Who is the best qb in 20-4A?

[quote name="Jduncan1" post="813336" timestamp="1276788915"]
Forney ????? Please give me reasons why he is the best in 20 4a
[/quote]
Not hard to argue when you look at the numbers he put up and wins he helped them to!
Completed 55% of his passes for 941 yards, 11 TDs and only 4 Ints in only 4 games of which they went 3-1.
Forney 235 yds / 2.75 tds / 1 int per game and comleted 55%. Looks pretty good to me.
Doty 163 yds / 1.25 tds / 1 int per game and completed 56%. Of course PNG had a stout running game and Nederland did not.
Gonzo 164 yds / 1 td / 1.1 ints per game and completed 53%. He also rushed for 400 yds and 12 tds. The better athlete yes, not best QB. I saw them play several times and as a QB he really didn't throw the ball down field much at all. Most of his passes where the WR screen to Sonnier.
Hughes 164 yds / 1.3 tds / 0.6 ints per game and completed 53%. He also ran the ball well.

[quote name="badndn" post="813338" timestamp="1276789941"]
[quote author=Jduncan1 link=topic=70576.msg813336#msg813336 date=1276788915]
Forney ????? Please give me reasons why he is the best in 20 4a
[/quote]
Not hard to argue when you look at the numbers he put up and wins he helped them to!
Completed 55% of his passes for 941 yards, 11 TDs and only 4 Ints in only 4 games of which they went 3-1.
Forney 235 yds / 2.75 tds / 1 int per game and comleted 55%. Looks pretty good to me.
Doty 163 yds / 1.25 tds / 1 int per game and completed 56%. Of course PNG had a stout running game and Nederland did not.
Gonzo 164 yds / 1 td / 1.1 ints per game and completed 53%. He also rushed for 400 yds and 12 tds. The better athlete yes, not best QB. I saw them play several times and as a QB he really didn't throw the ball down field much at all. Most of his passes where the WR screen to Sonnier.
Hughes 164 yds / 1.3 tds / 0.6 ints per game and completed 53%. He also ran the ball well.

[/quote]

It's not always about stats though.  Theres alot of other things that factor in.  Like you said, PNG had a good running game, and it's easier to keep your stats high over just a couple games, compared to a whole season, who is more clutch, leadership, etc.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="813353" timestamp="1276793017"]
Both are good and both will get a chance to prove theirself in a couple of months.
[/quote]
Maybe not.

Forney may not start at QB. Nederland has another pretty good QB who was hurt in game one (Smith). Forney may be needed at DE more if Smith is healthy.

The numbers for Forney are very good over a short period, but the biggest number was 3-1 and almost beating Crosby. The team was 2-5 and probably not going to the playoffs before they put him behind center.

I love Doty as our QB, but it is hard to argue against what Forney did.

I have to go with gonzo.
Better at the scramble...which he did a lot of but when he stayed in the pocket he still hit his recievers.
Doty is a good qb but with the running game the have and the o-line his stats will be better.
But when in clutch situations ill take gonzo over anyone in the district.

Really it's who WAS the best qb.This is a new year and they're all even @ this point.Doty was the better last year but he also had 2 xtra playoff games.If you're gonna compare then get right down to the facts;Protection + solid running game+great defense*PNG had along w/43 seniors-Lumberton though effective had a mere 14 seniors-LCM I do not know-Ned not enough time to tell w/all the injuries.It will be interesting to see who rises to be the best in 2010.

Liltex, valid points but I saw every team in district last year except for Livingston and watched PNG 3 times. Just watching him, Doty, had great pocket presence, superior accuracy, and unlike a lot of the qb's I saw he had the ability to somewhat read a coverage. I'm not even looking at the stats to see how he compares you can just tell by watching him.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="813676" timestamp="1276901191"]
Liltex, valid points but I saw every team in district last year except for Livingston and watched PNG 3 times. Just watching him, Doty, had great pocket presence, superior accuracy, and unlike a lot of the qb's I saw he had the ability to somewhat read a coverage. I'm not even looking at the stats to see how he compares you can just tell by watching him.
[/quote]

Couldn't put it better...  The kid just stands out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124