west orange stark @ friendswood @ Deer Park

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="skipper" post="833394" timestamp="1283027329"]
what was told me on 3Adownlow ,FW walks on water.ok i know you know how BIG and FAST you guys there in FW are and i belive that (BUT YOU DONT WALK ON WATER) someone there in orange better call coach hooks and tell him all about FW.let me tell you this FWfan ,down in our part of the state,there are  some teams big and fast so size and speed is not new to the kids there in orange year in year out that is what wo-s faces just away of life down here in these parts.wo-s played agnest one of the best player in the state there in silsbee and he was a one man show he took us down.the best part of this is that wo-s has a 50-50 chance agnest you and i belive wo-s has a few back that faced this young man from silsbee .would you do the kids there in west orange a fav please dont beat them over 30 points ;)
[/quote]

All joking aside - we are glad Van Meter scheduled this game against one of the best 3a programs historically. It will be fun and we of course know WOS is good. We are just yanking some low hanging chains!

[quote name="skipper" post="833394" timestamp="1283027329"]
what was told me on 3Adownlow ,FW walks on water.ok i know you know how BIG and FAST you guys there in FW are and i belive that (BUT YOU DONT WALK ON WATER) someone there in orange better call coach hooks and tell him all about FW.let me tell you this FWfan ,down in our part of the state,there are  some teams big and fast so size and speed is not new to the kids there in orange year in year out that is what wo-s faces just away of life down here in these parts.wo-s played agnest one of the best player in the state there in silsbee and he was a one man show he took us down.the best part of this is that wo-s has a 50-50 chance agnest you and i belive wo-s has a few back that faced this young man from silsbee .would you do the kids there in west orange a fav please dont beat them over 30 points ;)
[/quote]

Skipper, you know as well as I know, Silsbee wasn't a "one-man" team last year. Besides, since when do WOS teams lose to "one-man" teams? ;) ::)

[quote name="skipper" post="833454" timestamp="1283029155"]
i will give you two---kirbyville and silsbee and you can put jasper in there f you like. THAY LOOK LIKE LUMBERJACKS
[/quote]

Friendswood has much more size and numbers than Silsbee, Kirbyville, and Jasper. Your comparison is weak.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="833500" timestamp="1283030465"]
you guys like to pick on little ole 3A Schools dont you?
[/quote]

We love playing Nederland, Dayton, PNG and WOS - great passion and lots of fans. Face it, we all think our community and our teams are the best! Looking forward to a great game, even with all our trash talking. Thank goodness the boys play the game not us!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="833358" timestamp="1283024711"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg833213#msg833213 date=1283013907]
You FW folks are legends in your own minds... LOL Ain't never done nothin, but gonna ask if WE are "re-assessing our chances". OK, so you beat a team that has a player, but got beat up on by a 3A "also ran".... WOW! You can bet WO-S will arrive at Deer Park ready to play... FW better do the same. ;D ;)
[/quote]

You WOS folks are legends in your own minds, won some state titles a few years ago, beat a slow Nederland team with no speed and no Qb and think you intimidate folks with SPEED! Better be ready, ps too bad you thought Angleton was gonna beat us Gasilla - nice name by the way - cousin of the cartoon character Godzilla??
[/quote]

LOL... I will give you 10 bucks if you can go back and find where I said I thought Angleton would beat FW. I was fairly certain FW would win that game because Angleton isn't as good as expected, at least at this point. It was YOU people (like that Friendswoodfan) that think Angleton is some kind of wonderful, using them as an example of top notch programs you face. Which, in the grand scheme of things, is just another program wanna be that ain't done nothin.

Again, you guys are the folks here predicting lopsided victories, not us. I think most WOS fans understand we have a tough task ahead of us with FW. The fact that you totally disregard any possible chance that WOS could win this game just shows your lack of real football knowledge, especially with regard to any program outside of your immediate area. You people are just rabid fans... Not real interested in reality.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="833534" timestamp="1283031579"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=71184.msg833454#msg833454 date=1283029155]
i will give you two---kirbyville and silsbee and you can put jasper in there f you like. THAY LOOK LIKE LUMBERJACKS
[/quote]

Friendswood has much more size and numbers than Silsbee, Kirbyville, and Jasper. Your comparison is weak.
[/quote]

Sorry Skipper, but you are not helping...

[quote name="Gasilla" post="833544" timestamp="1283031794"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg833358#msg833358 date=1283024711]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg833213#msg833213 date=1283013907]
You FW folks are legends in your own minds... LOL Ain't never done nothin, but gonna ask if WE are "re-assessing our chances". OK, so you beat a team that has a player, but got beat up on by a 3A "also ran".... WOW! You can bet WO-S will arrive at Deer Park ready to play... FW better do the same. ;D ;)
[/quote]

You WOS folks are legends in your own minds, won some state titles a few years ago, beat a slow Nederland team with no speed and no Qb and think you intimidate folks with SPEED! Better be ready, ps too bad you thought Angleton was gonna beat us Gasilla - nice name by the way - cousin of the cartoon character Godzilla??
[/quote]

LOL... I will give you 10 bucks if you can go back and find where I said I thought Angleton would beat FW. I was fairly certain FW would win that game because Angleton isn't as good as expected, at least at this point. It was YOU people (like that Friendswoodfan) that think Angleton is some kind of wonderful, using them as an example of top notch programs you face. Which, in the grand scheme of things, is just another program wanna be that ain't done nothin.

Again, you guys are the folks here predicting lopsided victories, not us. I think most WOS fans understand we have a tough task ahead of us with FW. The fact that you totally disregard any possible chance that WOS could win this game just shows your lack of real football knowledge, especially with regard to any program outside of your immediate area. You people are just rabid fans... Not real interested in reality.
[/quote]

You need to chill and realize there is a lot of chain yanking going on, by both sides - you and me included. We will not take WOS lightly and we of course think we will win. Your comments about Angleton show that your chain yanking is becoming rather irrational - Angleton had a very very good team, was preseason ranked number 6 in the state and we all felt they were over rated. But keep in mind their fans were reacting like WOS and FW whenever a flaw was pointed out, human nature and why we play the games!! Good luck and of course I think FW is going to win and of course I will reject your arguments!! Aint this fun? I know, I am a typical arrogant FW fan! I guess that makes you a typical WOS fan - right? Makes this fun!

GassyHead, please check with your fellow SETX friends.  I may be annoying as all get out, but my evaluation of your SETX teams, and how they will fare against FW, has been spot on for many years now!  In fact, with one exception -- Nederland baseball two years ago -- I have correctly predicted the winning team and the point spread in EVERY game that I have weighed in on.  So, when I say FW by 30 you can take it to the bank.

Sayin Angleton has a quality fb team and using it as a leverage tool shows ya don't know fb good as ya think.Granted you've owned Dayton but most every game 4 of 7 by 3 pts.or less.Back to why you're so high on Angleton who is 45-42 in last 10 yrs-Since 1990=95-104-2.Got no horse in this contest and don't care other than I hope no kid gets hurt.FW stands on their own record and it's been really good as has WOS.Kids will decide who gets the braggin rights but I'm pickin FW by 3 scores.

[quote name="liltex" post="833812" timestamp="1283042462"]
Sayin Angleton has a quality fb team and using it as a leverage tool shows ya don't know fb good as ya think.Granted you've owned Dayton but most every game 4 of 7 by 3 pts.or less.Back to why you're so high on Angleton who is 45-42 in last 10 yrs-Since 1990=95-104-2.Got no horse in this contest and don't care other than I hope no kid gets hurt.FW stands on their own record and it's been really good as has WOS.Kids will decide who gets the braggin rights but I'm pickin FW by 3 scores.
[/quote]

You just talked in circles!! So since Angleton is 45-42 in the last 10 years they are not any good. I see. I  guess the fact that they made it to the 3rd round a lost a game they should have won to Brenham who made it to the championship means they are not as good as the teams that had better records over the past 10 years. Damn - they should have just told the UIL they did not deserve to be in the playoffs! Now we all know that it appears that Angleton is over ranked at 6th in the state, but I think it is safe to say they are better than most 3a teams agreed? So we think maybe we got a feel for how we stack up against a good 3a team. Appreciate the fact that you think we will win by 3 td's, but did not follow your logic.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="833851" timestamp="1283045324"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=71184.msg833812#msg833812 date=1283042462]
[/quote]

You just talked in circles!! So since Angleton is 45-42 in the last 10 years they are not any good. I see. I  guess the fact that they made it to the 3rd round a lost a game they should have won to Brenham who made it to the championship means they are not as good as the teams that had better records over the past 10 years. dang - they should have just told the UIL they did not deserve to be in the playoffs! Now we all know that it appears that Angleton is over ranked at 6th in the state, but I think it is safe to say they are better than most 3a teams agreed? So we think maybe we got a feel for how we stack up against a good 3a team. Appreciate the fact that you think we will win by 3 td's, but did not follow your logic.
[/quote]

...BUT  ;D you are talking about last year. He is talking about the last 10 years... what's the difference? It's all in the past. What Angleton did last year ain't gonna get them nothin this year... ;). And that #6 ranking would be better used by printing it out and using it for toilet paper. This year Angleton got pounded by a 3A team that isn't good. So you really think they give you a good idea about how you will fare against a GOOD 3A team? I am soooooo ready for Friday!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="834040" timestamp="1283053831"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg833851#msg833851 date=1283045324]
[/quote]

You just talked in circles!! So since Angleton is 45-42 in the last 10 years they are not any good. I see. I  guess the fact that they made it to the 3rd round a lost a game they should have won to Brenham who made it to the championship means they are not as good as the teams that had better records over the past 10 years. dang - they should have just told the UIL they did not deserve to be in the playoffs! Now we all know that it appears that Angleton is over ranked at 6th in the state, but I think it is safe to say they are better than most 3a teams agreed? So we think maybe we got a feel for how we stack up against a good 3a team. Appreciate the fact that you think we will win by 3 td's, but did not follow your logic.
[/quote]

...BUT  ;D you are talking about last year. He is talking about the last 10 years... what's the difference? It's all in the past. What Angleton did last year ain't gonna get them nothin this year... ;). And that #6 ranking would be better used by printing it out and using it for toilet paper. This year Angleton got pounded by a 3A team that isn't good. So you really think they give you a good idea about how you will fare against a GOOD 3A team? I am soooooo ready for Friday!
[/quote]

Thanks for playing into my trap, all the posts about how great the program is and we will win because of this and that, mean nothing. But since that is all we have to go with in the preseason, one would think the data from last year would be better than the last 10 year stuff!! Right Gassy - great name that fits the quality of posts. If you can not see the difference in that logic, well I guess we understand what level you work at!! Pounded in a scrimmage dude, we all have read the posts knowing that means nada also, right!! Eat your wheaties for Friday - you will need them. Make sure you show up now, dont back out!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="834210" timestamp="1283092263"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg834040#msg834040 date=1283053831]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg833851#msg833851 date=1283045324]
[/quote]

You just talked in circles!! So since Angleton is 45-42 in the last 10 years they are not any good. I see. I  guess the fact that they made it to the 3rd round a lost a game they should have won to Brenham who made it to the championship means they are not as good as the teams that had better records over the past 10 years. dang - they should have just told the UIL they did not deserve to be in the playoffs! Now we all know that it appears that Angleton is over ranked at 6th in the state, but I think it is safe to say they are better than most 3a teams agreed? So we think maybe we got a feel for how we stack up against a good 3a team. Appreciate the fact that you think we will win by 3 td's, but did not follow your logic.
[/quote]

...BUT  ;D you are talking about last year. He is talking about the last 10 years... what's the difference? It's all in the past. What Angleton did last year ain't gonna get them nothin this year... ;). And that #6 ranking would be better used by printing it out and using it for toilet paper. This year Angleton got pounded by a 3A team that isn't good. So you really think they give you a good idea about how you will fare against a GOOD 3A team? I am soooooo ready for Friday!
[/quote]

Thanks for playing into my trap, all the posts about how great the program is and we will win because of this and that, mean nothing. But since that is all we have to go with in the preseason, one would think the data from last year would be better than the last 10 year stuff!! Right Gassy - great name that fits the quality of posts. If you can not see the difference in that logic, well I guess we understand what level you work at!! Pounded in a scrimmage dude, we all have read the posts knowing that means nada also, right!! Eat your wheaties for Friday - you will need them. Make sure you show up now, dont back out!
[/quote]

Trap??? LOL... You know as well as I do you are just rambling. You get called on it and now it's a trap and you mean't to do it... RRRRRRRight!!! ;) Who said scrimmages don't mean anything? Not me, that's how I knew your "holy grail of football", Angleton, wasn't any good. And I'm glad you FW folk like my name. Original isn't it...  ;) One more thing, please quit trying so hard to look intelligent, the content of your posts are exposing your real intellect and I'm almost (almost) embarrassed for you.  ;D

The Wheaties comment is just stupid (how old are you again? Thirty Four years past graduation, so that would make you what? 52? Again, I'm embarrassed) and anyone who knows me knows I'm going to show up Friday. ;)

HAHA friendswood by 27??? This stuff is just getting funnier by the day LOL Look friendswood might win but it won't be a blowout! They will have to make long sustained drives down the field everytime they score, because they will not be able to blow by us for a big play. And then they will have to try to stop one of the best big play teams in the state everytime we touch the ball! So i just expect a really good hard fought game from both squads!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83