HJ vs. Huffman-Hargrave predictions

Guest TheRanch
[quote name="East TX" post="823867" timestamp="1281310140"]
Huffman is the largest enrollment in Region III for 3A.  With some many kids to choose from they are fairly hard to beat in any sport!
[/quote]

ET what's up my man? Hope you and yours are well.

[quote name="East TX" post="823867" timestamp="1281310140"]
Huffman is the largest enrollment in Region III for 3A.  With so many kids to choose from they are fairly hard to beat in any sport!
[/quote]

Hmmm, Silsbee has had their way with them in football and basketball. ;)

Guest TheRanch
[quote name="Kris_Gilmore" post="823912" timestamp="1281319864"]
Wow I didn't know Huffman played Silsbee in basketball last year. Yes would they have beat Huffman, probably but to just say they did because they where Regional Champions.
[/quote]

Say what Coach? They are talking football silly. You still in Huffman? How is your CC team looking this year?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="823895" timestamp="1281314796"]
[quote author=quickfeet01 link=topic=71475.msg823891#msg823891 date=1281314014]
Huffman and silsbee will see each other again more than likely. It will be interesting to see if Silsbee can beat them without JJ
[/quote]

I believe they will. ;)
[/quote]
I agree..... Huffman has more students but Silsbee has more athletes

[quote name="Kris_Gilmore" post="823912" timestamp="1281319864"]
Wow I didn't know Huffman played Silsbee in basketball last year. Yes would they have beat Huffman, probably but to just say they did because they where Regional Champions.
[/quote]
Even though they have not played everybody knows that Silsbee would slaughter Huffman in basketball……
It would be like Houston Yates vs. Helen Keller School for the blind

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Tiger05" post="823987" timestamp="1281359290"]
[quote author=Kris_Gilmore link=topic=71475.msg823912#msg823912 date=1281319864]
[/quote]
Even though they have not played everybody knows that Silsbee would slaughter Huffman in basketball……
It would be like Houston Yates vs. Helen Keller School for the blind

[/quote]

We enjoy being the "Helen Kellers" right? I think that Huffman will have a good team this year and think they will do well come post season. They have a very solid senior class that can throw the football and think they demonstrated that last year when they played the Tigers. Huffman 28 HJ 14 in my opinion. BTW Huffman has a really bb coach and young team in bb and will be heard from this year. Sorry for totally hijacking a thread.

[quote name="hjhawks" post="823865" timestamp="1281309857"]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=71475.msg823594#msg823594 date=1281209300]
Huffman 28 - HJ 7
[/quote][quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=71475.msg823697#msg823697 date=1281235933]
Huffman 35 - HJ 7  no contest.
[/quote]

[color=red]what would you base this on[/color]???
[/quote]HJ lost a lot of SRS. call it like i see it.

HJ lost alot of seniors true. but most of the returners and people coming up is more athletic and more physical than most seniors last year(the big loss was turner-RB and venable -QB). HJ is returning all recievers from last year and i think they have the RB situation locked down. the defense will be better than it was last year especially the 2ndary.

[quote name="HJfan2" post="824259" timestamp="1281439933"]
HJ lost alot of seniors true. but most of the returners and people coming up is more athletic and more physical than most seniors last year(the big loss was turner-RB and venable -QB). HJ is returning all recievers from last year and i think they have the RB situation locked down. the defense will be better than it was last year especially the 2ndary.
[/quote]Guess i'll reserve my opinion until after i see a couple of scrimmages.

[quote name="HJfan2" post="824259" timestamp="1281439933"]
[/quote]

Last years Senior Class was very athletic.. I dont think that the defense will be better.. You lost 3 Defensive linemen, The whole LB core, and your whole Secondary.. 5 of those started since they were sophmores.. Nick McCown - Safety led the team in Tackles, Luke Walters LB a close second both were Seniors.. You only have one returning starter, and a few players that got some PT last year, but i dont see the defense being better than last years..

the secondary from lst year couldnt cover someone 2 save there lives. nick mccown did lead the team in tackles he was a monster at safety and was the most athletic on the field but still couldnt cover someone and you cant say im wrong. the only problem is our d line and there getting there stuff together. the whole secondary this year and linebackers run 4.9s-4.5 and they are most athletic than last years. i think this year the defense will be better hands down at the run and pass. alot of people is gonna underestimate HJ this year. jus wait and see.

[quote name="HJfan2" post="824538" timestamp="1281526119"]
the secondary from lst year couldnt cover someone 2 save there lives. nick mccown did lead the team in tackles he was a monster at safety and was the most athletic on the field but still couldnt cover someone and you cant say im wrong. the only problem is our d line and there getting there stuff together. the whole secondary this year and linebackers run 4.9s-4.5 and they are most athletic than last years. i think this year the defense will be better hands down at the run and pass. alot of people is gonna underestimate HJ this year. jus wait and see.
[/quote]

I agree.. There is some talent in this years Sr/Jr class that can fill some spots.. they can all play, just gotta step up and compete.. Who will be filling in the missing D-line spots? Ames will be the only returner at DE, lost some big guys on the DL Sechler, Leger, and Brown.. and the LB core was very talented last year as well, Walters, Michelle, Ainsworth, and Corbello got their jobs done.. but there are some guys like Walker, Anderson, Taylor that could fill those spots and they will be good there.. Secondary could be good this year, got the athletes to fill those spots, but McCown is a big loss.. Not saying it isn't possible for this years defense to be good, just lost ALOT of guys that could play.. some of the new guys gotta step up and fill in

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics