West Orange-Stark vs. Friendswood Game Thread/FW Wins 35-34/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="838290" timestamp="1283570350"]
One comment...........  Get 4 players two kickers and two holders.. and train your kickers so you can make xp.. I know that they went for two a few times but you have to be confident in your kicking game..

But great game can't wait for the next eight games..
[/quote]

yep! 3 missed 2 point conversions really hurt us. we have a kicker but apparently they didnt trust he could make 1 out of the 3 we missed.

Well coached team, great gameplan. I predicted we would win by 14 and was wrong. My keys were keeping the pressure of the qb, we did not, he got sacked 5 times at least. Db's did a great job covering. I did not say much about our defense because we were not sure, but you found the weakness - pound the ball between the tackles. Our coaches were outcoached in every aspect. Congrats.

I really dont think at this point WO-S has to earn anyone's respect, they have proved themselves throughout the last 25 years. However, if you really cant find someone who can punch an XP through, then I am sorry, this may be the chink in Hook's armor. "We'll punch it in for 2!" is how you win district, not state.

I was very impressed with wo-s. Physical and fast.  Didn't quite get the two point tries?  FW has to tackle I know they are kids but that was beyond pathetic!  I was one that was wrong with the 20 pt win prediction.  I underestimated Wo-s and expected more out of FW
I think we have more concerns then Wis after this one.  Good game

I also predicted FW would blowout WOS.(3 td's) Ooops. My bad. WOS looked light years better than they did in the Dayton scrimmage. One would expect improvement, but they looked like a whole different team! Great game to watch. FW offense was effective as usual. I was really surprised that WOS ran so well on them. It's like FW had no linebackers on the field. Congrats to both teams and coaches. Well done on both sides.

Great game to watch! Thats about as equal as 2 teams can get! I knew this would be a close game and man was it. Just the fact  that we can go toe 2 toe with a highly ranked 4a team shows that were a force to be wreckoned with! FW #5 was as expected and the tight ends came up big when they needed them too! Both teams played hard til the end! Our boys showed us alot tonight, especially our offensive line! We are right where we need to be in my opinion!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="838348" timestamp="1283572370"]
Well coached team, great gameplan. I predicted we would win by 14 and was wrong. My keys were keeping the pressure of the qb, we did not, he got sacked 5 times at least. Db's did a great job covering. I did not say much about our defense because we were not sure, but you found the weakness - pound the ball between the tackles. Our coaches were outcoached in every aspect. Congrats.
[/quote]
Agree with everything you said. But I predicted a 21 point win and boy was I wrong. Hats off to the WO-S players and coaches. My dad and uncle are WO-S season ticket holders and couldn't make the game tonight. Needless to say when I called them after the game they were a little sick they missed a good one. Good luck the rest of the way Stangs!

Just returned from the game. Excellent showing for WO-S! The experience tonight for the Ponies will carry them far. It felt like a playoff game in week 1...WOW! WO-S outplayed Friendswood tonight in many areas. However, the 3 missed two point conversions were the difference in the game. Keep your heads high fellows...you guys are coming together nicely! Go Stangs!  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83