19-4A 2010-2011 Baseball

geedad

Can someone advise me on the best way to get looks for my son. Is it wise to make all of these camps or is this just a money pit. My son is a Fish and throws around 80 on gun (four seam) with very good control. Just turned 14 and is 6'  160lbs. Has been playing select (majors-premier) for last several years.  Is it too early to even bother?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="866286" timestamp="1286283329"]
Can someone advise me on the best way to get looks for my son. Is it wise to make all of these camps or is this just a money pit. My son is a Fish and throws around 80 on gun (four seam) with very good control. Just turned 14 and is 6'   160lbs. Has been playing select (majors-premier) for last several years.   Is it too early to even bother?
[/quote]

Check your pms.

Ill tell you what my boy went and played vs Team USA last night in College Park.Those boys on Team USA for being all 16 are I tell you the best true 16 year old team I've ever seen.All the boys hit the ball hard.After 9 innings we stayed in a tie 8-8....

• 4 weeks later...
I know no kids are throwing in the 90s on BH, would be nice but dont see it.  If we had that they sure would not had been on JV, Coach did win a few in his day and would had rode that arm if it was there.  Give me the kid who has a 85-87 fast ball and a 78 mph breaking pitch and keeps batters off-balanced, I think we will have that at the Hill and there may be a few suprises that Denny does on the pitching staff, who knows, but it should be a fun year in 194A and a tougher district with the pitching in it. 

[quote name="BH1998" post="895531" timestamp="1288799115"]
I know no kids are throwing in the 90s on BH, would be nice but dont see it.  If we had that they sure would not had been on JV, Coach did win a few in his day and would had rode that arm if it was there.  Give me the kid who has a 85-87 fast ball and a 78 mph breaking pitch and keeps batters off-balanced, I think we will have that at the Hill and there may be a few suprises that Denny does on the pitching staff, who knows, but it should be a fun year in 194A and a tougher district with the pitching in it. 
[/quote]

Well said....I look for BH and Crosby to contend for the district. BH has lots of experience and quality pitching depth.
Go Eagles !

• 1 month later...
Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BringinTheHeat" post="928771" timestamp="1291834409"]
See if this helps you on the BH schedule:

http://nse.bhisd.net/preview.aspx?name=Athletics.Baseball
[/quote]

Dang. I was just looking at this page too.

GCM has not released its 2011 schedule. I do know they are playing in the Humble, Huffman and GCM tournaments.

BARBERS HII ALWAYS THINK THEIR THE BEST TEAM IN ALL SPORTS,THAT IS TILL THEY GET THE BUTT WHIPPED,JUST LIKE WE DID THEM IN FOOTBALL.THAT IS WHY YOU PLAY THE GAME,EVERYBODY LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER,THEN WHEN THE LIGHTS GET TURNED ON AND IT'S TIME TO PERFORM ITS TWO DIFFERENT STORIES.SO LET THEM PLAY THE GAME AND THEN TALK NOISE IF YOU CAN

[quote name="bronco#34" post="928820" timestamp="1291837987"]
BARBERS HII ALWAYS THINK THEIR THE BEST TEAM IN ALL SPORTS,THAT IS TILL THEY GET THE BUTT WHIPPED,JUST LIKE WE DID THEM IN FOOTBALL.THAT IS WHY YOU PLAY THE GAME,EVERYBODY LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER,THEN WHEN THE LIGHTS GET TURNED ON AND IT'S TIME TO PERFORM ITS TWO DIFFERENT STORIES.SO LET THEM PLAY THE GAME AND THEN TALK NOISE IF YOU CAN
[/quote]

Football is about all you've beaten BH in.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="929371" timestamp="1291921290"]
[quote author=bronco#34 link=topic=71624.msg928820#msg928820 date=1291837987]
[/quote]

Football is about all you've beaten BH in.
[/quote]

And Water Polo. ;D

[quote name="underrated2010" post="863704" timestamp="1286001787"]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=71624.msg862222#msg862222 date=1285904427]
[quote author=24baseball24 link=topic=71624.msg861904#msg861904 date=1285892179]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=71624.msg861887#msg861887 date=1285890815]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=71624.msg861719#msg861719 date=1285874863]
[quote author=24baseball24 link=topic=71624.msg861689#msg861689 date=1285872792]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=71624.msg861660#msg861660 date=1285870973]
[quote author=24baseball24 link=topic=71624.msg861572#msg861572 date=1285866259]
[quote author=kindafunny link=topic=71624.msg861532#msg861532 date=1285863955]
bringintheheat gave a very good and accurate assement of the pitching staff from last year.
so my question to 24baseball24 is what 2 are you talking about?  and whats comming for us? ???
[/quote]
If you read posts from above: D. Wood threw 89-92 this summer and C. Erwin on a loose arm threw 91-94 this summer. Says so on my radar gun.
[/quote]

I think your gun needs calibrating.  ;)
[/quote]

The games improved since your son has been playing. BH is bringing in a lot more kids and have a lot more talent
[/quote]

First, my son only graduated in 2008......not too long ago   ??? ??? ???. I can promise you the '07 & '08 teams had plenty of talent , more than last year's....and that's not a knock on last year's team. 5 pitchers on the '08 team went on to pitch at the next level. Hales, Thamm, Silva, Kelley, and Burditt.
I hope these kids are throwing as well as you say. It's just not what I'm hearing from the contacts I have at the high school, select team, Juco, D1, and MLB scouting burea levels.....and from a couple of D1 recruiters. One from a university that you mentioned in your pm. Coach Denny had a gun on the kids that are in the baseball offseason within the last month. No one was over 86....and that wasn't from either of the two that you mention....one of which is not in the offseason program. I've been around the baseball recruiting and  the MLB draft deals long enough to know if you are a senior touching 94....you are already signed w/ at least a JuCO and more than likely a D1, or both, and scouts are around you thicker than thieves...even if you only played select ball your junior year.
Second, the growth rate in Barbers Hill is primarily at the primary school level. The enrollment figures for BH from the last 2 UIL classifiactions did not change all that much.

With that said,  best of luck to the BH Eagles and Coach Denny.
[/quote]

Your spot on with this post EAGLE07 and I agree completely. And to you 24baseball24. I don't know who you are but I have a pretty good idea. I'll offer you a little advice and you can take it for what it's worth. You are obviously someone who is a big fan of both of these kids and I can respect that, or someone that is throwing both of these kids purposely under the bus, which if this is the case I have no respect for you at all. The problem with what you have done is that you are trying to downplay and discredit the accomplishments of current teammates and past players of the Barbers Hill baseball program while at the same time trying to embellish the abilities of these two kids. I hope and pray for the sake of C. Erwin and D. Wood that they can live up to the expectations that you have set for them on this forum when baseball season rolls around in the spring. You have either blatantly or unknowingly set these 2 kids up for both failure and ridicule from their teammates and opponents before they even have a chance to get started. I really hope your radar gun was accurate! If not these 2 kids may be in for a really miserable senior year thanks to you!
[/quote]
I know for a fact that these two have pitched it in the summer. And Denny did have a gun on them when they threw from center feild to home plate which is a different then a pitch. And d. Wood threw 89 from that distants. For the 07 08 season it haS been one of the best teams that had came threw bh in a long time but couldn't even make it past the first round. Obviously not to good. These two kids are great kids throwing the ball hard and hitting their spots. Keep up the good work you are putting in. Don't have to listen to the hatred at bh from past dads

[/quote]First of all I haven't seen any past dads showing any hatred at BH. I for one am a past and current dad who just doesn't understand what your trying to accomplish. If you haven't noticed by now, I don't think anyone believes a word your saying and your posts are getting more and more unbelievable. Your bashing and trying to discredit the accomplishments of other current and former players isn't going to help get Irwin and Wood on the field this year. [b]It would appear to most that read this post that 24baseball24 is either C. Irwin or D. Wood trying to make himself and his buddy look good.[/b] Soooo, do C. Irwin and D. Wood a favor and quit talking about them. If they are as good as you say, their play will speak for itself when the baseball season get's here! They don't need your help. By the way, you need to know that if your only throwing 89 from the outfield with a crow hop, odds are your probably not going to bust 85 from the mound much less 92! Your numbers aren't matching up very well.
[/quote]

Definately agree with that RIP09. This guy just needs to stop posting this BS before he puts even more pressure on these kids. This is ridiculous!!

[/quote]
I don't know about Wood, but I know for a fact that 24 isn't Erwin.

Not knowing the boys being mentioned this year, I would be hard pressed to see ANY team in the area be close to the likes of BH with 2007 and 2008 pitching staff. That comes along once every 20 years to a highschool.
    Maybe Eagle 07 can tell me why they didn't go further, with that PS, it was a dream team?
    Saw them in early preseason tournament play, cannot remember where. If I remember right it was also a team filled with "linebacker" bodies.

Heard from scouts in attendence at the USA Team was stacked. Keep in mind it is a team from the whole nation, so you can expect such.
    Apparently Banditos hung with them, Oakland scout said Austin Dean ('12), Drake Roberts ('11) contributed on defense and at the plate. Tough team they have with all those top ranked players PLUS #2 ranked 2012 Nick Williams.
    That program is on the rise with top 2011 & 2012 talent. Trying to get name of the Bandito catcher who is a 2011? Geegander can you help?

Guest Ranger83
The Texas Sundevils also had the opportunity to play the 16u USA Team. Yes, they were stacked. Huge and athletic.

Not sure how many of the Banditios you mentioned played in their game with USA. I know they had a late game that Monday in Austin at a PG WWBA qualifier. That Bandito team with Hinojosa, Dean, Williams etc....is stacked itself. Not sure who the catcher is, probably Braden Mattson (TCU commit), Gee is man to ask for sure.

Is it Baseball season yet?!

[quote name="24baseball24" post="861689" timestamp="1285872792"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=71624.msg861660#msg861660 date=1285870973]
[quote author=24baseball24 link=topic=71624.msg861572#msg861572 date=1285866259]
[quote author=kindafunny link=topic=71624.msg861532#msg861532 date=1285863955]
bringintheheat gave a very good and accurate assement of the pitching staff from last year.
so my question to 24baseball24 is what 2 are you talking about?  and whats comming for us? ???
[/quote]
If you read posts from above: D. Wood threw 89-92 this summer and C. Erwin on a loose arm threw 91-94 this summer. Says so on my radar gun.
[/quote]

I think your gun needs calibrating.  ;)
[/quote]
The games improved since your son has been playing. [b]BH is bringing in a lot more kids and have a lot more talent[/b]
[/quote]
WOW! That's pretty harsh words. I see BH has another person on here that loves to slam other kids! What is up with that? I got news for you, they better have more than a descent fastball to be effective when they toe the rubber! I don't know anything about these two young men, I am sure they are good ball players. I do know that I have seen the other kids from BH over the last several years that you say were not very good because they didn't make it out of the first round. Your dead wrong. How does that make these young men not very good? Half of them went on to the next level and are still playing. Just because you lose in the first round of the playoffs means you are not good? You better hope BH gets out of the first round this year because if not then what are you going to say? Last time I checked it takes 9 young men to make a team, not 2 or 3.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124