Select Softball Conflict with School Sports

[quote name="Tigers9" post="821555" timestamp="1280355498"]
Can't be talking to me...since I didn't attend one basketball game last year. 
[/quote]I'm talking to you, and what I am saying is your cheap shot is off the subject .  Apparently you have a vendetta with more than just the football staff.  As for the baskeball comment.. it's been deleted.  I confused you with another of your kind.... you all sound alike to me.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I have been called a belittler and dumb, by you, YG2009, it's my turn.  You see, the time missed "a couple of practices" as you put it is a little more significant than you'd have us believe.  You see Orangefield, and every other high school volleyball team in the State of Texas, can't begin two-a-day practices until August 2nd.  Sorry, I didn't dictate that, nor did Mr. Huckabay or Coach Holbrooks, if you have an issue with that you need to take that up with Dr. Odenwald in Austin, I am sure that he would LOVE to hear you views on select vs. high school sports.  Back to the schedule, with the Southern Nationals (which is as I now understand a qualifier tournament, rather than the holy grail as you first portrayed it to be) being scheduled as they are, the ladies in question would miss half of the scheduled two a days PLUS the two scheduled scrimmages in Nederland on the 6th and Vidor on the 7th before the season starts on the 10th.  So the athletic director of the school district has a policy in place that such absenteeism should prevent that lady from being on the volleyball team.  That is unreasonable how?  If you are going to try and paint Coach Huckabay as some unyielding ogre, you had better come with better facts than that!

I am not, as you alleged, trying to belittle the efforts on these young women.  That they are driven enough to practice and go to these tournaments are proof enough to me of their drive.  And their attempts to ease the financial burden of their families by "plying their trade" in order to gain valuable college scholarships is beyond admirable. In fact, that they are doing this and dealing with the myopic likes of you qualifies them for sainthood in my eyes!  I hope for all of the sacrifice that this process does open the doors that they are hoping for because with everything they put up with on the field and off of it, the do earnestly deserve it.  However, in attempting to open those doors, no one can reasonably expect the high school to keep certain doors ajar for them.  As loudly as you may shout it, select softball is not the only game in town and to try and paint Coach Huckabay as some sort of devil when he realizes what you wish not to believe is the actual belittling in this matter.

And if you have come to this message board to do so, it is you, sir, who are in the wrong place!

The discussion is about the conflict of select sports with school sports, and you feel compelled to take cheap shots at coaching staff?    How about we all go down and "observe" you doing your job, shout insults at you, and then post on a public forum how WE think YOU should do it?
[/quote]

IQ=??? You cant even figure out who youre insulting, nothing but cheap spit spews from your mouth!

I did not take a cheap shot....in fact it had nothing to do with the ability to coach!  If you care to do a fact check with me then lets do it!

You call ME out, did you find anything I said to be false....would you like police reports and news paper clippings to show the records of the players in question.....would you like to have a Q&A with my daughter and the VB coaches in question....nothing to hide baby....bring it on! In fact I have commplimented the SB coach and the track coach on several occaisons!

Exactly who is "my kind" and "you all" exactly....those that stand behind the backstop and support our coach 100%, show up to do field duty when it rains (because the school wont do it) so the girls can play, help build batting cages (because the school wont do it) help our kids (and any other kid) excel (when the football team isnt practicing on the SOFTBALL field) show up for fundraiser......so sure show up....we could use some help....and after all of that, if you find something to critize please lets discuss it!

by the way.....Craig Soignet here......I will never hide behind a screen name......or say anything on here I would say not in public, or in front of anyone...come on out and play!

And my comments have everything to do with select and HS sports.....the rules are different for girls (since it was a dad of a girl athlete that posted this) and the boys........that has alot to do with the rules they try to enforce to one side and not the other.

Nevermind Mr. Franks........I better understand your closed minded one sided coaches support

[quote name="Tigers9" post="821603" timestamp="1280364108"]
[quote]
The discussion is about the conflict of select sports with school sports, and you feel compelled to take cheap shots at coaching staff?    How about we all go down and "observe" you doing your job, shout insults at you, and then post on a public forum how WE think YOU should do it?
[/quote]

IQ=??? You cant even figure out who youre insulting, nothing but cheap spit spews from your mouth!

I did not take a cheap shot....in fact it had nothing to do with the ability to coach!  If you care to do a fact check with me then lets do it!

You call ME out, did you find anything I said to be false....would you like police reports and news paper clippings to show the records of the players in question.....would you like to have a Q&A with my daughter and the VB coaches in question....nothing to hide baby....bring it on! In fact I have commplimented the SB coach and the track coach on several occaisons!

Exactly who is "my kind" and "you all" exactly....those that stand behind the backstop and support our coach 100%, show up to do field duty when it rains (because the school wont do it) so the girls can play, help build batting cages (because the school wont do it) help our kids (and any other kid) excel (when the football team isnt practicing on the SOFTBALL field) show up for fundraiser......so sure show up....we could use some help....and after all of that, if you find something to critize please lets discuss it!

by the way.....Craig Soignet here......I will never hide behind a screen name......or say anything on here I would say not in public, or in front of anyone...come on out and play!

And my comments have everything to do with select and HS sports.....the rules are different for girls (since it was a dad of a girl athlete that posted this) and the boys........that has alot to do with the rules they try to enforce to one side and not the other.

[/quote]

Well, perhaps as some schools but not in the one that has brought about this thread.  I recently had to change the football preview for Orangefield simply because the AD, who is also the football coach, had the same rules for select baseball as he does for softball and, as a result lost his starting quarterback, who decided to play baseball.  You can argue that this is the folly and in same ways I may agree, but I can't agree that it is a completely baseless policy.

I normally never grace my presence here because obvious reasons, but today something posted by Tiger9 was brought to my attention. Oh....Tiger9, I think you know very well at what level my little Tiger plays SB at, select and high school. She also played in showcase tournaments this summer, 2nd place in Colorado, and I'm sure You have looked at her stats! She also enjoys very much playing volleyball for the Silsbee Lady Tigers. So before you let Stupidity spew out the front of your face or fingertips, you might want to remember who you talking about! You haven't stopped whinning from All District and I can assure you degrading my daughter on here is not the best choice for you.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="821563" timestamp="1280356794"]
Now that I have been called a belittler and dumb, by you, YG2009, it's my turn.  You see, the time missed "a couple of practices" as you put it is a little more significant than you'd have us believe.  You see Orangefield, and every other high school volleyball team in the State of Texas, can't begin two-a-day practices until August 2nd.  Sorry, I didn't dictate that, nor did Mr. Huckabay or Coach Holbrooks, if you have an issue with that you need to take that up with Dr. Odenwald in Austin, I am sure that he would LOVE to hear you views on select vs. high school sports.  Back to the schedule, with the Southern Nationals (which is as I now understand a qualifier tournament, rather than the holy grail as you first portrayed it to be) being scheduled as they are, the ladies in question would miss half of the scheduled two a days PLUS the two scheduled scrimmages in Nederland on the 6th and Vidor on the 7th before the season starts on the 10th.  So the athletic director of the school district has a policy in place that such absenteeism should prevent that lady from being on the volleyball team.  That is unreasonable how?  If you are going to try and paint Coach Huckabay as some unyielding ogre, you had better come with better facts than that!

I am not, as you alleged, trying to belittle the efforts on these young women.  That they are driven enough to practice and go to these tournaments are proof enough to me of their drive.  And their attempts to ease the financial burden of their families by "plying their trade" in order to gain valuable college scholarships is beyond admirable. In fact, that they are doing this and dealing with the myopic likes of you qualifies them for sainthood in my eyes!  I hope for all of the sacrifice that this process does open the doors that they are hoping for because with everything they put up with on the field and off of it, the do earnestly deserve it.  However, in attempting to open those doors, no one can reasonably expect the high school to keep certain doors ajar for them.  As loudly as you may shout it, select softball is not the only game in town and to try and paint Coach Huckabay as some sort of devil when he realizes what you wish not to believe is the actual belittling in this matter.

And if you have come to this message board to do so, it is you, sir, who are in the wrong place![/quote]

GREAT POST WOSGRAD.....Could not agree more!!!!

[quote name="white/tiger" post="821612" timestamp="1280365491"]
I normally never grace my presence here because obvious reasons, but today something posted by Tiger9 was brought to my attention. Oh....Tiger9, I think you know very well at what level my little Tiger plays SB at, select and high school. She also played in showcase tournaments this summer, 2nd place in Colorado, and I'm sure You have looked at her stats! She also enjoys very much playing volleyball for the Silsbee Lady Tigers. So before you let Stupidity spew out the front of your face or fingertips, you might want to remember who you talking about! You haven't stopped whinning from All District and I can assure you degrading my daughter on here is not the best choice for you.
[/quote]

And I did that when? Your daughter played JV volleyball, which did not apply to the situation in which I am refering, your kid didnt even go to school here during these episodes!

Second....whinning about All District.....really? please tell me when YOU heard me make a "single" comment....ah, of course....you heard it from yada yada yada!

Guest bleed orange
WOW, this has gotten way out of control and needs to stop. Somethings should be kept in house and this is one of them. Say what you want about the AD but he is fair across the board. Plain and simple. We are lucky to have him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed