How far Will The Mustangs Go In The Playoffs?

I think they go at least as far as last year. Giddigs is not the team to worry about' date=' that would be Wimberly.That's who they will probably play in a semi-final game. WOS handled Giddings last yearm handily, as Giddiing s couldn't deal with the speed of WOS's offense. I think if WOS would get another shot at Wimberly and win, that would be a major mental hurdle to clear. I think then they would play Cureo in the D-2 title game.[/quote']

We wont play Wimberley and Cuero, it will be one or the other. They would have to play each other in order to reach us(both Reg 4).

I believe we have something very special this year, I cant put my finger on it, but its something we have been missing in the past. Before we start talking about the playoffs, we have a few more games to play. :wink:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mustangs will go as far as they want........but you must have a little luck to go all the way.............and hope that there are not any brick walls out there !

To answer your question, They will go deep into the playoffs.........

semi's or quarter finals for sure and just maybe another trip to the BIG SHOW !

I have a close friend that coaches at Gilmer and I have seen them play this year. WO-S had better enjoy playing these teams in this area because if they meet Gilmer in the playoffs it's going to get real ugly real fast for the Mustangs.
I disagree! I've had people see Gilmer play as well.

Gilmer will be DI and WO-S will most likely be DII. We won't play Gilmer. It's irrelevant. We saw the state's top teams last year and can see that we're a better team this year. We beat three of the top teams in the state last year, so we do just fine out of the area.

It's so nice to carry on conversations with intelligent people like you COOP. It's such ashame that there are ignorant people with computers though (Kicker).

yeah, you being one of them after seeing the comment about things getting ugly for Wo-s against Gilmer. You base that on seeing them play teams who might be 100% worst than Wo-s. You never know until you step on the field. I hope that somehow we can meet them in the playoffs, I would like to see an exciting playoff game, but the game might go the opposite way than you said.

It's so nice to carry on conversations with intelligent people like you COOP. It's such ashame that there are ignorant people with computers though (Kicker).

Insults, always insults. :lol: First of all, you have NEVER been right, second of all, your opinion is worth about as much as some polyester curtains.

Now, if we go by the"ive seen them play" scenario, then LCM, Dayton must be way better than us. Look what they did to their opponents lately. :roll:

I said that I have seen both teams play and Gilmer is a much better team. I hate to say this about a local team' date=' but WO-S is great here at home. Too bad when they leave this area though.[/quote']

You make a prediction like this posing as an objective poster who has info on another good team. Then you post, on another thread, how much you wish Silsbee would beat WO-S. Sounds more like sour grapes than a true comparison of talent.

Be objective or be silent... 8)

Hutto, Gilmer, Palestine and Carthage will all almost definitely go Division I (with Hutto, Palestine and Carthage all having to face each other in just the first two rounds).

Wimberley, WOS, Cuero, and Giddings will most likely be the major contenders in the bottom half of the bracket in Division II, with Sweetwater, Celina and Dallas Madison the standouts in the top half.

Most likely alternate possibilities: Giddings would go Division I if Bellville loses to both Caldwell and LaGrange, which is pretty unlikely.... but a possibility. Wimberley would go Division I if 0-7 Ingram Moore beats currently 2-5 Bandera when they meet in Week 10. Hutto would most likely go to Division II if Taylor beats Cameron Yoe today.

A WOS vs. Celina final is a definite possibility

3A Division I Playoff Projection using this weeks Massey ratings

REGION I

Ft Stockton vs. BYE

Andrews vs. Lubbock Cooper

Canyon vs. Burkburnett

Abilene Wylie vs Decatur

REGION II

Prosper vs. Royse City

Dallas Roosevelt vs. Kennedale

Mabank vs. Brownsboro

Gilmer vs. Liberty-Eylau