20 4-A Test Awaits 19 4-A Gridiron threesome

Guest octfeb

[quote name="octfeb" post="839109" timestamp="1283638409"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=72310.msg838969#msg838969 date=1283628677]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=72310.msg836374#msg836374 date=1283359240]
I'm just glad GCM knocked Nederland out of the playoffs last year. That way they won't be too suprised when we beat them again this friday.
;D
(Gotta love the Sun's in-depth journalism)
[/quote]
Nederland lost to Crosby in the playoffs last year not GCM.

20 4A      19 4A
33           13
38           7
30           8
-----------------
101         28    OUCH!
[/quote] explain them #'s please
[/quote]

Octfeb, what he did was take the game scores from last weeks games and put them up there. Then he added to get the total point for 19-4A and 20-4A. So basically, if you were to combine the scores it would be 101-28 for 20-4A over 19-4A.

[quote name="rschuldt" post="840285" timestamp="1283776402"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=72310.msg839109#msg839109 date=1283638409]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=72310.msg838969#msg838969 date=1283628677]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=72310.msg836374#msg836374 date=1283359240]
I'm just glad GCM knocked Nederland out of the playoffs last year. That way they won't be too suprised when we beat them again this friday.
;D
(Gotta love the Sun's in-depth journalism)
[/quote]
Nederland lost to Crosby in the playoffs last year not GCM.

20 4A      19 4A
33           13
38           7
30           8
-----------------
101         28    OUCH!
[/quote] explain them #'s please
[/quote]

Octfeb, what he did was take the game scores from last weeks games and put them up there. Then he added to get the total point for 19-4A and 20-4A. So basically, if you were to combine the scores it would be 101-28 for 20-4A over 19-4A.
[/quote] Oh ok thanks for explaining... those #'s don't mean a thing come playoff time.

Dayton is always a good team - there's no doubt about that - but for Pete's sake, they're not gods.

If we really want to compare Dayton to a present-day 20-4A team, then let's look at the 2009 season (our best reference because it's the most recent complete season). In pre-season play, PN-G defeated Crosby 37-7. Crosby went on to beat Dayton and claim the 19-4A district championship trophy. Then, in post-season play, Dayton lost to Brenham, who defeated PN-G by six points in a game that may have gone PN-G's way had it not been for a last-minute interception. By that logic, it's not outrageous to say that PN-G could have defeated Dayton last year in a post-season game (although I admit, Dayton could win just as easily and I think it would've been a close one either way). When you consider the fact that PN-G only took the 20-4A district title in a nail-biter, it's not too far out there to say that Central would have given Dayton a good game as well, and Nederland only lost to Crosby by six points in the first round of the playoffs after a bad bout with the injury bug so they may have put up a good fight, too.

I don't think there's a poster on this site (at least, not one with any common sense) who isn't willing to admit that Dayton has had the upper hand against current 20-4A teams in the past several years, but this is a different district than it was the last time Dayton was in it and relying on past results to prove Dayton's possible current dominance of this district is a little farfetched. Maybe I'm wrong - I don't know. We'll just have to wait until the playoffs and see what happens.

B[quote name="bigdog" post="839356" timestamp="1283649808"]
Hey ryker, I have some numbers for ya...

State Championships:
20-4a  -4
19-4a  - 0
[/quote]
Hasn't Dayton been in that district during the time you include here. Most of the teams in 19-4a have only been together a few years. BH was 3a, GCM new school, Lee 5a, North forest was combined with another school and was 5a not to many years ago, Dayton has been in both. GP has been there a while. Not a really good comparison although I wish all schools had the same enthusiasm as most in the g-triangle.
Baytown has been split up into 3 schools and GCM being new has no tradition. Lee has much tradition but dwindling numbers and Sterling has athletes but cam never put anything together. GCM took many of these.

You guys love your football win or lose but not all areas can say this. Dayton has the small town that supports
their team now that they have had a program worth supporting. I only wish Stewart had been given the Sterling years ago. They have been the same since he was Def. Coordinator there.

[quote name="cbear4" post="840362" timestamp="1283792328"]
B[quote author=bigdog link=topic=72310.msg839356#msg839356 date=1283649808]
Hey ryker, I have some numbers for ya...

State Championships:
20-4a  -4
19-4a  - 0
[/quote]
Hasn't Dayton been in that district during the time you include here. Most of the teams in 19-4a have only been together a few years. BH was 3a, GCM new school, Lee 5a, North forest was combined with another school and was 5a not to many years ago, Dayton has been in both. GP has been there a while. Not a really good comparison although I wish all schools had the same enthusiasm as most in the g-triangle.
Baytown has been split up into 3 schools and GCM being new has no tradition. Lee has much tradition but dwindling numbers and Sterling has athletes but cam never put anything together. GCM took many of these.

You guys love your football win or lose but not all areas can say this. Dayton has the small town that supports
their team now that they have had a program worth supporting. I only wish Stewart had been given the Sterling years ago. They have been the same since he was Def. Coordinator there.
[/quote]
It's just a good thing for 19-4a that Lumberton is not in your district. The last time we beat Dayton, while in the same district, they got so mad they TORE through the rest of our district.  :D

Soooo whos the last team standing when playoffs come? *brags* [color=purple]DAYTON[/color] AND 15 straight years? [color=purple]DAYTON[/color] *waits for it* *stir, stir, and stir somemore* ;D

A 20-4A all star offense would not put up 14 points on Dayton's defense this year.  I say this because I have not seen any 20-4a teams play in an actual game this year and I am a homer.  I also say this because the broncos are always better than everybody else and our linebacker can bench press 500 pounds.

Thought I'd add a little dash of spice to the pot your stirring oct-feb.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="840532" timestamp="1283805350"]
A 20-4A all star offense would not put up 14 points on Dayton's defense this year.  I say this because I have not seen any 20-4a teams play in an actual game this year and I am a homer.  I also say this because the broncos are always better than everybody else and our linebacker can bench press 500 pounds.

[/quote]
LOL, a 20-4a offense wouldn't stop at 14 is more like it and good thing that linebacker can bench press 500 lbs. since he'd be spending most of the game on his back. OH YEAH I WENT THERE. LOL  :o ::) ;D :D

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="octfeb" post="840493" timestamp="1283802280"]
Soooo whos the last team standing when playoffs come? *brags* [color=purple]DAYTON[/color] AND 15 straight years? [color=purple]DAYTON[/color] *waits for it* *stir, stir, and stir somemore* ;D
[/quote]

Kirbyville the last two years!! ;D ;D

Guest rykerx144
Hey guys help me out here, whats was the name of that town that just west of here where the Blue Bell Plant is?  I wonder how much they weigh?  it must be over 500 lbs!!!

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="840576" timestamp="1283809874"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72310.msg840532#msg840532 date=1283805350]

[/quote]
LOL, [b]a 20-4a offense wouldn't stop at 14[/b] is more like it and good thing that linebacker can bench press 500 lbs. since he'd be spending most of the game on his back. OH YEAH I WENT THERE. LOL  :o ::) ;D :D
[/quote] uh huh cause he would be ROFL or TURF in this case @ your comment...

[quote name="rykerx144" post="840625" timestamp="1283814236"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=72310.msg840493#msg840493 date=1283802280]
[/quote]

Kirbyville the last two years!! ;D ;D
[/quote] KUDOS to Kirbyville ;D

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="840604" timestamp="1283813048"]
Can we get Lumberton? Crosby would like a warmup for dayton. Its like going from cold water to a frying pan. =P maybe we could go to that luke warm water first. =P
[/quote]
No , But I'm sure you could get some more warming up from PNG![url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/football.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/stirthepot.gif[/img][/url]

Well, well, well.  It looks like 20-4A swept 19-4A  3-0 if I didn't read incorrectly.

Nederland 30 - GCM 8
PNG 38 - Crosby 7
Lumberton 33 - BH 13

All 3 of the 20-4A schools put up 30 points.
It looks like 20-4A is the better district so far this year.
I know that none of the teams have played Dayton, but as a District, 20-4a is a stronger district in football.
Dayton always have a good team and might be the lone exception.

Interesting debate. No doubt Dayton is good and has had a good run the last several years. No doubt 20-4A has the storied history. It is also fairly clear that top to bottom 20-4a is the better district this year. I can tell you something else, none of us 4a teams want to play WOS every week. Those boys are good and feisty. FW is glad to be done with them!! Handily beat Nederland and gave FW all we could handle and more! Should be a fun year. Ps - keep on eye out for Manvel and Lamarque this year in 244a, they did not get the preseason hype that FW, Dawson and Ball got, but they may be the best two teams in our district!!

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="842295" timestamp="1284027625"]
Look for the Nederland Bulldogs to complete the pre-district sweep as they send Barbers Hill to 0 and 3.

Wonder where all the BH fans are????

The crickets are chirping.
[/quote] Uh huh I was wondering the same thing yesterday

[quote name="octfeb" post="842319" timestamp="1284037090"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=72310.msg842295#msg842295 date=1284027625]
Look for the Nederland Bulldogs to complete the pre-district sweep as they send Barbers Hill to 0 and 3.

Wonder where all the BH fans are????

The crickets are chirping.
[/quote] Uh huh I was wondering the same thing yesterday
[/quote]
It's hard to do any chirping when you have been outscored 68-20. There's 0-2 and then there's [size=14pt]0-2.[/size] Most of us knew this season might be rocky at the start. I think "the two or three" you are referring to are finally feeling the reality bite.  ;D

But you guys enjoy yourselves punishing all BH fans for the chirping of a few. It'll make revenge sweeter when it does arrive, and it will arrive.
I just wish it was sooner than later.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124