west orange stark @ friendswood @ Deer Park

i doubt fw will be too concerned with the wos speed.  they face that  on a regular basis.  im so sick of  people talking about speed and fw not being prepared for it.  every year we hear the same garbage.  dayton is so fast, bmt central is so fast, nederland is so fast.  look at the results folks ots a football game not a track event.  i dont know about everyone else but i know fw puts football players on the field and good ones.im no sure why people think fw is slow,they have speed in the right positions just maybe not the wealth of it as some teams
 once again they have football players that are very well coached and they flat execute better then pretty much everyone.  with that being said leave the track shoes at home it wont work to well for anyone.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rjn75" post="826159" timestamp="1282002634"]
i doubt fw will be too concerned with the wos speed.  they face that  on a regular basis.  im so sick of  people talking about speed and fw not being prepared for it.  every year we hear the same garbage.  dayton is so fast, bmt central is so fast, nederland is so fast.  look at the results folks ots a football game not a track event.  i dont know about everyone else but i know fw puts football players on the field and good ones.im no sure why people think fw is slow,they have speed in the right positions just maybe not the wealth of it as some teams
 once again they have football players that are very well coached and they flat execute better then pretty much everyone.  with that being said leave the track shoes at home it wont work to well for anyone.
[/quote]

You know, I've been reading all you FW folks posts and I was thinking the same thing... I wish I had a dime for every team that has come into a game talking about how they would outsize us and out depth us... It don't matter, we face that crap all the time. And regardless of what happened in our scrimmage against Dayton, unless you FW people have had your head stuck in the sand for the last 20 yrs (inlcuding one FW pounding back in 2000), you should know that predicting a 20+ point blowout is foolish. Dayton had the benefit of getting us in our first action against another team this year. You won't have that benefit. They also played 3 more games than we did last year which makes a difference. Just make sure you guys don't disappear after all these lofty predictions... Oh yeah, you guys have also made it abundantly clear that you are 6-0 against Dayton... Dayton has never beaten us in a real game either...

WOS has some size & speed and FW plays smart football.If you got speedy special teams guys they play keep away w/kicks.They are very well coached and have a good game plan but they are beatable if you don't make many mistakes.If I were WOS work on some trick plays to fool the DL just long enuff to get in the secondary.Now there is where you can beat em-Secondary.They will be big/physical up front-always have been.

[quote name="rjn75" post="826159" timestamp="1282002634"]
[/quote]
You better learn your SETX football Nederland has never been known for speed. They are and always have been more of a well coached physical style team. They have also been going through a slump athletic wise. I remember watching a Nederland team dismantle Friendswood back about 10 years ago  over at Rice in the playoffs.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="826172" timestamp="1282006271"]
Again, you're creating an argument that doesn't exist.
No one said that speed was going to make WOS beat FW.
The point I made was a single, solitary point.
WOS can run circles around FW in the speed dept.  I never claimed that one should infer anything from that fact.
[/quote]

And I am sure you are faster than Lake Travis. Congratulations. What else do you want us to say? Folks are asking who is going to win the game and you keep saying yall are faster. We understand your belief, but again - how do you know you are faster? PS - I think only a couple people have predicted a 20 point win, many others have it close. I have no clue - never seen you play. If Dayton is a gauge, and it may or may not be, then you could be in trouble. But I take scrimmages with a grain of salt. FW scored on every possession against Galveston Ball last year in our scrimmage, and look how well Ball ended up doing! We will only know after the game. But I will be back to talk to Gasilla!!

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="826293" timestamp="1282051270"]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=71184.msg826159#msg826159 date=1282002634]
[/quote]
You better learn your SETX football Nederland has never been known for speed. They are and always have been more of a well coached physical style team. They have also been going through a slump athletic wise. I remember watching a Nederland team dismantle Friendswood back about 10 years ago  over at Rice in the playoffs.

And I remember last year - your point is?
[/quote]

HAHA its really funny how all of the friendswood fans out there are talking all this smack on WOS after we have one bad scrimmage. We just had a real good scrimmage tonight so do we have the right to say were gonna kill ya'll now? NO these are scrimmage's! Where teams try to improve and get to mid season form early! Count us out if ya'll want to but we know how good we really are! And all im saying is it would be really embarassing for ya'll if we walked out of deer park that night with a win! We got nothing to lose, since we've apparently already lost this game! HAHA

[quote name="fwstangs" post="827516" timestamp="1282259966"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=71184.msg826172#msg826172 date=1282006271]
Again, you're creating an argument that doesn't exist.
No one said that speed was going to make WOS beat FW.
The point I made was a single, solitary point.
WOS can run circles around FW in the speed dept.  I never claimed that one should infer anything from that fact.
[/quote]

And I am sure you are faster than Lake Travis. Congratulations. What else do you want us to say? Folks are asking who is going to win the game and you keep saying yall are faster. We understand your belief, but again - how do you know you are faster? PS - I think only a couple people have predicted a 20 point win, many others have it close. I have no clue - never seen you play. If Dayton is a gauge, and it may or may not be, then you could be in trouble. But I take scrimmages with a grain of salt. FW scored on every possession against Galveston Ball last year in our scrimmage, and look how well Ball ended up doing! We will only know after the game. But I will be back to talk to Gasilla!!
[/quote]

Make sure you are because I sure as heck will be!

I ain't got a horse in this race  ;D get it? But WOS doesn't have a chance. FW is too big and too strong (and fast)! I've seen them beat us (Dayton) for the last several years and if they have anywhere close to the same team as the last two years it's done. WOS should just look at this game as another scrimmage.  

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="827691" timestamp="1282274197"]
I ain't got a horse in this race  ;D get it? But WOS doesn't have a chance. FW is too big and too strong (and fast)! I've seen them beat us (Dayton) for the last several years and if they have anywhere close to the same team as the last two years it's done. WOS should just look at this game as another scrimmage.  
[/quote]

LOL... WOS always has a chance...

[quote name="the-riot07" post="827658" timestamp="1282272486"]
HAHA its really funny how all of the friendswood fans out there are talking all this smack on WOS after we have one bad scrimmage. We just had a real good scrimmage tonight so do we have the right to say were gonna kill ya'll now? NO these are scrimmage's! Where teams try to improve and get to mid season form early! Count us out if ya'll want to but we know how good we really are! And all im saying is it would be really embarassing for ya'll if we walked out of deer park that night with a win! We got nothing to lose, since we've apparently already lost this game! HAHA
[/quote]

The riot - read post above - then remove foot from mouth!! So glad yall had a good scrimmage - who did you play. What year do you graduate, 2011 or 12?

Of course WOS is faster than LT.
I never claimed that speed was all it took to win football games. 
I was merely replying to one small quote in the thread.  WOS may have trouble with FW's size and execution, but WOS can run circles around FW in the speed department.

[url=http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/local/west_orange-stark_wins_state_track_title.html]WOS 2010 state champs[/url]

[quote]The West Orange-Stark boys smiled broadly, clearly enjoying the moment.
The Mustangs stood atop a podium and posed for pictures, more pictures and even more pictures. It took more than five minutes to pry the group from the award stand Saturday afternoon.
But they had good reason to savor the moment. For the second year in a row, the Mustangs won the Class 3A state track and field title.
"It's extremely hard to win a state championship, especially back to back," said WO-S coach Toby Foreman, whose team won its first state track title in school history last season. "The weather conditions weren't the best. So for these guys to come out and still compete to the best of their ability and win is amazing. They all did a great job."[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami