly held their post game prayer in the midst of this roaring din. Kelly, please be respectful of your visitors team prayer, it was just for a few moments. Thanks for your consideration of this.  :)       
[/quote]

i would think that falls under home field advantage? 

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="puddin tane" post="839586" timestamp="1283657380"]
[/quote]

How could it be a "home field advantage" to drown out a teams [u]POST[/u] GAME prayer?

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="839694" timestamp="1283687401"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=72438.msg839586#msg839586 date=1283657380]
[/quote]

How could it be a "home field advantage" to drown out a teams [u]POST[/u] GAME prayer?
[/quote]

I don't have a dog in this hunt..I'm refering to the message not the score..I couldn't agree with you more ECBUCFAN all I can say is : AMEN

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="839694" timestamp="1283687401"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=72438.msg839586#msg839586 date=1283657380]
[/quote]

[/quote]

i was referring to the noise during the game....

you think Kelly intentionally drowned out a [b]prayer[/b]?...gimme a break

Guest ECBucFan
I think they drowned out [i]everything[/i]. I am not suggesting no PA music, I am just suggesting that
A) It's too loud when people instinctively cover their ears, and can't hear their own band, and
B) Why couldn't they at least let up for one minuite for team re-entry, and one minuit for the team prayer.

Two minuits total in two hours. Thats [i]not[/i] asking too much!   

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="839987" timestamp="1283718392"]
I think they drowned out [i]everything[/i]. I am not suggesting no PA music, I am just suggesting that
A) It's too loud when people instinctively cover their ears, and can't hear their own band, and
B) Why couldn't they at least let up for one minuite for team re-entry, and one minuit for the team prayer.

Two minuits total in two hours. Thats [i]not[/i] asking too much!     
[/quote]

Okay let's clarify some things here. First off Kelly does not have some how did you put it 130 decibel ear splitting PA system. Kelly has a very basic system. Second off, techno music? what is this a rave? the only music that was played was either popular contemporary or stadium classic songs. Third, Kelly and East Chambers entered the field at the same time before the game and half time, so if the Kelly players want music....too bad its our home field. Kelly prays after every game and plays music after every game as the fans exit...it hasnt bothered the Kelly team from praying and you are the first person to complain. Give me a break let's talk about the game not the sound system.

Do not care what anyone says, music WAY to loud. It must have been louder on the visitors side, I would not think that Kelly fans would enjoy not being able to talk to each other without hollering at each other. OK with that said, EC was out weighed and out played, been awhile since we went 0-2, real games start in 2 weeks, just check on us 8 weeks after that.

[quote name="johnsmith1982" post="840371" timestamp="1283793078"]
I would not leave out Hardin if I were you. I hear they are playing outstanding Football right now.

[/quote]I am not leaving anyone out of the running for a playoff spot this year, there is no doubt that this is going to be the hardest dist to get out of this year. There is a real good chance that there will be a coin flip to see who gets the 3 place spot.

I've been to the Kelly stadium several times over the years and their PA system is nothing spectacular.  Granted I've always sat at the home side but I've never had trouble talking to other people and carrying on a conversation.  :P  I doubt they turned in up specifically for this game.  This is more like the ref thread.  Just another excuse.  Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Newbie" post="840413" timestamp="1283796353"]
This is more like the ref thread.  Just another excuse.  
[/quote]

Wrong! No one said a word about the PA affecting the game, or used it as an excuse in any way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder