A big THANKS

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="809117" timestamp="1275672141"]
They already have a great relationship with the local high school baseball community. Have had had it for many years.
[/quote]

Agreed, Lamar has always had a good relationship with high school sports period.  You have to realize that the opportunities to use Vincent-Beck are limited due to one thing, geography.  Given that it is not a geographical half-way point, many coaches outside the area would agree to V-B or (Cardinal Stadium once it is refurbished) because they would be giving the SETX teams a home playoff game. 

Yes, I have heard and read all of the apparent obstacles why Vincent-Beck hasn't been used (one of which is kind of debunked given that the LU baseball team is playing today in Fort Worth and there is a game tonight at Vincent-Beck).  But Coach Gilligan is a smart man who has coached for several years and knows not to alienate the potential talent pool.  Having met Coach Gilligan while I was a student at Lamar, I can also tell you that he is a no-nonsense man who will not let technicalities get in the way.

There may have been some misunderstandings, but I don't believe LU or Coach Gilligan has ever intended not to be as helpful as possible.

Well said....All you have to look at is the geography...We are kind of in a corner of Texas.

Look at all of the playoff games that Lufkin gets. Almost every weekend Angelina, Morris Frank, Central Pollock, and Huntington have been used for playoff series. Being in a neutral location means lots more playoff games in the area.

Most years Hudson also hosts its fair share as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami