Hardin-Jefferson at Huffman/Huffman wins 63-0

[quote name="ford15" post="833494" timestamp="1283030219"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=72005.msg833339#msg833339 date=1283022674]
Woo did not mean to ruffel the hawk feathers just ask how a team that gives up 63 points and scores 0 could have anyone that can play D1 ball. Just thought dad might have pulled a few strings after all he went there ;). But I am glad to see Lamar trying to get a few homegrown players to stay at home. And I will be sure to let you know were he will play college at but you will have to wate untill we get on the hard floor. Its a long time untill then and I dont wont to jenks him and get him hurt. You know that a college will jerk a offer so fast if a kid gets hurt when he is still in high school. Just thought that having it out when he was still a Jr was a little premature, but wish him the best of luck.
[/quote]

Yes, you did mean to ruffle feathers,just admit it. You wonder why your such a target on this board, well it's because of [b]assinine [/b] comments like you made, bringing up things like that. Basically your degrading the playing ability of a kid you don't even know.
[/quote]

Threw in a $.50 word.  Awesome.  I know that someone thought he cussed him.  LOL

[quote name="True Blue" post="833116" timestamp="1283007786"]
How does a team that is suppose to have a D1 signed tightend Jr get shutout  :o Does Huffman have players going stright to the NFL? ??? Or did politics have anything to do with the signing :o
[/quote]

OK let me see if I can set this straight. 1st HJ hasn't run a normal set with a TE in several years. they run the spread which means no TE. So no they do not have a TE signed as a D1 player. They do have a OT signed at Lamar. And unlike your favorite sport of basketball, where one good player can get hot and carry a team through a stretch an OT can't make his teammates hold on to the ball, catch passes thrown to them, and make every tackle. He also can't cover every WR, and block all the defenders rushing the QB. And as far as the verbal commitment goes, I know the family well enough to know he made it with Coach Woodward and his parents didn't even find out he had done it until the coach mentioned it to them when they went to pick him up from a camp. If you knew anything about football, or at least attended the games and paid attention, you might realize he was signed not because his dad played there, but because he routinely blocks players 5-10 yards down field, or knocks them on their back. Maybe instead of trying to tear HJ down every chance you get, try supporting them once and a while, I'm sure your son might appreciate that, especially since he seems to be playing pretty well so far this season.

Thanks Castor. Very good post. I too know these folks also, and still cant understand why anyone would throw a kids name out on this site. The fact is, he verbally committed to Lamar because the Head Coach asked him too, and because he's a friggin animal and loves to play the game. Get your kids out to work hard like he does then you wont have to be jealous of kids like him.

Guest jettyman
Well, I have stayed out of this conversation as long as possible.  By the way, thanks for supporting my son and coming to his defense.  These kinds of statements coming from a person I wouldn't know from Adam is somewhat disturbing. Although, in the past I would have indulged in a war of words (face to face) now I will say a prayer that you and son find peace wherever that might be. I know absolutely nothing about you and your family but I want you to know I would never call you or son out on a public forum.

Trueblue, I really don't feel the need to deliberate with you whether I had anything to do with him getting a scholarship but I didn't. I do feel flattered that you would think that they would offer my son a $60,000 scholarship because of me but I don't think I have that kind of pull. Let me assure you that when you get to that level not many scholarships are handed out related to politics.

In conclusion, please from now on leave my family out of your thoughts and comments.

Jettyman you need to go back and read my post again, I never called your son by name at all. Nor would I ever put a kids name on here. you need to go back and read all the post, one of your HJ fans put his name on here not me. And I still stand by saying how could any team giving up 63 points  and scoring 0  have a D1 player on it . And I also know that explayers do have a little pull in getting someone in to a school, maybe not much but some.  So if you helped him get in that is great , that is what a parent is suppost to do. But like I said I am glad to see Lamar giving home grown kids a chance to play at home. As I said I did not mean to stur the feathers. [color=red][b]Sorry If I have offended anyone. And I will delete my post[/b][/color] but can not do anything about the post that copyed it

[quote name="True Blue" post="835008" timestamp="1283187158"]
Jettyman you need to go back and read my post again, I never called your son by name at all. Nor would I ever put a kids name on here. you need to go back and read all the post, one of your HJ fans put his name on here not me. [b]And I still stand by saying how could any team giving up 63 points  and scoring 0  have a D1 player on it [/b]. And I also know that explayers do have a little pull in getting someone in to a school, maybe not much but some.  So if you helped him get in that is great , that is what a parent is suppost to do. But like I said I am glad to see Lamar giving home grown kids a chance to play at home. As I said I did not mean to stur the feathers. [color=red][b]Sorry If I have offended anyone. And I will delete my post[/b][/color] but can not do anything about the post that copyed it
[/quote]

In 2003 the Silsbee Tigers had a kid by the name of William Morrisey who was recruited by EVERYONE in the country.  And when I say everyone I mean everyone.  Michigan, Iowa, Texas, TAMU, Ohio State.....need i say more came to Silsbee practices in 2003.  Guess what.........they were 0-10 and I can assure you in that winless season they were beat nearly that bad.  By the way Morissey went to TAMU.

P.S.  I sat for 1 hour and talked with coach Woodard about the young persohn tonight and he could not have sounded more excited about him.  His exact words and I quote "Any kid as big as he is with a size 17 shoe and the coordination and talent he has is a kid I want."  True Blue.......quit talking when you do not know what you are talking about!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder