Newton's Curtis Barbay says he might retire after next season.

Guest txrailcat74

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="835891" timestamp="1283289738"]
Here is what was said in the paper. "The last game will be with Kountze. Last year, well Burkeville was playing too, but they had to be one of the sorriest teams that put on uniforms. They've got to be better because you don't get no worse than they were. Now that's the kind of game you really hate to play because that's the kind of game that you get people hurt in. Guys will be standing around and somebody will get a knee hurt, twist an ankle, something like that." He was speaking to a hometown lions club meeting and giving a game by game run down of the season. Something he has done for years.
[/quote]
Glad you found the article so what does Newton season have to do with Burkeville... Nothing!!!!

Guest EagleFan01
Seriously stop crying its ok the players from burkeville know they were terrible last season it happens its good that someone tell them they were terrible thats whats wrong with america today everyone babies there kids and tells them how great they are when there not. It will be ok the kids will be ok its not gonna kill them to tell them the truth every now and then. >:(  :(  :(  :(

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="836349" timestamp="1283356599"]
Seriously stop crying its ok the players from burkeville know they were terrible last season it happens its good that someone tell them they were terrible thats whats wrong with america today everyone babies there kids and tells them how great they are when there not. It will be ok the kids will be ok its not gonna kill them to tell them the truth every now and then. >:(  :(  :(  :(
[/quote]

Preach On Brother...You got it right... ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="836358" timestamp="1283358053"]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=72045.msg836349#msg836349 date=1283356599]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Not crying about anything -again our kids are not terrible... as I said before those kids fell victim to something that was beyond thier control. Like I said in my first posts .. If you don't know the whole story... sit down and shut up!!!
Worry about your own team and what gonna happen if and when Barbay retires.. Then you might find yourselves in the same shape. Because that's waht happened to Burkeville. But it's all good Coach Harper is back and things are looking up.. so whatever to you naw sayers....

Guest EagleFan01
When Barbay retires he will make sure the right guy is hired to take his spot unlike Burkeville who just hired to the first guy to apply. That was Burkevilles own fault for not doing a good search and finding the right guy.  The team was not that good last season man sorry you guys did not have the talent that you had been having so yes its partly the players and partly the coaching from last season.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="MUSTANGPRIDE" post="836399" timestamp="1283361167"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=72045.msg836358#msg836358 date=1283358053]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Not crying about anything -again our kids are not terrible... as I said before those kids fell victim to something that was beyond thier control. Like I said in my first posts .. If you don't know the whole story... sit down and shut up!!!
Worry about your own team and what gonna happen if and when Barbay retires.. Then you might find yourselves in the same shape. Because that's waht happened to Burkeville. But it's all good Coach Harper is back and things are looking up.. so whatever to you naw sayers....
[/quote]

if you want these people to shut up and sit down then quit respoding to them and attacking them!  You say everything is fine now, then good!  Quit worrying about what Barbay thinks of your team and move on.  The best way to prove your point (that your team is not terrible and everying is ok) is to win on field.  If your team was doing well and had a good year last year then it wouldnt even had matter what he said about you.  I think some are wearing their feeling on their shoulders because they are sore they had a rough year.  I know one thing, you will not win your argument about what kind of person Barbay is, compared to what kinda of person you think he should be when your arguing your point to a bunch of Eagle fans on a message board that Barbay probably dont even read.  Thats just my opinion!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="836417" timestamp="1283362774"]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=72045.msg836399#msg836399 date=1283361167]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

if you want these people to shut up and sit down then quit respoding to them and attacking them!  You say everything is fine now, then good!  Quit worrying about what Barbay thinks of your team and move on.  The best way to prove your point (that your team is not terrible and everying is ok) is to win on field.  If your team was doing well and had a good year last year then it wouldnt even had matter what he said about you.  I think some are wearing their feeling on their shoulders because they are sore they had a rough year.  I know one thing, you will not win your argument about what kind of person Barbay is, compared to what kinda of person you think he should be when your arguing your point to a bunch of Eagle fans on a message board that Barbay probably dont even read.  Thats just my opinion!
[/quote]
thanks for your opinion, but it would have mattered either way.. because of what he is suppose to stand for.. which as is the upliftment and empowerment of todays youth, helping them to be the best they can be on and off the field.. and by the way I'm not attacking anyone,you have your views, I have mine, and they have theirs.. no hard feelings this way.. but just as u back your team, we back our as well win, lose or draw, it doesnt matter. And it was never about winning an arguement. I just statement my opinion to the thread and my opinion was attacked...as I stated before no hard feeling toward newtons team or fans.. I still support them as well ..my spouse is an eagle.. but for barbay ,, right is right and wrong is wrong...

Mr. W.W. from Brkv, what is the difference between him bashing your team and you continually bashing him over this site? Does two wrongs make a right? Everyone in Brkv and NEWTON knows it was a true statement but a a statement that should not have been printed in the newspaper or said publicly. It's time to move on.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="836855" timestamp="1283440927"]
Mr. W.W. from Brkv, what is the difference between him bashing your team and you continually bashing him over this site? Does two wrongs make a right? Everyone in Brkv and NEWTON knows it was a true statement but a a statement that should not have been printed in the newspaper or said publicly. It's time to move on.
[/quote]

AMEN & AMEN.. ;)

[quote name="MUSTANGPRIDE" post="836399" timestamp="1283361167"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]great to hear coach harper is back i didnt know that

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="836855" timestamp="1283440927"]
[/quote]

keep living what goes around comes back around..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami