PN-G....10-0 again???

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TexAgNDN" post="835311" timestamp="1283215110"]
Alright, alright, I should have got on here and replied yesterday, i have to admit, I was in denial.  I'm here now to take it like a man.  My new prediction is 9-1.  Hahaha. 

I love the way PN-G played.  I feel like we let this one get away.  The turnover that led to a TD for GP at the end of the first half was killer.
[/quote]

8-2 no secondary

[quote name="badndn" post="836069" timestamp="1283304816"]
One thing to remember also about our kicker...He is returning from a torn ACL late last year. Not sure what his range is right now. Pre ACL tear, he could hit from 40-45.
[/quote]
Also I would add a botched snap and hold on a similar distance field goal attempt earlier that turned into a fluke touchdown. That probably didn't leave Coach Faircloth with much confidence in the kicking game with that much pressure added too.

I watched the game on the internet. PNG played well enough to win the game. Luck was going their way earlier in the game. Momentum shifted when GP completed a long pass that led to their first TD. It was the first game of the season and a high profile one at that. Both teams probably had the jitters. PNG had a droped pass that would have been a TD. The game could have gone either way. Only inches from a first down and PNG probably could have gotten a littler closer. Kicked the field goal and won. The coaches will have the team ready to play this Friday. I believe PNG has the team that [u]could[/u] go the rest of the way to the play-offs and be 9-1. Time will tell. JMO Good luck to the Indians and all the other teams in that district.

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="836217" timestamp="1283317303"]
I watched the game on the internet. PNG played well enough to win the game. Luck was going their way earlier in the game. Momentum shifted when GP completed a long pass that led to their first TD. It was the first game of the season and a high profile one at that. Both teams probably had the jitters. PNG had a droped pass that would have been a TD. The game could have gone either way. Only inches from a first down and PNG probably could have gotten a littler closer. Kicked the field goal and won. The coaches will have the team ready to play this Friday. I believe PNG has the team that [u]could[/u] go the rest of the way to the play-offs and be 9-1. Time will tell. JMO Good luck to the Indians and all the other teams in that district.
[/quote]

Thanks for a rational evaluation of the game.  We don't see many of those on this board.

I think that every year a team's expectatios should be to go undefeated (i.e. 10 - 0).Why would you settle for less? Who starts the year saying "I hope we go 5-5, or 7-3".Now that PN-G has a loss, then shoot for 9-1 and the best you can get. It was a very exciting game played by 2 evenly matched teams and GP came out on top.My money is on Coach Faircloth and his staff making the right adjustments and the Indians will finish strong. I would rather loose 1 now rather than come play-off time. :)

Well said ndn79. It was an exciting game and fun to watch except when we made those key mistakes that hurt us. But what it boils down to is we still have two weeks to improve and both games are with quality opponents. this will benefit us and get us prepared for district and then on into the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[quote name="jacobmccandles" post="889436" timestamp="1288266814"]
Pulling for vidor and central.  10 - 0 to no playoffs would be a huge turnaround
[/quote]

Hey, it's happened before!  Just look at Vidor's record.  Gotta dig deep tho....not too many playoff appearances to compare with!

Here you go Scalp em.  Heres another thread you can get the last word in and lock.  You PNG people kill me.  Would never have brought up the 10-0 prediction if it was for one of your fans tring to slam ours because of seating.  Please.  Hey Coop.  How can I become a moderator so when somebody says something I dont like, that didnt break any rules,  I can take my ball and go home.  I am sorry I upset the PNG purple gods.  Oh and to stay within the rules.  How is that prediction from one of your fans doing anyway?