19-4A vs 20-4A Who would win?

Central has historically been tough for Dayton, i guess it would be the overall team speed that Dayton struggles with. I remember that night at Babe in '06. Ford Smesny[i](Currently, Starting Buck Safety at McNeese)[/i] blocked the extra point to save the game for Dayton. It was the second most exciting game i've watched live.
In '07 if remember correctly, it was long struggle with Dayton scoring every once in a while. Central had the ball a lot, would march down the field, tried to convert on many fourth downs and not getting many. Central respected Dayton's offense and did not want to give the ball back, they just couldn't punch it in on that 2007 Bronco defense. 20-0 I believe was the final.

All that said, no one over in the Beaumont area gave Dayton more trouble than Central,  >:( except Hook's Mustangs.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 2coolfishing.com the mods actually give an explanation as to why threads get shutdown.  They also respond to requests on threads before deleting them. I enjoy this site but I really think that there could be some improvements made.  After reading through some of the posts, it looks like soulja locked the 19-4A thread, if that's the case, soulja should say why and site whatever rule was violated. The deletion of the thread asking to unlock the thread was chickensomething.  I'm going to take the web traffic elsewhere for awhile.  I hope the mods/admins can do a little better in the future.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="818569" timestamp="1279306524"]
At 2coolfishing.com the mods actually give an explanation as to why threads get shutdown.  They also respond to requests on threads before deleting them. I enjoy this site but I really think that there could be some improvements made.  After reading through some of the posts, it looks like soulja locked the 19-4A thread, if that's the case, soulja should say why and site whatever rule was violated. The deletion of the thread asking to unlock the thread was chickensomething.  I'm going to take the web traffic elsewhere for awhile.  I hope the mods/admins can do a little better in the future.
[/quote]Unwarranted Censorship - least its politically correct - I can hear Mel Gibson in "Brave Heart" shouting out -freeeedommmm- I also can hear Pee-Herman singing "I got the Power " ----

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="818569" timestamp="1279306524"]
[/quote]

I have no idea who locked it but, I agree with it. Many rules were violated and in some cases skirted. Reference body parts, alluding to profanity, and  off hand sexual innuendo's. It needed to stop, it's not our job to re-post the rules everytime someone breaks them. Go read them and then follow them. If you can't we would rather you spend your on-line time somewhere else.

Here is a link to the forum rules:
http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

My issue is not so much with the thread being locked.  The issue is that no one says, "Hey, I locked the thread because ______". After reading the thread, soulja gave a couple of warnings, that's more than most of the mods do. One simple suggestion is to have a 21 and up forum that is free of censors, this is something that many successful sites offer.  Whether the rules were broken, that is questionable, I acknowledge the sexual innuendo and allusions.  But an allusion to profanity is not by rule profanity.  It doesn't really matter, but if the rules are to be strictly followed, alot of the threads need to be deleted. I'd say any thread that has BlowU in it is in violation.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="818578" timestamp="1279309030"]
My issue is not so much with the thread being locked.  The issue is that no one says, "Hey, I locked the thread because ______". After reading the thread, soulja gave a couple of warnings, that's more than most of the mods do. One simple suggestion is to have a 21 and up forum that is free of censors, this is something that many successful sites offer.  Whether the rules were broken, that is questionable, I acknowledge the sexual innuendo and allusions.  But an allusion to profanity is not by rule profanity.  It doesn't really matter, but if the rules are to be strictly followed, half of the threads need to be deleted. I'd say any thread that has BlowU in it is in violation.
[/quote]

It is true, we let a lot of things slide and slip through. I have no say over the forum age issue, but this is primarily a HS Sports Forum. Surely, people can clean up their language long enough to discuss their teams. HS and JH Kids/Players/Cheerleaders/Moms/Little Brothers/Little Sisters/Teachers/ etc.. get on here to discuss their teams. If people want to rant, rave, curse and sling filth just do it somewhere else. In no way am saying you have or want to do these things. This site has grown to what it is becuase it is clean and anyone can come and discuss without worrying about content. The rules state that this is a "G" rated forum, I for one think that is the best way to keep growing.

[quote name="bronco1" post="818581" timestamp="1279309653"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=70983.msg818578#msg818578 date=1279309030]
My issue is not so much with the thread being locked.  The issue is that no one says, "Hey, I locked the thread because ______". After reading the thread, soulja gave a couple of warnings, that's more than most of the mods do. One simple suggestion is to have a 21 and up forum that is free of censors, this is something that many successful sites offer.  Whether the rules were broken, that is questionable, I acknowledge the sexual innuendo and allusions.  But an allusion to profanity is not by rule profanity.  It doesn't really matter, but if the rules are to be strictly followed, half of the threads need to be deleted. I'd say any thread that has BlowU in it is in violation.
[/quote]

It is true, we let a lot of things slide and slip through. I have no say over the forum age issue, but this is primarily a HS Sports Forum. Surely, people can clean up their language long enough to discuss their teams. HS and JH Kids/Players/Cheerleaders/Moms/Little Brothers/Little Sisters/Teachers/ etc.. get on here to discuss their teams. If people want to rant, rave, curse and sling filth just do it somewhere else. In no way am saying you have or want to do these things. This site has grown to what it is becuase it is clean and anyone can come and discuss without worrying about content. The rules state that this is a "G" rated forum, I for one think that is the best way to keep growing.
[/quote]

well said

i will say this it is hard for myself to control my language because by nature i am very vulgar and soulja1 will attest to that and i got it honestly to say the least. I manange to do pretty good until it comes to mb coaching at png then it just flows like the leak in the gulf. BUt if that thread was locked by soulja1 and he indeed did lock it then so be it. I support what the mods do, and can honestly say that if you cant stick to the subject then dont lick the tab on the envelope you might get a papercut on your tongue. All nonsense aside it is ok to rib each other from other schools, but do it tastefully and try not to talk about ones momma if you know what i mean.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="biaplayer" post="818619" timestamp="1279321469"]
i will say this it is hard for myself to control my language because by nature i am very vulgar and soulja1 will attest to that and i got it honestly to say the least. I manange to do pretty good until it comes to mb coaching at png then it just flows like the leak in the gulf. BUt if that thread was locked by soulja1 and he indeed did lock it then so be it. I support what the mods do, and can honestly say that if you cant stick to the subject then dont lick the tab on the envelope you might get a papercut on your tongue. All nonsense aside it is ok to rib each other from other schools, but do it tastefully and try not to talk about ones momma if you know what i mean.
[/quote]

WhatchootalkinaboutWillis? ;D

I'll tell ya this if we played alternate games each week against each other I'd pick 20-4a to have a higher win/loss % than 19-4a as a whole.Since we don't who the heck knows.What was is in the books,what's in the future the players decide.

[quote name="liltex" post="818644" timestamp="1279330532"]
I'll tell ya this if we played alternate games each week against each other I'd pick 20-4a to have a higher win/loss % than 19-4a as a whole.Since we don't who the heck knows.What was is in the books,what's in the future the players decide.
[/quote]

Well said, I agree.

Back to 19-4A vs 20-4A, the biggest factor in deciding who is strongest currently, the district with Dayton in it obviously has the strongest team and PROGRAM from 7th to 12th grade.

Last years overall results for the Dayton Bronco football program were very impressive.
From 7th to varsity I doubt the whole football program had more than 10 or so losses.

ps.....
Any one with kids in Junior high living in Dayton, Barbers Hill, and Baytown, they made a new junior high district that will be really nice.
I think Crosby is in it to, but they may be playing the Humble schools still.
Will try to post the Pony football schedule on my website when I get back home.

Speaking of junior high football....
Watch for this kid on Cedar Bayou's 8th grade A team.  I'd like to get out there and catch a game, but my work schedule does not allow.  There are highlights of him on youtube, and I just knew he would be a freshman this year(hopefully at Lee, but I have no idea really).
Turns out he was in 7th grade.  This kid could probably help out on varsity this year as an 8th grader if they let him.  lol

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUPszQd70Us]Cedar Bayou 7A Highlights[/url]

The run at the 3 minute mark was particularly impressive to me.
If Baytown is in the same district this year as Dayton, Crosby and BH, that will be a fun district.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="818694" timestamp="1279373717"]
Watch for this kid on Cedar Bayou's 8th grade A team.  I'd like to get out there and catch a game, but my work schedule does not allow.  There are highlights of him on youtube, and I just knew he would be a freshman this year(hopefully at Lee, but I have no idea really).
Turns out he was in 7th grade.  This kid could probably help out on varsity this year as an 8th grader if they let him.  lol

If Baytown is in the same district this year as Dayton, Crosby and BH, that will be a fun district.

[/quote]

Yeah, that kid is definitely going to transfer to Dayton.  He'd look good in the purple and white.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="818694" timestamp="1279373717"]

[/quote] Forget High School that kid could play in college . --- I agree with the "dude" he definitely needs to enhance his career in Boronco land.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="817924" timestamp="1279051565"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=70983.msg817916#msg817916 date=1279048773]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=70983.msg817912#msg817912 date=1279048028]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=70983.msg817910#msg817910 date=1279047191]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=70983.msg817909#msg817909 date=1279046509]
IMHO PN-G is the only team in that district that could compete with Dayton and Crosby.  
[/quote]Lol!!! Trying real hard to bait me in, huh?  Well, it worked!   ;D
Do you really believe that?  Then I find it real funny you say 'compete'.   PN-G and Central would be wining.  It may be a little more difficult beating Dayton, but whoever have crosby will win.  And Dayton is very beatable as well!
[/quote]

I think you mean central would be whining.  Central is over-rated and should not even be in the conversation with Dayton.
[/quote]You must be a youngster..  You don't remember the last 2 times the Broncos played Central, do you?  In 2006, a blocked extra point with no time left gave you a 1 point win that year.  In 2007, You were holding on to a 13-0 lead for most of the game to only score a TD with 2 mins left. This was a not so good Central team who lost to Ozen and missed the playoffs.  Dayton would have been in over their heads with the 2008 Jags.  You remember, the team that Marched 4 rounds deep in the playoffs.  And if you didn't know, the 2009 Jags were playing for a district title with a very good PN-G team and also marged 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.
[/quote]

WOS won state a few times in the 80's.....LOL  Crosby dismantled 20-4A last year in the playoffs and Dayton, well they just spanked yall on a regular basis.  BH has throttled Lumberton and Vidor so many times I have lost count.  PNG was nealry beat by BH last year and PNG was the district champs.  A few years ago Central had to play their hearts out to beat BH (new to 4-A) in a playoff game with Central having a Division I QB.  Careful sparky, those jags, puppies, and feathered lolly gaggers over there might get a whippin soon!  BH going to start with no bark Nederland! Woof-Woof!  All that history means nottta!      
[/quote]

1st game under a new system and you wanna brag about that, what happened when we met yall again? same as will happen this year if we meet again, and tyronne better be carefull about talking crap on the Jags all that does is motivate them. personally i would love to have Dayton back in district than Livinston better competition, if we woulda have moved on last year possibly met up with them?

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="818697" timestamp="1279375221"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=70983.msg818694#msg818694 date=1279373717]

[/quote]

Yeah, that kid is definitely going to transfer to Dayton.  He'd look good in the purple and white.
[/quote]

It's not Dayton I am worried about as much as Sterling or Memorial.  Usually kids zoned to Cedar Bayou end up at Lee though.

Which leads to another point...
How much more difficult is it to get a program in place when you have multiple elementary and junior highs feeding into multiple high schools. 
I've often dreamed of a day when they would create 6 junior highs, 2 for each high school.  That way the junior highs could run the same systems as the high school.  It's just difficult now to get a head start on it with the kids at any particular junior high all going to one of three different high schools.  There's no way to settle on a system.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="818987" timestamp="1279542520"]
How much more difficult is it to get a program in place when you have multiple elementary and junior highs feeding into multiple high schools. 
I've often dreamed of a day when they would create 6 junior highs, 2 for each high school.  That way the junior highs could run the same systems as the high school.  It's just difficult now to get a head start on it with the kids at any particular junior high all going to one of three different high schools.  There's no way to settle on a system.
[/quote]

You are right, freshman year is like starting all over again.

[quote name="bronco1" post="819036" timestamp="1279557327"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=70983.msg818987#msg818987 date=1279542520]
[/quote]

You are right, freshman year is like starting all over again.
[/quote]

Katy? They go to several different middle schools before high school. There's schools throughout the state that go to seperate middle schools and seperate high schools. Sounds like excuses ;) Even WB kids come from seperate middle schools and some split from middle school to HS and go to either Central or Ozen.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="818987" timestamp="1279542520"]
[/quote]

i like the way faircloth is doing it here, we start his program in the junior leagues(STJFL) so when they get to be freshmen they know the system, it comes down to fine tuning and tweaking to the players you have available, and he tweaks his system every season so nobody can get used to it plus multiple plays outta one formation

I still think Dayton is lucky to only have one junior high feeding into the high school.
The flip of that is....
With two junior highs going into the high school (like PN-G and Nederland) you do have two sets of players getting repetitions with first string competition.

Watching the kids start of in Dayton in 7th grade and going up into high school, the program they have at Dayton is top notch.  The athletes improve here at a pace that is hard to match.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder