West Brook moves to No. 7 in state poll

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="westend1" post="836318" timestamp="1283352201"]
Question.  Do you Titan fans really hope Brook gets blown out by Katy and/or Lee?
[/quote]No, of coarse not I think brook should beat lee after watching them the other night, and katy will be tough but ya'll gotta make them work on defense, and keep them from running downhill (what NS didn't do) more than anything else, then game will be close.
But you guys have gotta open their eyes with a statement game. To me a statement makes them say wow, makes them wonder if they're good enough, makes them prepare harder.
don't get me wrong a win is a win, but a 38pt ;D win or even a shut out is what 90% of the people look at, not stats like us guru's ;D  What did you say when you saw the KATY/ NS score? :o

[quote name="The GOAT" post="836356" timestamp="1283357898"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=72254.msg836318#msg836318 date=1283352201]
Question.  Do you Titan fans really hope Brook gets blown out by Katy and/or Lee?
[/quote]No, of coarse not I think brook should beat lee after watching them the other night, and katy will be tough but ya'll gotta make them work on defense, and keep them from running downhill (what NS didn't do) more than anything else, then game will be close.
But you guys have gotta open their eyes with a statement game. To me a statement makes them say wow, makes them wonder if they're good enough, makes them prepare harder.
don't get me wrong a win is a win, but a 38pt ;D win or even a shut out is what 90% of the people look at, not stats like us guru's ;D  What did you say when you saw the KATY/ NS score? :o
[/quote]

LOL----I said  OH CRAP and then OH BOY!!  ;D

[quote name="The GOAT" post="836356" timestamp="1283357898"]
[/quote]

I was thinking, "why did we schedule Katy again"?    I was just curious if you guys really hate Brook or if this was just friendly trash talk.  As I've said, I hope PAM wins every game but 3 every year.

[quote name="westend1" post="836389" timestamp="1283360034"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=72254.msg836356#msg836356 date=1283357898]
Question.  Do you Titan fans really hope Brook gets blown out by Katy and/or Lee?
don't get me wrong a win is a win, but a 38pt ;D win or even a shut out is what 90% of the people look at, not stats like us guru's ;D  What did you say when you saw the KATY/ NS score? :o
[/quote]

I was thinking, "why did we schedule Katy again"?   [b] I was just curious if you guys really hate Brook or if this was just friendly trash talk.   As I've said, I hope PAM wins every game but 3 every year.[/b][/quote]That's all it is,[size=18pt] intense[/size] friendly smack.Sorry we ain't losing those three games this year. ;D

[quote name="westend1" post="836318" timestamp="1283352201"]
[/quote]Honestly, I believe WB will beat Ike convincingly, but will stumble against Katy (after all, this is Katy). Then the Bruins will rebound with a convincing win against Lee, but we will have dropped from the Top 10. I believe WB will beat NS, and go into the PAM game with a 6-1 record. Then WB and PAM will both be 7-1 after we play! ;) It should be a great game, nonetheless! I also predict that the winner of the WB/PAM game will be in the drivers seat for the 21-5A crown.

The thing is.....I refuse to believe Katy is THAT good or NS is THAT bad....I mean Katy will be good no doubt, but I will wait until this weekend before I make judgement. WB on the other hand, like everyone says should be making "Statements".....they return almost everyone, ranked high in some polls(not ranked in others, which is silly).....put it like this....Lets say Katy is the Univeristy of Texas....you know what you get, year in, year out....WB is the Houston Cougars.....high powered Offense...everyone is saying they could be BCS busters. They play 3 games before the UT game.....against 3 "lower tier" teams...lets say Grambling St.......North Texas....and then a respectable.....SMU. If you're an UH fan....you want to see scores like 56-0, 49-3.....BIG numbers against these schools......if you beat Grambling 28-3, North Texas 35-17.....you would be worried going into the UT game.
Come on Bruins...run it up!

[quote name="pe2009" post="836476" timestamp="1283366750"]
The thing is.....I refuse to believe Katy is THAT good or NS is THAT bad....I mean Katy will be good no doubt, but I will wait until this weekend before I make judgement. WB on the other hand, like everyone says should be making "Statements".....they return almost everyone, ranked high in some polls(not ranked in others, which is silly).....put it like this....Lets say Katy is the Univeristy of Texas....you know what you get, year in, year out....WB is the Houston Cougars.....high powered Offense...everyone is saying they could be BCS busters. They play 3 games before the UT game.....against 3 "lower tier" teams...lets say Grambling St.......North Texas....and then a respectable.....SMU. If you're an UH fan....you want to see scores like 56-0, 49-3.....BIG numbers against these schools......if you beat Grambling 28-3, North Texas 35-17.....you would be worried going into the UT game.
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="The GOAT" post="836462" timestamp="1283365376"]
As long as we both beat NS I might be able to stomach losing to [size=10pt]brook[/size] :-\ Titans 28 -  Brook 21 ;D
We gotta watch out La Porte too. >:( I'm sick of them too.
[/quote]I was gonna say the same thing. Dont look past LP....they have a nasty habit of lingering around during the postseason. It'd be nice if both of us knocked out LP and NS! ;)

[quote name="pe2009" post="836476" timestamp="1283366750"]
[/quote]Thats a great analogy, and I would love to see WB beating teams by 40+ points. However, Stump is not the type of coach to run the score up on a team just for the heck of it. If he gets a comfortable lead and has the win in the bag, then he'll pull the starters and let the second teamers play. If the second teamers continue to put up points, then so be it. But he wont deliberately leave the starters in just to make a point. I believe he thinks that would be unsportsmanlike. But for the record, if we can run up the score, I say "run it up!"

[quote name="scooter!" post="836496" timestamp="1283369325"]
LaPorte is tricky cause you dont know which LP team will show up. You never know if the 400 yd running attack will show up or the 150-200 yd running attack that cant pass will show up.
[/quote]Its kinda like, you dont know which PAM anderson you're gonna get.....pre, or post augmentation! LOL! :D

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="836497" timestamp="1283369454"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=72254.msg836476#msg836476 date=1283366750]
[/quote]Thats a great analogy, and I would love to see WB beating teams by 40+ points. However, Stump is not the type of coach to run the score up on a team just for the heck of it. If he gets a comfortable lead and has the win in the bag, then he'll pull the starters and let the second teamers play. If the second teamers continue to put up points, then so be it. But he wont deliberately leave the starters in just to make a point. I believe he thinks that would be unsportsmanlike. But for the record, if we can run up the score, I say "run it up!"
[/quote]

Maybe run it up was the wrong choice of words. you dont want to wait until the big game to find out how good you are...or arent. Like I said earlier, it's hard for me to believe Katy is that good or NS is that bad. both have decent teams this weekend and I will wait until I see how they perform then.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="836498" timestamp="1283369561"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=72254.msg836496#msg836496 date=1283369325]
LaPorte is tricky cause you dont know which LP team will show up. You never know if the 400 yd running attack will show up or the 150-200 yd running attack that cant pass will show up.
[/quote]Its kinda like, you dont know which PAM anderson you're gonna get.....pre, or post augmentation! LOL! :D
[/quote] >:( >:( >:(

[quote name="bigd92" post="836550" timestamp="1283377736"]
I tend to pull for brooke and area teams  in the post season; no  hatred until they play the Titans. Just friendly smack talk Westend1.

Im hoping GT run the table with the other schools in 21-5A
[/quote]

Good to hear.  I hope you guys spank every team in the 713!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont